Roaches

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theglasscell

Reaction score
I found a roach in my kitchen after not seeing one since last October.

They really freak me out.

Last time this happened it took me almost a month before I could make food in my kitchen and I kept eating out or ordering take out.

I get so freaked out I will throw out everything in my kitchen unless it's canned.

Does anyone else get really freaked out by roaches?

I had the sink stoppered up and some pots were soaking in the sink and I'd put bleach in the water with the soap. When I was draining it this morning I found a big dead roach floating in it.

Now I know that even after I wash them all I am going to feel like every dish or pot that was in that water is tainted by the roach.

They are so gross. I hate them.

No other bug bothers me. I used to pick up ants and play with them and let them crawl on my finger, and I don't mind spiders. But just the sight of a roach makes me gag and sends a chill running through me.

I find them repulsive as well. I don't think that you are in any way unusual in the depths of your feeling for them as many people also dislike them a lot. I remember once I was in the shower in the former Soviet Union and a roach crawled up through the open drain in the middle of the bathroom floor and stood there looking at me. I stayed in the shower for 45 mins till it went back down the drain rather than get out of the shower and risk putting a bare foot on it.

I wouldn't LIKE one in my kitchen, but roaches don't really bother me; I wouldn't be embarrassed about that or anything, everyone's afraid of something.

It's understandable you think somethings contaminated by something you find revolting.

If you can't beat em' eat em'!

I really wanted to post a photo, but that just seemed to mean. I think I actually feel guilty just for considering it.

Ok confession time: I am fine with just about any insect, but I can't stand earwigs! I have audibly screamed at the sight of one before.

Mix powdered sugar & borax together thoroughly. Try to figure out just where the roaches are coming from: Cracks in the walls? From outside? Once you have a sense of where they travel, sprinkle the sugar/borax mix along the trails. That should do it. Or you can buy some Roach Motels & put a few in the corners of your kitchen. Or do both if you're that paranoid.

Well, poor roaches :\ for being looked down upon. It is their way of life.. to be like that.. just the way nature is.

That said... I am afraid of roaches.. like seriously. It's like a phobia. Sometimes I can just sense they're around. But I wouldn't say it's their fault or anything.. it's just my fear of them. :\

There's smaller garden roaches or larger nastier varieties that can infest a house.

The former can get in via windows, they're not necessarily an indication of a major lack of cleanliness, although they are attracted by decay (rotting fruit etc)

They're disgusting... just the horrible brown colour of them. I spent an entire Saturday a couple of months ago cleaning the kitchen top to bottom because of a 1 cm roach..yuck... you're not alone in that reaction.

They are just waiting. They will still be there when we all have been gone. Either with a whimper, or with a bang. The roaches will make it! :)

Yea, roaches are awful. When I lived up north, they mostly lived in rough areas and/ or with people who weren't very good at housekeeping. In Florida, they're everywhere. I was driving down the highway with my window open and one flew in through my window. It landed on my face. I was so startled and freaked out, I swerved and almost hit somebody. Ugh. Some people will call them, "palmetto bugs" but that's just a cute nickname because nobody really wants to say there are roaches.

I used to get them when I lived in the city, and they had some big flying roaches in south Texas (eewww). I haven't seen a single one in the small town I live in now though, thankfully.

I haven't seen any big ones since that day I found that one floating in my sink full of bleach.

I had friends coming over for the first time the other day to watch a movie so I spent about 5 hours cleaning my apartment thoroughly and every inch of the kitchen.

Then I put roach baits down.

Today the exterminator for my building did the monthly spraying, so that should take care of any roaches.

I am making a point to do my dishes as soon as I finish eating, instead of letting them pile up.

You can't ever be totally sure, but it feels better to be really on top of it.

I did read that coffee attracts roaches more than most other things, so getting up coffee grinds is important.

Latest posts

Back