Random Half-Conscious Stuff

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[WittyUsername]

Reaction score
Hey I have a really weird question and I'm very interested in your responses. So, I'm an engineer which means I'm not very creative. I know they tell you engineers need to be creative and inventive to solve problems but that's just the really good ones. Anyways, I don't have a creative bone in my body.

But something weird happens when I'm about to fall asleep. I'm kind of an insomniac and I drift in and out for about a half hour before I fall asleep. During that time, I'm in a really weird state of half-consciousness. What happens is crazy - I become like this artist on steroids. I can imagine beautiful scenery like in paintings and create amazing music. I've often thought that if I could somehow capture the music that plays in my head just before I drift off to sleep, I could easily be a millionaire writer of music. Anybody else have this weird experience? Or any other half-conscious thoughts that are totally crazy like that?

I write in my head as I am falling off to sleep and in that half asleep, half awake state. I write letters or have conversations (in my head anyways) with people telling them stuff I have always wanted to, but some how it all sounds right and very well put. Unlike me fully awake where I nearly always say the wrong thing. Lol I often wonder if I should have a pen and paper next to the bed and try and write it all down lol

Maz
X

Its called lucid dreaming at times; before you sleep, your mind drifts to a condition without inhibitions and allows you to be extremely creative. I believe you underestimate your creativity, but at any rate, its certainly an useful state if you maintain it.

Mind you, a lot of the 'awesome ideas' that occur there are really quite insane once you grasp them, but they are always interesting.

That is fascinating. Is this a well-documented but little-known fact? :p

But seriously. That idea suggests that our creativity is limited by ourselves, whether consciously or subconsciously. Any word on removing inhibitions? You know, without alcohol or LSD?

[WittyUsername] said:
That is fascinating. Is this a well-documented but little-known fact? :p

But seriously. That idea suggests that our creativity is limited by ourselves, whether consciously or subconsciously. Any word on removing inhibitions? You know, without alcohol or LSD?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucid_dream

It is well documented but difficult to control scientifically because it is so subjective. Meditation techniques can get you to any useful state of mind without the use of psychoactive substances.

Latest posts

Back