Reversion

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheUnknown

Reaction score
Hey everybody, hope your all doing well.

I wanted to post something here and see if I'm the only person that really struggles with this issue.

Well here it goes, I always used to be a very shy and insecure person with women. In 2008 I finally ended up on the dating scene and had a relationship for a little under a year. For about a year after that, It was like I held on the key that helped me talk to women and get them interested in me. Of course no one since would date me, but I had a few close calls. After 2009 though... all luck just stopped.

I went away for school after that and really had minimal contact with women in my time away. I graduate in a month and plan on returning home for a fresh start. I have noticed though, that every time I see a woman I'm very attracted too - I revert back into who I was before I dated.

I find myself horribly shy and just sometimes awkwardly staring at a woman, then just feeling depressed about them not being interested in me. (and how would I know that?)

Don't get me wrong, I can still talk to women but it's almost like I no longer give off that vibe that attracts them, and I start to get really nervous inside.

Is this just me? is this even normal? If anyone has been in this situation before, please tell me what you did to get out? It's a bit depressing that I'm not past problems like this - as a man.

It's a defense...it seems like you've had bad experiences with opening up to women you date, or want to date, so naturally...you're cautious.
I have this problem. It's a mix between not wanting to be blown off and doubting yourself...I do this as well.

Honestly bro, half the battle is how you think about it. You have to make a concious decision to put yourself in danger of being told no, I don't like you, in order to break free. It's hard bro but it's the only way, unless you choose to stay single like me. Trust me it's lonely.
Hope you figure this out man.

Yea it's normal, if I don't have a woman to talk with I have trouble finding anyone. The more women I have on my "team" or harem, the more of that confidence seems to leak out to other women. If I'm all alone...I tend to stay that way, then all my confidence seeps into nothing.

tl;dr , if I have a girl I can get more, more girls =even more girls

Breakups= a couple random 1 night stands

Staying single for too long= loneliness and depression followed by self esteem issues

you lost some confidents i gues and therefore your "vibe".
people pick up on than, prob not even knowingly.
faking it will onely get you so far.
if you could hold on to the feeling you had when you were in a relationship you prob wouldnt have any problems.
just dont ask me how to do that :p

i can get a smile or 2 from a pretty girl on a good day, without knowing what i did to deserve that.
on a bad day no mather how hard i try, its not gonne happen.

you need to get your mojo back dude. (gotto love Austin Powers :p )

it would be depressing if you didnt feel like that ones in a while at least.
than youd prob be a politician or a hy powerd biznes man.
those people ar the sick ones.
how big does your ego have to be to make you think you can run an intire country :p

Haha, interesting point Paulo brought up but I think that explains how my luck with ladies goes. Leggo my ego :)

Makes so much sense now, too bad my ego is tiny and possibly nonexistent right now.

Latest posts

Back