Relationship under educated

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petenana

Reaction score
I havent been in a relationship in so long... well not even in a serious relationship. I feel like if i ever get into a relationship I would know what to do.. :/

I really want to have a relationship but i feel like i will fail pretty quick cause i have no relationship experience..

Im 22 and feel like I have the dating experience/ talking to girl experience of an 11 year old :(

Here's my advice, first find a girl you're interested
in. Talk to her about her, compliment her on reading a good book or whatever the hell the chick is interested in. Of course, act interested when she talks about herself and ask to further discuss it over coffee. Blah blah.

You've got her reeled in now, right? Of course. If coffee went well tell her you had a great time and that you'd like to see her again. At this point, she'll be in live
with you (or at least thinking about you.)

and you're dating. Really, I think it dependa on your personality and her personality. I think I just wrote an opening to a cheesy dating book. Could you specify on what you need
help on?

:)

The only way to get experience is to live and get experience. The more you attempt to talk to a girl, the more experience you'll have with talking to girls. The more you date, the more experience you'll have with dating. Practice makes perfect. Or at least good enough :)

It seems like everytime i talk to a girl it goes nowhere... just boring small talk.. I dont know how to progress..

Ask her about herself, find out what her interests are and then talk about the ones you have in common. Or ask more information about something you don't have in common. For example: If she's into knitting and you've never knitted before, ask her what kinds of things does she knit, does it take long to knit a scarf.. or whatever. Girls like to talk about themselves :p

I also, need to get out more. Where are the best places to meet woman?

I just dont get why I cant have the confidence to talk to chicks.. Im a decent looking dude.. There are far uglier guys that have tons of success..

I need to start hanging out on campus more.. I just dont have tons of time cause of work..

Also, I think im am a little shallow, which i shouldnt be. I only look at girls as if i would like to date them or not, and I only look for 8,9 and 10's. The girls I always tell myself I have no shot with.. I would love to start talking to everyone and anyone to make a big social circle cause stats say meeting people is easier when you have a big social circle. Currently my social circle is like 2 people..

alonewanderer said:
Nothing wrong with having standards, maintaining a big social circle is alot of work though.

Well im not saying huge social circle but definitely one larger than my current one. It will be worth the work. Easier said than done, I went through 4 years of college without making really any frriends outside my circle which can prolly directly relate to my unsuccessful life with girls..

I have met the best folks while just sitting on a bench somewhere sketching. I've met interesting folks at the library and coffee-shops too Almost anywhere there are people, you can meet and begin a conversation with them. A good friend of mine met her current boyfriend in the laundramat. He didn't know how to use the machine and she showed him... Love was born while pouring in the Tide! Dog walking also draws folks to you. At least a few times a week folks start talking to me about my dogs. Dog parks are great too. I met my hubs when I was 20 and took my first martial arts class. He was the teacher.... Never discount multi-tasking! Learn to do a mean kick and pick up a hubs at the same time. :D

alonewanderer said...
"Restaurants usually have nice future exwife candidates for me."
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
:D :D :D

alonewanderer said:
Where do you work at? It's pretty easy to parade around with a group of girls that you work with, they'll always need the pseudo boyfriend to ward off possible creepers. It's so easy meeting women at work depending on where you work and your job. Restaurants usually have nice future exwife candidates for me.

I work at a hotel as a valet with all guys.. Any customers that I have are all out of towners..

lol yeah i need to start smiling more.. I dont really smile that often. Maybe thats why i dont seem approachable. because i guess i look mad or something lol

Maybe I dont smile because I dont like my smile..

I have no problem smiling during a conversation, its the whole before i start talking.. walking around campus looking like a creeper or something instead of friendly lol

Why do you look like a creeper? o.o

I doubt anyone thinks that of you, unless they've told you that before.

lol idk i guess i dont look creeper.. just i guess i dont look friendly enough to talk to..

i just need to hit up places and try... I would say the reason i never succeed is because I dont try..

On the other hand.. I am still pretty lame lol

Latest posts

Back