Re: Pictures on Threads or Answering Threads

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WishingWell

Reaction score
Ok, I got it down how to put a picture in a private message. I save my PM to draft and then copy the picture from Photobucket and go to drafts, paste it and then send the message.

How do I put a picture in a post to someone's thread? Can't figure that one out.

Thanks in advance.

There's a few ways you can do that. :D Pretty much the same way as posting them in PM's.

You can use the attachment option that's just under the reply window when posting a new reply (that's when you have to actually click the "new reply" button). With that you can upload straight from your computer.

Another, more complicated way is to use the Insert Image button, the one with what looks like mountains and an orange sun. That will give you a pop up window where you can copy past an image URL link. That's if you are hotlinking from another site, some don't like that and will have that blocked.

OR you can use Photobucket (or other image hosting sites) and copy/paste the link that has before and after it.

The easiest way is the first option and upload it as an attachment.

Sci-Fi said:
There's a few ways you can do that. :D Pretty much the same way as posting them in PM's.

You can use the attachment option that's just under the reply window when posting a new reply (that's when you have to actually click the "new reply" button). With that you can upload straight from your computer.

Another, more complicated way is to use the Insert Image button, the one with what looks like mountains and an orange sun. That will give you a pop up window where you can copy past an image URL link. That's if you are hotlinking from another site, some don't like that and will have that blocked.

OR you can use Photobucket (or other image hosting sites) and copy/paste the link that has before and after it.

[/quote]

If there is no picture here, that means I am doing it wrong!

[hr]
Let's try again....

[ATTACH=full]2[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• tybear.gif
    tybear.gif
    77.7 KB · Views: 3
  • Thank you.gif
    Thank you.gif
    33.1 KB · Views: 45
WishingWell said:
Sci-Fi said:

[/quote]

If there is no picture here, that means I am doing it wrong!

[hr]
Let's try again....

[/quote]

i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k513/Lifelover1957/smiley-happy093.gif[hr]
Sci-Fi

I have tried everything I could think of and it still doesn't work...what the heck am I doing wrong?

You did that right, that's how attachments post. They create a link, which is good for large pictures or if you are posting a lot of images in one thread. Large or "pic whoring" can really slow down the loading of a page.

Now when you click on one of the images you posted we can take this even further. I'm going to try to add screen shots here. For this purpose I right clicked on the link for the image and opened it in a new tab. To get your image to appear in a post you will need to use the "Insert Image" button, which is along the top right of your reply window, it's the picture with the mountains and orange sun. When you click on that it will open a new window, but first we need you image. So using what you have here this is what you do. Right click on the blue text of the image which opens a new tab and click on "Open in NEW TAB" not new window not a big deal but it's easier to work with tabs. Once you're image is open you'll have this.

aky042.jpg

What we want is the image URL address for this part. All you need to do is copy the address, normally when you click on the address it highlights itself so you just right click and click copy. Then go back to your message and click on that "Insert Image" button. Then you'll get this.

2h74buw.jpg

You can see in the image that the button I'm talking about in now in a blue highlighted box. Now the one thing you have to make sure is that you get rid of the http:// that is already there, if you keep it this won't work right. You can do this two ways. Once the window is open you can hold down Ctrl (control key) and the V key together and it will paste the address exactly how you need it, or you can right click and then click paste. Once your address is pasted click the "Okay" button and you should have code that has something like this your link then [/ img] (without the spaces I just did that so it would show up here.) And then post and you should have your image, like I have here below.

[img]http://www.alonelylife.com/attachment.php?aid=1322

And there you go. Now this method works great for getting any image, since all images have a url link. There's different ways of getting them, some sites will have certain things blocked because they don't like hotlinking.

If you use an image hosting site like Photobucket or Tinypic (which I used here) it will supply you with the links you need for posting images directing into your posts without having to do all this. :D They usually give you 4 different links to use depending on the coding a site has for images. Normally you can use the [img] links on almost any site. It looks kind of like this.

[IMG]http://i51.tinypic.com/of7tkp.jpg

Hope that helps you and anyone else wondering just how to use these functions.

Responded :D

With Photobucket they give you like 4 links to pick from but the only one you need for here is the one that has
after it too that you need.

smiley-happy093.gif

LOL it worked. Okay this is what I did here, a bit of programming language here. I copied your link, I noticed that the http:// was missing so I added that, as well as the
with your link where "and" is no spaces.

Just don't pull your hair out, it can be very confusing at first.

If you quote my post with all the images you will see all the links as text. Sometimes it's good to see other peoples work.

Sci-Fi said:

With Photobucket they give you like 4 links to pick from but the only one you need for here is the one that has

smiley-happy093.gif

LOL it worked. Okay this is what I did here, a bit of programming language here. I copied your link, I noticed that the http:// was missing so I added that, as well as the

If you quote my post with all the images you will see all the links as text. Sometimes it's good to see other peoples work.

Sci-Fi

This seems to be getting more confusing as I do it. Anyone viewing this link must think I am a total idiot...Here goes another time!

smiley-happy093.gif

WishingWell said:
Sci-Fi said:

smiley-happy093.gif

Sci-Fi

This seems to be getting more confusing as I do it. Anyone viewing this link must think I am a total idiot...Here goes another time!

smiley-happy093.gif

Sci-Fi,

I finally did it!!! However, I did it in a different way than you told me...but it works so I don't care. I'll explain it in a PM when I get the time! You certainly have a lot of patience!!! :D

neverwakeup-title2.jpg

Latest posts

Back