Questions for the Women

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Limlim said:
They could have also just figured that the topic that was being discussed hand ended and come to a satisfying conclusion. If everything we talked about lasted forever, then the first thread on the forum would still be going on to this day!

Edit: silly me this is questions for the women!

I'm a woman and you bring up a good point Lim (**** did I really just say that?)

Maybe you just need to be more "interesting" to them. Talk about what they enjoy doing and whatnot.

Callie said:
Limlim said:
They could have also just figured that the topic that was being discussed hand ended and come to a satisfying conclusion. If everything we talked about lasted forever, then the first thread on the forum would still be going on to this day!

I'm a woman and you bring up a good point Lim (**** did I really just say that?)

Maybe you just need to be more "interesting" to them. Talk about what they enjoy doing and whatnot.

Sounds about right. Last girl I was talking too, I kept the conversation about her, but eventually she asked me something. I decided to answer briefly but with plenty to add to the conversation. Alas she didn't reply. Maybe I shouldn't have answered? Put more of the questions on her? Or maybe I just came out bad. Uninteresting, which is quite possible. Unfortunately the question didn't give me much room to sound "cool and interesting." Always learning, thanks.

WolFoxrr said:
Callie said:
Limlim said:

Sounds about right. Last girl I was talking too, I kept the conversation about her, but eventually she asked me something. I decided to answer briefly but with plenty to add to the conversation. Alas she didn't reply. Maybe I shouldn't have answered? Put more of the questions on her? Or maybe I just came out bad. Uninteresting, which is quite possible. Unfortunately the question didn't give me much room to sound "cool and interesting." Always learning, thanks.

Well, they may also not see it going anywhere if they have to talk about themselves all the time and only get brief answers from you when they ask about you.
Each woman is different tho, so it's hard to tell just based on the information you provided.

kamya said:
Why do American women crave chocolate? I read a study that only American women or women in Americanized countries crave chocolate. What is it about the chocolate that you love soooo much?!?

[edit- I found the study again http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15036792]

I don't crave chocolate, I just need it all the time.... Besides, it's yum, so....

kamya said:
Why do American women crave chocolate? I read a study that only American women or women in Americanized countries crave chocolate. What is it about the chocolate that you love soooo much?!?

[edit- I found the study again http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15036792]

Endorphins. Or, at least, we were conditioned to believe that the endorphins in chocolate brings down our stress level. I think I read somewhere that at one time chocolate was taboo because many women preferred it over sex (and still do)! I doubt it's true, but it sounds like something that could happen.

Would girls find it weird to lick a little dogs face, or has any girls done it. I actually groomed a cats face today. It's so much fun.

An actual serious question for the ladies:

I've often been too shy to talk to a girl I like, and have watched for months as she floats away. Do girls do this too?

I ask because my crush almost never interacts with me first even though she's reasonably confident when I start up a conversation.

It's maddening and I'm getting the impression she doesn't care about me as a result - I'm thinking of just stopping it.

Am I being fair, or do you think she's just as shy as I was/am?

As a sidenote, I don't think I've seen her start a conversation with another guy before, but she's really confident and chatty at parties...urgh.

TheSolitaryMan said:
I've often been too shy to talk to a girl I like, and have watched for months as she floats away. Do girls do this too?

Story of my life. So yes, girls do this too.

What's going on in that pretty little head of your girl in particular, I cannot say. It's impossible to know what people think or feel when then don't communicate. Most of us (people in general, not just girls) aren't mind readers, after all. The only way for you to be sure about her, is to ask her. I know it's horrifying, but it really is the only way.

Equinox said:
TheSolitaryMan said:

Story of my life. So yes, girls do this too.

What's going on in that pretty little head of your girl in particular, I cannot say. It's impossible to know what people think or feel when then don't communicate. Most of us (people in general, not just girls) aren't mind readers, after all. The only way for you to be sure about her, is to ask her. I know it's horrifying, but it really is the only way.

Thanks Equinox, that reply meant a lot actually :)

I...don't think I can do that. I should just accept it and move on, no need to make a fool of myself in addition to it all.

I've given her a few chances to spend time with me easily, she's never really gone for them, so I think as usual I'm just taking a few very mild positives and distorting it all with my own wishful thinking.

I'm so great at making myself hurt :(

Ok.. I'm a woman asking women a question. Would you ok with just being friends with a guy who doesn't want a relationship or that is in one already? Or would that be a waste or not of your interest?

A question for the women: Do you like it when a guy comes onto you, or says directly that he's interested in you, when you haven't known each other for very long, or is that a turn off? How much does it depend on the guy? (For comparison, as a guy, if a girl did that to me I'd be thrilled, and it doesn't depend much who.)

xrchz said:
A question for the women: Do you like it when a guy comes onto you, or says directly that he's interested in you, when you haven't known each other for very long, or is that a turn off? How much does it depend on the guy? (For comparison, as a guy, if a girl did that to me I'd be thrilled, and it doesn't depend much who.)

It's a little startling, but yeah it's flattering. I can't say I'd take it seriously that he's interested in "me" if it's been a short amount of time. Now, this is in the situation in where the guy has only seen me a few times or something and no conversation.

Okiedokes said:
I can't say I'd take it seriously that he's interested in "me" if it's been a short amount of time. Now, this is in the situation in where the guy has only seen me a few times or something and no conversation.

What it would mean is that 1) he thinks you're attractive, and 2) he is single and looking. If I were a girl those would definitely be reasons to continue (or start) conversing and get more personality and values on the table. (But who knows what the world would be like if I were really a girl - that's the point of this thread.)

xrchz said:
Okiedokes said:
I can't say I'd take it seriously that he's interested in "me" if it's been a short amount of time. Now, this is in the situation in where the guy has only seen me a few times or something and no conversation.

What it would mean is that 1) he thinks you're attractive, and 2) he is single and looking. If I were a girl those would definitely be reasons to continue (or start) conversing and get more personality and values on the table. (But who knows what the world would be like if I were really a girl - that's the point of this thread.)

Right, I agree with that if I were looking as well and found them to be pleasing to be around for those few minutes.

Latest posts

Back