ray bans sunglasses 12356nvmn8922

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Flying lion (Griffin)

2mcu8ao.jpg

9006 said:
Sci-Fi said:

Haha I remember this episode well, that's just after Burns says something about giving his employees an early finish (or something)... if pigs could fly.

Money to orphans, still doesn't do it though. Gotta love Mr. Burns.

Homer's big backyard barbeque pig roast party where Lisa decided to become a vegetarian and ruined the party.

"It's just a little dirty, it's still good. It's just a little slimy it's still good, it's still good. It's just a little airborne, it's still good, it's still good."

Sci-Fi said:
"It's just a little dirty, it's still good. It's just a little slimy it's still good, it's still good. It's just a little airborne, it's still good, it's still good."

Yeah, chasing it down the street.

Flying%20Cat.jpg

Don't ask me why but this reminds me of Annik, haha.

9006 said:
Don't ask me why but this reminds me of Annik, haha.

My first thought too.

"The whole proposition that you can gain or lose an hour is at best theoretical," ... "So I think from the start people had no clear idea what we were doing or why we were doing it. It just generates confusion, and confusion generates bad will."

~Tufts University professor Michael Downing, author of Spring Forward: The Annual Madness of Daylight Saving Time

Lighter evenings mean lower demand for illumination and electricity, the theory goes. But studies question whether daylight saving time produces any gains at all—and some suggest it may have the opposite effect.

"It has been expanded by a month every 20 years or so since the mid-1960s, and now we start to get daylight saving time in the late winter/early spring and in the very late autumn. This means that our sunrise times are so late that schoolchildren are out on dark streets in the morning, and that raises objections among parents of schoolchildren."

A 2012 study by University of Alabama at Birmingham's Martin Young found that the risk of heart attack surges by 10 percent on the Monday and Tuesday after moving the clocks ahead an hour each spring.

"Exactly why this happens is not known but there are several theories," ... said in a statement accompanying the study.

"The farmers were the only organized lobby against daylight saving in the history of the country," (USA) ... explaining that the practice left them with an hour less sunlight to get crops to market
and cows' natural milking schedules don't adapt easily to a sudden shift.

National Geographic

I was reading the exact same article earlier!

It did raise some points about fuel cost and various things that i hadn't heard before.

i'm not sure who it helps either..
I noticed this week that it's no longer dark in the morning when I wake, but it sure is dark when I get home from work now!
so, it seems like the ones who benefit from the daylight are businesses that don't need lights on in the morning, but the home owners pay for it because now we need to turn lights on the moment we get home.

We just came off of daylight savings time and are now on real time. Whatever benefits they feel that we get from 'daylight savings' would have come before the last time change.

It seems that basically the idea is to help conserve energy. The article mentioned above points out...

"In terms of energy savings, Downing said, Wolff's and other studies are no longer in much dispute: It's clear that DST doesn't save energy in the big picture.

Part of the story that is often ignored, he added, is the energy required to get people from place to place—gasoline. In fact the petroleum and automobile industries have always been huge supporters of DST, Downing said.

"When you give Americans more light at the end of the day, they really do want to get out of the house. And they go to ballparks, or to the mall and other places, but they don't walk there. Daylight saving reliably increases the amount of driving that Americans do, and gasoline consumption tracks up with daylight saving.""

I thought that was pretty funny. Then i looked beside me and i have two clocks next to each other with one on standard time and one on daylight savings time.

indiandstime.jpg

Latest posts

Back