Rejection Phone Numbers

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sk66rc

Reaction score
I didn't know where to post this & more I thought about it, more I thought it was funny so I've decided to post it here...

Apparently, there's a "rejection" phone number out there... I've always heard about it but never really paid any attention to it till now... Friend of mine was telling me a story about his friend that was given this number... There's few numbers for different states... Some are just plain recording saying that you've been rejected... One for the PA said you just won a free trip & hold on for the next rep... I started thinking, has anyone give out the "rejection" number or was given one? I'm not trying to bring up a bad memory for anyone but I thought it was mildly amusing so I figured I'd ask...[/font]

Haha, that's actually pretty funny.

No, I can't say that I've either given or received a "rejection message" phone number. :p

No, never heard of such a thing. That is kind of funny in a way, reminds me of an episode of The Simpson's where Homer hires himself up as a break up guy and does it in amusing fashions.

Yeah... Look up "rejection numbers" on google... I think they have numbers for different countries, too...

There used to be something called the "flirt divert" number in the UK from radio shows I heard when I was back in my teens. I think they had to shut it down as unused numbers without topping up would get disconnected. The idea was if someone tried to chat you up that you didn't like, you'd give them this number and say you had to go.

I've never understood this. It seemed cruel to me. Like you're mocking the person who had the courage to try and make a move on you. A bit too disrespectful for my tastes.

Sci-Fi said:
That is kind of funny in a way, reminds me of an episode of The Simpson's where Homer hires himself up as a break up guy and does it in amusing fashions.

It reminds me of the episode of "Seinfeld" where Elaine gives out a standard fake number that spells "NO ELAIN".

There was a guy on the bus once (about 8 years ago) who asked for my number. I gave it to him (the real one) despite that he was coming on waaay too strong. He then proceeded to question whether it was real, multiple times, and demanded to see my license as proof that I had given him my real name. I refused to show him.

I told him my stop had arrived, and he seemed suspicious. He followed me off the bus and insisted on walking home with me to determine whether or not I was lying. I was flustered and didn't know how to get rid of him, so I just walked as fast as I could. When I got to the steps of my house I said it was my house and bade him good day, but he again did not believe me, and wasn't satisfied until I actually unlocked the door and stepped inside. I believe he even asked if he could come inside, which I flatly refused.

Probably could've handled it better, but that's the only time I was ever asked for my number and I had no idea how to reject someone. I did say "I don't think so," twice, when he asked if he could take me out, twice (actually I think he asked about 4 or 5 times during the encounter). After a certain point he was frightening me, and I just wanted to get away from him as quickly as possible.

I ignored his call, and I don't feel too bad about it.

Solivagant said:
There was a guy on the bus once (about 8 years ago) who asked for my number. I gave it to him (the real one) despite that he was coming on waaay too strong. He then proceeded to question whether it was real, multiple times, and demanded to see my license as proof that I had given him my real name. I refused to show him.

I told him my stop had arrived, and he seemed suspicious. He followed me off the bus and insisted on walking home with me to determine whether or not I was lying. I was flustered and didn't know how to get rid of him, so I just walked as fast as I could. When I got to the steps of my house I said it was my house and bade him good day, but he again did not believe me, and wasn't satisfied until I actually unlocked the door and stepped inside. I believe he even asked if he could come inside, which I flatly refused.

Probably could've handled it better, but that's the only time I was ever asked for my number and I had no idea how to reject someone. I did say "I don't think so," twice, when he asked if he could take me out, twice (actually I think he asked about 4 or 5 times during the encounter). After a certain point he was frightening me, and I just wanted to get away from him as quickly as possible.

That is the most demented encounter I have ever heard. You would have been justified in kicking this guy in the nuts and tazering him in my book.

Solivagant said:
Sci-Fi said:
That is kind of funny in a way, reminds me of an episode of The Simpson's where Homer hires himself up as a break up guy and does it in amusing fashions.

It reminds me of the episode of "Seinfeld" where Elaine gives out a standard fake number that spells "NO ELAIN".

I would've walk up to a police station & ask him, "Would you like to follow me in? I'm sure there are few people in here that are more than happy to talk to you & if you'd like, they'll even let you stay in one of their room..."

Latest posts

Back