Questions for the Women

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
windsley said:
Ehm i had a question

what do women thinks when they caught a stranger (male) staring at them ? (making eye contact)

Personally, I HATE being stared at, so I would probably either casually find somewhere where he can't see me or do my best to ignore it. Occasionally, I will stare back until he stops.

BUT, that's me. Unless you are leering at her, I don't see any harm in it and unless they are like me, they usually enjoy the attention and smile or strike up a conversation or blush or something.

I try to expect the best from people (without being naive about it). My first thought would be either that he thought he recognised me but couldn't place me or else his mind was elsewhere and the stare was just an accident.

My question might sound weird but I really wanna know what everyone think.

I had this huge crush on this girl who already has a boyfriend for roughly 4 years. Yeah, same old story right? Anyway, I was on the process of moving on, and so I decided to meet her for the very last time about 3 months ago.
We talk for awhile, and somehow the topic of why she doesn't enjoy Americans' party came up (she is Japanese). She told me that before she and her boyfriend dated, he took her to this party where everyone was literally naked. It was not an orgy or anything, people were just naked and dancing and she ended up crying in the corner (or something similar).
I told her how horrible I think that was, and on my mind I only wished to be able to ended up in a party like that LOL. However, when I think back about that story now, something felt out of place and here is my question: Why would any girl date a guy who brings her to a place where there are naked dancing girls & guys and the girl wasnt comfortable in the first place? Any thought?

H0ang Nh0t said:
My question might sound weird but I really wanna know what everyone think.

I had this huge crush on this girl who already has a boyfriend for roughly 4 years. Yeah, same old story right? Anyway, I was on the process of moving on, and so I decided to meet her for the very last time about 3 months ago.
We talk for awhile, and somehow the topic of why she doesn't enjoy Americans' party came up (she is Japanese). She told me that before she and her boyfriend dated, he took her to this party where everyone was literally naked. It was not an orgy or anything, people were just naked and dancing and she ended up crying in the corner (or something similar).
I told her how horrible I think that was, and on my mind I only wished to be able to ended up in a party like that LOL. However, when I think back about that story now, something felt out of place and here is my question: Why would any girl date a guy who brings her to a place where there are naked dancing girls & guys and the girl wasnt comfortable in the first place? Any thought?

I don't think this is specifically a gender thing, meaning that it's not a general question that other females could possibly answer, but I'll give my honest input anyway. It sounds as though perhaps he didn't know she'd be upset. I don't know if that conversation ever came up for them, but perhaps he thought she'd be alright with attending such a party. Seeing that it wasn't a sexual thing, maybe it didn't occur to him that it would be a bad experience for her.

Either way, for any reason of his, that's a personal issue for her. You could ask ten other females, and they might not have an issue with attending such a party.

windsley said:
Ehm i had a question

what do women thinks when they caught a stranger (male) staring at them ? (making eye contact)

I'm not much to look at so boys never give me a second glance, except one. Feeling shy I looked down. Then up again to see his brilliant smile. His name was Jack...Some time I might write up a diary about that.

Mostly, people don't mean to stare. Like at caffs, like this morning when my sisters were eating our breakfasts there was a bunch of truckers in the corner. They stared probably because it must have been unusual seeing seven girls all piling in together. :D

H0ang Nh0t said:
Why would any girl date a guy who brings her to a place where there are naked dancing girls & guys and the girl wasn't comfortable in the first place? Any thought?

Cause we get those "love goggles" on, where we look past all the stupid things guys do to us because we either "love them oh so much" or think we do that we will do anything in order for a guy to stay with us. Because why would he want to stay with us in the first place? We have SO much wrong with us and we are so thankful that we have a boyfriend....yada yada yada...

I use to think this way, and I have found lots of younger women do. Some get to the point where they aren't putting up with that crap anymore though.

Not saying your crush is in the wrong or right, or that I am making a correct assumption here, it is only what I have observed.

I have a question.

If a girl ignores you(for example ignores your facebook friend requests), does that mean she doesn't want to be with you?

I would think so. But I told this girl that I like her more than five years ago, and well, I think she remained single after all those years. I could be wrong but if she did/does have a bf then she never posted his picture on the internet.

