ray bans sunglasses 12356nvmn8922

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4VnH6Z2.jpg

Appetizer perhaps as well?

TheRealCallie said:
Oh look!  Eve's still here  How about some soup, my dear?  :D

642f1695465594fdaae0a8f16b78ba10.jpg

Making me hungry.
c6c41ed61a1ed83c500c7ab0e5a54bfc.jpg

I thought about making the image smaller, but just look at the detail on those worms!!
Also, I think that's a spam burger. Lol

Also, I like how you quoted it so you could stare at it while you replied.  :p

Lx4b4sb.jpg

How many bugs do I eat every year?

Some people – quite a lot of them, actually – eat bugs on purpose. The rest of us consume them by accident. And we're not talking an ant or two here, a stray aphid there. No, it's more like a pound or two (453 to 907 grams) a year [source: Eplett]. Here's another fact that might be surprising: Most of those bugs are in processed and packaged foods, not fresh-from-the-farm produce.

The Food and Drug Administration has surprisingly specific guidelines about exactly how many bug parts can be in certain foods. Your 8-ounce (226-gram) glass of orange juice, for example, can legally contain five fruit flies. There could be 50 aphids, mites or thrips plus some caterpillar larvae in 3.5 ounces (100 grams) of frozen spinach. Thrips, tiny winged parasites that are up to an eighth of an inch long, hang out in apple butter, and frozen asparagus, broccoli and Brussels sprouts [source: FDA]. And that's just for starters.

HowStuffWorks

...the Food and Drug Administration permits a certain amount of insects in food products because it’s practically impossible to keep them completely out. The Food Defect Action Levels outlines the permissible amount of bugs (and other natural contaminants) allowed in food. According to guidelines, pasta may contain an average of 225 insect fragments or more per 225 grams; a cup of raisins can have 33 fruit fly eggs and still make its way to shelves--it’s 34 or more that are unacceptable. While these levels represent limits and the actual amount consumed is probably lower, on average an individual probably ingests about one to two pounds of flies, maggots and other bugs each year without even knowing it.

Scientific American

L9XqvBz.jpg

Latest posts

Back