Questions on Ambien

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alonewanderer

Reaction score
If anyone can answer some questions regarding the sleep medication Ambien through PM's I would greatly appreciate your time.

Seems alot of what I read about ambien has been censored off the internet.

Why don't you just ask your doctor? It seems weird to ask people (why probably don't know much about drugs except their own personal experiences) questions about drugs in PM format off a forum.

alonewanderer said:
I'm looking for personal experiences regarding ambien.

You know, I've found personal anecdotes about drugs to be unreliable.

If you just look up the side-effects certain drugs have, then you usually know what you could deal with. The side effect lables usually are divided into two sections; Common side-effects and uncommon ones.

Everyone's body is different, so each drug will give you a different experience.

I was prescribed ambien and let me tell you, i hallucinated more than any other drug had made me. and i took shrooms a before. so be careful while taking it.

Ambien has never caused any weird side effects for me. I take it as prescribed. I suppose everyone responds differently to it.

The hallucinations are one severe, and rather rare, side effect of Ambien. They ask that you stop taking it immeditely and call the doctor when it occurs.

The most common side effects are drowsiness during the day, dizziness, feeling "drugged" or light-headed; loss of physical coordination; amnesia and forgetfulness; really vivid and messed up dreams; nausea; dry mouth; headaches and blurred vision.

I never hallucinated on Ambien, though as I got dependent on it, I developed massive headaches which persisted all day long. It also became difficult to find a therapeutic dosage as my body developed a tolerance to it. I ended up switching off between Lunesta and Ambien and supplementing it with another drug used off-label to get me drowsy.

I must be lucky then...I've been taking it for about four years.... 5-10 mg most nights and Ive never had any isssues. I guess it just depends on the person.

Latest posts

Back