Resenting people around you (even close family and friends) just for being in happy

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CAS

Reaction score
relationships.

Sometimes I even resent my own parents for having such a good, long lasting marriage.

After I have these thoughts I always feel so guilty, but I have little or no control over the thoughts in my head.

Jealousy is all. I constantly think that hey, most of the older generations met their wives/husbands during their teens. am I too late? I think everyone in this kind of situation must think about it.

as much as i am tired of you feeling down all the time and beating yourself up too much, i think your threads speak the truth, somewhat by reflecting the way i feel most of the time.

i resent my parents for more than that and everyone who's in love. i try not to by telling myself that they are beautiful couple, and that it's good they find each other........ and i think God punish me more everyday for hating parents and other people

but after what i saw today, (i am still trying to figure out how to deal with the sight). that jerk in my job place whom i've listened talk some really nasty things to and about girls, is dating that hot girl that just.. just started working in the mall. i saw them kissing. and everyone is all over her because of the fact that she's a skunk hrrrrrr, i don't know what's a good word. and i almost had a crush on the guy.

i am so mad i want to hurt something

CAS said:
relationships.

Sometimes I even resent my own parents for having such a good, long lasting marriage.

After I have these thoughts I always feel so guilty, but I have little or no control over the thoughts in my head.

There's a letting go program call the Sedona Methdoe.
As you stated...I don't have control of whatever the hell thoughts that pops into my mind either.
In the past I'd tried to figure the honeysuckle out..Mostly about my ex-gf becuase I was very resentful at her.
She was a phyco ***** and did a lot of things that was totally wrong and why Jenni had to died.

However it didn't mattered if it was right, wrong, unfair, justified or indifference.
The BS just went round and round in my head...once I started wanting figure the honeysuckle out..it was like I was
suffering and hurting myself...Especailly Jenni's passing becuase no matter what sernario my mind came up with
it was still very painful and my mind also sometimes gose into obession mode becuase nothing in my mind could resovled
it..Why ?...why?..why?...
I'd get thoughts of her randomly..throughout my days...then I would break down cry, get angery. Every up setting.
If i run with those thoughts long enough...I'll just go into a state of depression and feel really, really like honeysuckle...then more fresia up
thoughts ...so on and so forth.

Anyways..it works with guiilt, fears, shame, jealousy, grieving...
It dosn't go into moral vaules, judgements, comparing, competing...
Basically...all of that stuff keeps you in the cycle of thinking....thinking thinking...this is good ..that's bad.

It just takes practice...no praying....no forgivness..no I'm right , you're wrong.

Just LET GO...it's so simple , it's mind blowing.

When ever i catch myself running with thoughts that are very upsetting to me...I just remind myself to let go and don't figure the honeysuckle out.
Then I'm in a state of peace again... basically when I'm in a state of peace..I don't react as much.
Plus I'm not wasting my time and energy (being dyfucntional) on up setting honeysuckle that's not going to matter oneway or the other anyways..
Jenni is not going to came back from the dead no matter what I think, say, or do.

No, I cant really say I resent people who are in happy relationships. I certainly wish I could be like them. I envy their situation, but its not their fault I'm socially inadequate.

Now if its a guy with a girl that I like then I might feel alittle different.:D

I'm probably in the minority but I resent people who seem happy with a lot less than what I want, if that makes any sense. My sister is perfectly content being an overweight slob wasting her days away in front of a television. My dad is a cheery ******* even though he has a mundane job, a less than envious relationship with my mom, and spends his freetime drinking beer or smoking pot. The girl I have been obsessed over is okay with avoiding a potential relationship/friendship with me even though she has no social life. Maybe it's my depression making me feel this way but they seem to be just fine without the things that I desperately want... romance, excitement, a deviation from routine, etc... and it pisses me off more than anything.

I don't know about resenting but the relationship with my sister and her husband really makes me want to say WTF. They have fights yell at their kids spoil them in not a good way and are even in debt and are happy toghther huh. Now my five year relationship with my ex complete opposite to me. All I'v ever been looking for is love to get married and have kids and found myself in a very loving relationship that on Valentine's Day. I was going to pop the question yet. My relationship ended in coming out of rough times when I've felt always felt I wasn't going to give up and run away . When I could've . But she did ,cheated a online relationship for understanding , not sex . Chose to pursue that then to work things out And I don't understand how the relationship between my sister and him have lasted just to me seems totally f'ed up , I am left alone , where my sister, her husband, and my ex never been on their own in their lives independently , when I have and is again . They've always had somebody leading into the next. I'm the the one left alone and knows what loneliness is and they never will and that's what really sucks I don't deserve this but these people do. But it comes to I'M the one alone.

When I got sick, I was VERY resentful that other people got to have simple lives and got to have jobs and social lives and fun and I couldn't. I'm learning now though that happiness doesn't have a whole lot to do with a person's circumstances in life, but I admit to secretly hating people who got to do what I can't.

When I got dumped by my husband, oddly enough, I wasn't resentful of people in relationships. Mainly because noone really seemed all that happy. What I saw instead was a lot of denial and a lot of repression. Either the wife is giving up her personality to keep the husband happy, or the husband disappears into the background so the wife can run the show. I strove for equality in my marriage, but really I was just giving up a lot of who I was so as not to rock my husband's very fragile boat. I'm sure that there are good relationships out there, and often I do envy certain parts of people's relationships, but I can't be envious of people just because they're in a relationship.

Latest posts

Back