Remembering my grandfather's advice.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dreamer8

Reaction score
My grandfather died when I was about 12. Some of the memories faded,some of what he said has faded from my memory...but one thing just kind of came back to me that I can truely appreciate.

He always told me to be thankful for everything,I think sometimes when I'm depressed,I lose sight of what I'm able to do as opposed to what I'm not.

He told me,"Be thankful that you can wake up in the morning,because others won't."
"Be thankful that you can see,because others can't."
"Be thankful that you can walk and talk,because some people are in wheelchairs and cannot speak."

It doesn't mean that the emotional storm in my head is any less prevalent,but sometimes I take that advice my grandfather gave me,and for the simple things I can do,I'm thankful for because I can be alive one day and gone the next.

yeah that is why I can say it was another good day even I do nothing but walking around the street alone or eat alone in day time.
thank you for remind me this :D.
cheers

It's good to remember the lessons of those who are no longer with us. They often give us pearls of wisdom we should hold onto & cherish. :)

Latest posts

Back