Questions for the Women

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well, at least they don't have to ask why this thread gets more posts anymore. That's one less question for us women.

Triple Bogey said:
Xpendable said:
Sci-Fi said:
Women have the same issues men do asking someone out.

lol

I don't agree with that statement. It is far easier for women because they know the chances of a 'yes' are far greater !

I would have to generally disagree as well, based on my anecdotal experience, nothing more.

AmytheTemperamental said:
well, at least they don't have to ask why this thread gets more posts anymore. That's one less question for us women.

In fact it shows how much more questions women get from men than vice versa. There's an entire culture dedicated at the single idea of how to ask a woman out. There are seminars, books, programs, coaches and even philosophies appointed to address the way men struggle to find a correct way to find a date or even acceptance. I don't see the same organization in the women side. I don't see this Zeitgeist of methods and techniques and endless self-help maquination. I don't see female PUA's or dating gurus for women. Self improvement campaigns and massive talks about how to ask a men out. Why is that? Are we really just making things up or we like to pretend there's no difference between how men a women deal with dating?

No, it doesn't in fact show that. It shows what the small population of men on ALL have to ask women. And why don't women ask as much of them? Because the men are always talking about it, and answering any questions we could possibly have. Observation is a powerful tool.

Paraiyar said:
Triple Bogey said:
Xpendable said:
Sci-Fi said:

lol

I don't agree with that statement. It is far easier for women because they know the chances of a 'yes' are far greater !

I would have to generally disagree as well, based on my anecdotal experience, nothing more.

Women don't "know" the chances of us getting a yes are far greater. Sorry, but it's the same. You just have more men complaining about it than women.

I know MANY women who have been turned down. I've been turned down before.

TheRealCallie said:
Paraiyar said:
Triple Bogey said:
Xpendable said:
Sci-Fi said:

lol

Women don't "know" the chances of us getting a yes are far greater. Sorry, but it's the same. You just have more men complaining about it than women.

It's harder for a man to get a date. END OF STORY !

Triple Bogey said:
TheRealCallie said:
Paraiyar said:
Triple Bogey said:
Xpendable said:

It's harder for a man to get a date. END OF STORY !

Could you please explain how you came to this conclusion?

searching4something said:
There are dating gurus for women, you just never came across them, but a quick search in Google yields many results...

no_gurus1.jpg

nogurus2.jpg

I can't remove the stupid attachment and I can't use bb codes by default. Great work guys; I can't even edit my signature.

Attachments

• nogurus2.jpg
    nogurus2.jpg
    341.5 KB · Views: 8
TheRealCallie said:

I've been rejected (let's use the word most people, men included, would use) too. I just don't feel the need to talk about it cos it makes me sad. Also, I don't blame the opposite sex for my rejections. Instead, I keep trying whatever works to meet people out there and keep my attitude positive and work on my issues so as to raise my chances.

I think it would work for any gender, to be honest.

Asking someone out is difficult for everyone. Period. Some people get rejected more, others less. There's no universal answer for why some get rejected more than others.

But most of all, lets just go with this baseless claim, why does it even matter? Does blaming women make the problem go away? Does it improve the chances of your advances being accepted if you point out that women have it easy? Does it make you feel better to think that women don't have it as tough as you? How does that help you in any way? All it does is make you sound like a misogynist (also I said sound like, not that you are so don't jump down my throat)

I don't know what it is like for men, just as men do not know what is like for women because are different. That is why there are two threads. I pass on what I would like or feel as a woman. That is what Oldyoung asked for.

Veronika said:
Asking someone out is difficult for everyone. Period. Some people get rejected more, others less. There's no universal answer for why some get rejected more than others.

But most of all, lets just go with this baseless claim, why does it even matter? Does blaming women make the problem go away? Does it improve the chances of your advances being accepted if you point out that women have it easy? Does it make you feel better to think that women don't have it as tough as you? How does that help you in any way?

I think the issue goes deeper than just rejection. That's just a part of the subject. And no one is blaming woman. There's importance on pointing out the differences, so we don't make the mistake of thinking we need the same solutions.
No, it doesn't help in that way, but it helps to understand how reality works and how to find the root of the problem. All things can be tackle with enough understanding of them.

Veronika said:
All it does is make you sound like a misogynist (also I said sound like, not that you are so don't jump down my throat)

Then don't use that word. At this point is just a defense mechanism to end a discussion.

Xpendable said:
No, it doesn't help in that way, but it helps to understand how reality works and how to find the root of the problem.

The problem with "reality" is that everyone seems to have their own version of it. Reality, often isn't reality, but how the individual person feels about something. Beliefs cloud reality.

Triple Bogey said:

HA!

HAHA!

Yeah... okay... sure...

I can tell you right now that I do not have a greater chance of getting a yes. I never have before. In fact, I've had guys tell me they wouldn't date me when I wasn't even going after it.

I bet women have a greater chance of getting a yes with other women.. Nilla, ask me out :club:

Latest posts

Back