Questions for the Women

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jzinsky said:
Among the Sleep said:
VanillaCreme said:
Among the Sleep said:
VanillaCreme said:
I wouldn't say that you should feel emasculated. Being cute doesn't mean much of anything other than the fact she thinks you're a cute dude.

Yeah...guess I'll get a kiss on the forehead or something, good for me...

Hold on a minute, what's that supposed to mean? Sarcasm or what?

Well, I'm just saying, I've been called "the cutest thing ever", literally, by five or six different girls. But I mean, is that an attractive quality? I dunno. Maybe being kind of shy/goofy/funny can be like, endearing to some women...but I dunno, doesn't seem to help me.

My first thought is that your dog is cute too, I'd rather be the "most underwear remover ever" than cute :D

Yeah exactly. I'd rather be referred to as like, "a studly, handsome babe smasher" or something. Not something that you call a puppy as you're giving it a pat on the head and a Milk Bone. No one wants to fresia a lost puppy.

lol, I think you guys might be missing something here.
Does it matter if she thinks you're "cute" for WHATEVER her reasons are, as long as she's INTERESTED????

ippi said:
My question is, how can I contact a girl and try to ask her out without appearing as a stalker? She barely knows I exist. In todays society every relationship has to be by coincidence apparently...

Just ask her out? You don't have to let on that you were stalking her. If you want it to seem like coincidence, make it so that the first time you talk to her is "coincidental". Or just plainly start talking to her. Isn't that how people get to know each other anyway?

EveWasFramed said:
Does it matter if she thinks you're "cute" for WHATEVER her reasons are, as long as she's INTERESTED????

It does to many. In a guys' world, being called cute borders on an insult. And as much as women in general have the need to feel feminine, men have the need to feel masculine.

perfanoff said:
EveWasFramed said:

It does to many. In a guys' world, being called cute borders on an insult. And as much as women in general have the need to feel feminine, men have the need to feel masculine.

Although I do see your point, would you (or men in general) really turn away a woman who thought you were "cute?" (Keeping in mind that my cute may not have the same meaning as yours.)

EveWasFramed said:
perfanoff said:
EveWasFramed said:

Although I do see your point, would you (or men in general) really turn away a woman who thought you were "cute?" (Keeping in mind that my cute may not have the same meaning as yours.)

When I was younger and foolish yes :) I personally don't mind being called that anymore.

EveWasFramed said:
Although I do see your point, would you (or men in general) really turn away a woman who thought you were "cute?"

YES.

It doesn't matter how hot a woman thinks I am... I would not want to deal with her if she's crazy/stupid/ignorant/dumb/insane/vapid/shallow. lol

Badjedidude said:
EveWasFramed said:
Although I do see your point, would you (or men in general) really turn away a woman who thought you were "cute?"

YES.

It doesn't matter how hot a woman thinks I am... I would not want to deal with her if she's crazy/stupid/ignorant/dumb/insane/vapid/shallow. lol

:club:
I didnt say if she was stupid/ignorant/dumb/insane/vapid/shallow... I said if she thought you were cute. Calling someone cute doesn't make you those things. (un)

Edit: Read several posts back, Steve. We're talking being called "cute" not accepting someone you find shallow, vapid, etc.

EveWasFramed said:
I didnt say if she was stupid/ignorant/dumb/insane/vapid/shallow... I said if she thought you were cute. Calling someone cute doesn't make you those things.

I didn't say that.

But I did answer your question. Now... if you had asked, "would you (or men in general) really turn away a woman because she thought you were "cute?"

...then I would say NO.

I'm perfectly fine with being called cute by a woman.

not that it's ever happened

ippi said:
My question is, how can I contact a girl and try to ask her out without appearing as a stalker? She barely knows I exist. In todays society every relationship has to be by coincidence apparently...

"Hey I just met you, and this is crazy,
but here's my number, so call me maybe"

You won't be seen as a stalker, but you will be seen as a nutter!

A couple years ago when I was working in a video rental store there were a couple of girls that came up to the counter with Twilight. I started making jokes about how awful they are, and they argued that they weren't that bad. They were giggling through the smalltalk, which I attributed to simple amusement. After they walked out the door my manager came up to me and the following dialogue ensued:

Boss: "Dude, you totally could've gotten their numbers."
Me: "What?"
Boss: "They were flirting with you."
Me: "Eh? How could you tell?"
Boss: "They were giggling and smiling."
Me: "So? I thought they were just giggling out of amusement."
Boss: "Man, they weren't even paying attention."
Me: "Oh. Well, ****... Guess they still hold Twilight in high esteem afterall."

So I've realized that I am totally oblivious to when I'm being flirted with or when someone is interested. I've been rejected every time I've tried to get a date so I was put under the assumption that I am generally undesirable. Are there certain "gives" to look for in body language if someone is interested?

One time a friend of my wifes was chatting with me, taking an interest in my stuff and asked to borrow a book I had been reading / talking about.

Later my wife, who had been there the entire time, told me she'd been flirting with me. It hadn't registered at all, my wife knew that so thats why she said nothing, I think it amused her actually.

Latest posts

Back