Here's a question - Why would a woman ignore a man one day and then pay him a huge amount of attention the next ?

Idol Minos said:
I have a question.

If a girl ignores you(for example ignores your facebook friend requests), does that mean she doesn't want to be with you?

I would think so. But I told this girl that I like her more than five years ago, and well, I think she remained single after all those years. I could be wrong but if she did/does have a bf then she never posted his picture on the internet.

I would think that's how it is. She's not interested, if she is, she would have showed signs. But then again, I would also say, I won't rely on Facebook to determine this. You should talk to her face to face and find out for yourself in person. That's a better way to determine whether she's interested or not. Plus, she can't see how you are right now through a friend request. She might just be interested with the way you are now if she meets you in person. 5 years ago and the present time could hold different moments and mindsets between the both of you. And Facebook doesn't determine anything solid I'd say.

Triple Bogey said:
Here's a question - Why would a woman ignore a man one day and then pay him a huge amount of attention the next ?

Maybe she realises what she's missing out on or maybe she just decided to take a chance. Something could have triggered her to change her mind.

ladyforsaken said:
Idol Minos said:
I have a question.

I would think that's how it is. She's not interested, if she is, she would have showed signs. But then again, I would also say, I won't rely on Facebook to determine this. You should talk to her face to face and find out for yourself in person. That's a better way to determine whether she's interested or not. Plus, she can't see how you are right now through a friend request. She might just be interested with the way you are now if she meets you in person. 5 years ago and the present time could hold different moments and mindsets between the both of you. And Facebook doesn't determine anything solid I'd say.

Triple Bogey said:

Maybe she realises what she's missing out on or maybe she just decided to take a chance. Something could have triggered her to change her mind.

But when it goes on for ages ?
Even years !

Anyway, another question. If a woman is looking forward to seeing a man she hasn't seen for awhile. Would she ignore him and wait for him to speak ? Like she is too shy to talk or maybe thinks he isn't bothered with her. She is maybe insecure about how much he cares.

A woman I know, if I don't talk straight away to her, I leave it for an hour or so. She makes no effort to speak to me or look at me. When I do speak however, she blushes and turns away and there is always this half smile on her face which she tries to hide. And after that she talks to me okay.

ladyforsaken said:
Idol Minos said:
I have a question.

Triple Bogey said:

thanks for the response. I wish I could see her face to face. it would take a plane ride for me to see her in person. I don't know what to do. I wonder though why she's still single. A part of me says she'd rather see me in person than have a long distance relationship. but that's the hopeless romantic part of me.

I guess I'll just have to leave this to fate if we're meant to be.

Idol Minos said:
thanks for the response. I wish I could see her face to face. it would take a plane ride for me to see her in person. I don't know what to do. I wonder though why she's still single. A part of me says she'd rather see me in person than have a long distance relationship. but that's the hopeless romantic part of me.

I guess I'll just have to leave this to fate if we're meant to be.

Oh, I see now. Well in the case, can't you send her a message? I think you can even if you're not on their friends list, right?

Triple Bogey said:
ladyforsaken said:

But when it goes on for ages ?
Even years !

Anyway, another question. If a woman is looking forward to seeing a man she hasn't seen for awhile. Would she ignore him and wait for him to speak ? Like she is too shy to talk or maybe thinks he isn't bothered with her. She is maybe insecure about how much he cares.

A woman I know, if I don't talk straight away to her, I leave it for an hour or so. She makes no effort to speak to me or look at me. When I do speak however, she blushes and turns away and there is always this half smile on her face which she tries to hide. And after that she talks to me okay.

Sometimes people take years to come to a particular realisation. Who knows, unless you really ask her upfront about it.

As for your other question, hmm, I think some women feel like men should take the first approach so they just don't budge on their end until he makes the move. So she won't show any emotion to it cos she wouldn't want to seem like a fool or perhaps shy to show any emotion until you make the approach then it probably loosens her up a bit. This is just what I think, it might be a totally different case for her.

Idol Minos said:
I have a question.

