Realplayer Sucks and Sparkoffice is Crap

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phaedron

Reaction score
So I came across this free office program that looks very similar to Microsoft Word. http://www.sparkofficesuite.com/word/

From what it says it seems like it would be worth be a shot for the PC in the living room. But when you download it, it gives you a bunch of toolbars stuff to decline (as most programs do) then it wants to install realplayer.

I of course clicked cancel, who the heck uses Realplayer over VLC? Then it pulls up an internet window to Realplayer saying "you have canceled your installation" no freakin honeysuckle. After that, the office program, still 75% through installing, again begins to install realplayer. So this time I let it install, annoyed and fully planning to uninstall it afterwards.

Well thats it. There was no office program, just plain old crappy nobody wants so they have to force it down your throat getrealplayer. So that was the end of that. And the whole experience took over an hour because the PC in the living room is a piece of honeysuckle with windows XP.

Why don't you just use openoffice or google docs? And foobar2000 > vlc nowadays too =P

Sounds like you found some crappy software though ><

haha yeah. Maybe I'll check it out. Im not entirely happy with the latest VLC which completely messed up the goom animation. And Windows media player has gone downhill since version 9, the vista version being the last one I can stand using. But I'm satisfied with the playlists and interface. ALL of the other media players I've ever used have had something fancy or basic that really doesn't do what I needed it to for. Wmplayer 9 would still be my favorite for music.

yeah openoffice will suffice. I was actually looking to replace word for another pc for someone else when I found that crappy conjob site posing as word. We recently got a new pc and moved the old one, but I was trying to see if there was a way I could keep some of the same programs. At least openoffice will load the files and without any formatting errors or the like.

RealPlayer is a piece of junk.

OpenOffice is the way to go for an Office replacement product.

Libreoffice is the replacement to openoffice. ;)

Also... realplayer? Really? welcome to 1995 where the rest of the internet found out it was honeysuckle. :D

I've known it was crap for quite some time, the thread was about my looking for an office program and being pissed because all I got was realplayer.

OpenOffice is the best recommendation. Since you get nothing of the "ews" and more of the "oooh" :p

and VLC is the best player (unless you have some really weird off file extention and codec's that even VLC doesn't know)

I never liked VLC very much, especially when using CoreAVC. My current favorite so far is KM player, but it requires a lot of tweaking to get working right. Media player classic is my current second fav.

Latest posts

Back