Romance

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Polar

Reaction score
I'm a romantic sucker myself at times, I occasionally love sappy romance.
so I'm interested in the romantic experiences of the more romantic souls of ALL. Maybe we can steal sappy ideas from one another :p

Here are my most memorable moments:

3) I had known this girl for a while on the net, mostly friendly but we very close. Anyway we coincidentally end up going on holiday to the same island (Corfu). So when we found out about that we decided to make use of the opportunity and spend some days together. When we met it just clicked right away. Our resorts were still about 20 miles apart though, so we decided for one of us to come stay at the other's place. She came over to my hotel. Of course she wasn't signed in there so the whole ordeal was illicit. As a result I had to sneak her in and out every time and watch out for any patrols. We spent the following nights together mostly talking and making out. We went skinny dipping in the sea once as well :cool:. Turned out to be an amazing holiday.

2) Once again on a holiday (Krete this time) I had met a girl and by god was she pretty :eek: I didn't even think someone like her could be interested in someone like me. Every time she came by I had trouble turning my eyes away from her and eventually she picked up on that. It evolved into a typical summer romance. We spent the entire vacation doing all kinds of things together. The swimming pools of the resorts however kept closing very early. So the last night we were there, we decided to sneak in a peculiar resort and have a swim one last time around midnight. A guard noticed us however and came running down to us screaming all sorts of Greek insults. We were quick to run away but this guy was determined to catch us so he kept chasing us for at least a mile. We ran towards the beach as there was no lighting there and we could perhaps find an opportunity disappear into the night. That worked, the guard had given up on chasing us. After that we had put ourselves on a beach chair and simply spent the rest of the night looking at the stars, telling each other how much we wished the night would never end. I had almost missed my plane back home the morning after because of that :p resulting in furious parents. We kept seeing each other for another three months or so at home (we didn't live that far apart, 20 miles or so) but then broke up.

1) I took my gf at the time out on a special date. I decided to bring our date to the place where we had met each other for the very first time. It was Christmas time and there was a special market. We went on a ferris wheel where we could overlook the entire city covered in night lights. It was an absolutely stunning view. We spent the evening aimlessly strolling around the market doing silly things and went to an Indian place to eat. Afterwards we broke into a closed park, one of the few places you could be alone at at the time as the city was incredibly packed because of the christmas market. (I just realize that all my romantic moments included some type of trespassing...).

Anyway we put ourselves under a tree near a lake. I laid down a blanket and had brought tealights for the occasion. It were "200" of them and I had lit them ALL. (That took me some time as well...). The tealights were all lit up in a gigantic circle around us, it looked truly amazing. We kept close because it was incredibly cold. We talked a bit, and I remember us seeing a couple of wild bunnies running carefully past us (darn cute that was...). I also had brought a special strain of marijuana from an earlier Amsterdam visit. Oh yes, young, weedy pot romance!

Finally I gave her one of the most personal presents that I have ever given someone in my life (not going to elaborate on that as it is, well... personal and complicated). That brought tears to her eyes. After that we kissed one last time and each went our own ways. A few days later we broke up. (Completely that is, as we hadn't been a 'real' couple any more long before that). That Christmas wasn't my best one no...

I suppose those memories are some of my most important ones :) if you have had such experiences yourself, feel free to share.

ive kinda givn up on romance
if i typed all the romantic things ive dun 4 ppl here?
it would take the site dwn
LoL
needless 2 say?
i seldom trubl myself nemore as no1 evr seems 2 appreci8 it
in fact 1 of the most romantic things ive evr dun 4 sum1?
was thrown back in my face
thats basically when i stoppd doing it all
ppl r so UNromantic
:(

I don't really go for those huge expressions of romance. I like to keep it simple and random. Like seeing something in a store you'd figure your s/o would like and buying it for them, or buying some flowers just because you know they will brighten her day. Heck once I made a mixed CD of inspirational and motivation songs for someone I cared about that was going through a rough time in her life. Just giving her the CD almost made her cry, and after listening to it she messaged me saying how much better it made her feel, and how she loved every single song. To me it's doing the little things instead of huge gestures. I like it when something as simple as a small gesture of love and caring can create such an impact on a person.

A four hour lie in, in a lovely hotel room on a Friday afternoon while other people had to work. Being played beautiful songs on his mp3 while we share the headphones and kiss in each others arms with teary eyes.

But that was a long time ago now.

Wow Polar, that stuff sounds really fun!

I'm kind of a pansy, I think I would have got nervous about all the trespassing, but good for you :D

TheSolitaryMan said:
Wow Polar, that stuff sounds really fun!

I'm kind of a pansy, I think I would have got nervous about all the trespassing, but good for you :D

Oi, trust me I was nervous about it as well. Especially the 2nd story. But then if I look back at them, I'm really happy I did those things :p Which reminds me , I have another rather fun story including trespassing:rolleyes: ... non-romantic but stilll... absolutely amazing night:cool:

Equinox said:
I got nothin'. (d)

Someone needs to do something about that ;)

Latest posts

Back