Maybe she just doesn't add anyone she doesn't know. How well do you know her? I mean, you said you asked her out five years ago, but that doesn't indicate either way if you know her or not.
Not everyone plasters their relationships on social media, though. I have quite a few friends with boyfriends that don't post pics of them there. Or, she could have certain things blocked from people seeing. You never know.

Triple Bogey said:

I think more context is needed to answer this question. Is she busy one day and not the next? Is she depressed one day and not the next? Etc etc. It could be any reason, but without having the entire story, it's impossible to tell for sure.
To what extent is the ignoring? Do you talk to her and she just completely ignores you or does she just not approach you and you not approach her?

TheRealCallie said:
Idol Minos said:
I have a question.

Maybe she just doesn't add anyone she doesn't know. How well do you know her? I mean, you said you asked her out five years ago, but that doesn't indicate either way if you know her or not.
Not everyone plasters their relationships on social media, though. I have quite a few friends with boyfriends that don't post pics of them there. Or, she could have certain things blocked from people seeing. You never know.

Triple Bogey said:

I think more context is needed to answer this question. Is she busy one day and not the next? Is she depressed one day and not the next? Etc etc. It could be any reason, but without having the entire story, it's impossible to tell for sure.
To what extent is the ignoring? Do you talk to her and she just completely ignores you or does she just not approach you and you not approach her?

The ignoring I mean obviously isn't when I speak to her because very few people do that. Most of the time people are polite, they talk back to anybody.

This ignoring includes - not directly looking at me. Always looking at the floor etc. Not speaking first. Not saying 'hello' or acknowledging I am there, close by. Not reacting to things I say out loud, eg jokes that everybody else laughs at. Talking to everybody else but me, even delivery men or people she doesn't know. Plus the fact there isn't a problem, for example an argument the day before.

Triple Bogey said:
The ignoring I mean obviously isn't when I speak to her because very few people do that. Most of the time people are polite, they talk back to anybody.

This ignoring includes - not directly looking at me. Always looking at the floor etc. Not speaking first. Not saying 'hello' or acknowledging I am there, close by. Not reacting to things I say out loud, eg jokes that everybody else laughs at. Talking to everybody else but me, even delivery men or people she doesn't know. Plus the fact there isn't a problem, for example an argument the day before.

I do that with four types of guys:

Ones that intimidate me (bosses, ones that are respected, professors, anyone better than me)

Guys that are rude to me (which would be like an agrument the day before, which is not your case)

Guys that make me uncomfortable (I get scared by people easy, so I look at the floor. For example, I was walking into Walmart, and I saw a man pull his shirt down and before he got it down I noticed he had gun in a holster tucked in his waisted band. It made me uneasy.)

And guys that I like and am afraid to screw things up with.

Quick one for the ladies on here, if I may :p

Why do girls who like a guy then ignore his attempts at conversation? Both in real life and online dating.

Find it quite odd, I've met girls who stare at me from across the room or smile at me, but when I engage them in chit-chat they just act like they're really not bothered, even from the moment I just say "hi".

Similarly, a girl can "like" me on a dating app or what have you, then just ignore my friendly message afterwards. These girls typically keep visiting my profile too for days, which...makes no sense to me :shy:

I mean, I know some people are shy, but still.

Nicolelt said:
Triple Bogey said:

I do that with four types of guys:

Ones that intimidate me (bosses, ones that are respected, professors, anyone better than me)

Guys that are rude to me (which would be like an agrument the day before, which is not your case)

Guys that make me uncomfortable (I get scared by people easy, so I look at the floor. For example, I was walking into Walmart, and I saw a man pull his shirt down and before he got it down I noticed he had gun in a holster tucked in his waisted band. It made me uneasy.)

And guys that I like and am afraid to screw things up with.

Thank you for that. Very interesting.

I am not her boss or rude so it's either one of the last two, probably the 3rd one.

Depending on the situation and the guy I have done that in the past. If I know that a guy has more than one interest,if you make yourself too keen he seems to lose interest so I have read its better to be more aloof as apparently (and i'm not saything this is right) the fact that you have pulled away makes him more interested. The reason being if you come across as too clingy he will lose interest.

Why there are a lot more question for women if the threads were created at the same time?

Latest posts

Back