Ever won anything?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
When I was like 10 years old I won a novel for guessing the right number of jellybeans in a large jar.

In 2019 I won a $10k raffle where I chose the travel option and took my family on a holiday to Thailand before covid put a halt to travelling. There was the option to chose power tools or motorcycle accessories (I had a Triumph Speedmaster at the time) but I thought I’d better not be selfish. We had a really nice time. It did cost us an extra $3k, so really you could say the win was a bill, but the experience was worth it.

I’ve spent far more on gambling and lotteries than I’ve ever won and I’m not even a big gambler.

Have you ever won anything?

I won a $10k raffle where I chose the travel option and took my family on a holiday to Thailand before covid put a halt to travelling
wow! very nice! Which part of Thailand if you don't mind me asking?

Have you ever won anything?
I have no luck in raffles but I have won some art competitions back in high school nothing fancy. Top 5 though not first place.

I won 100 bucks off a scratch ticket ONCE.
Nothing ever again

I figure my luck will change sooner or later.

I won 100 bucks off a scratch ticket ONCE.
Nothing ever again

I figure my luck will change sooner or later.
My mother (who loves her lotto and scratchies) is always trying to buy me scratchies, but I adamantly decline due to being totally unlucky with those, plus they’re a scam anyway. The major prize may have been won already but they keep selling them, which I think is false advertising.

My mother (who loves her lotto and scratchies) is always trying to buy me scratchies, but I adamantly decline due to being totally unlucky with those, plus they’re a scam anyway. The major prize may have been won already but they keep selling them, which I think is false advertising.
I never buy those, once every several years maybe. I'll buy one five dollar lottery ticket a week, that's it. Of course, got better odds of being struck by lightning on a clear day 😆

I tried to win a 1979 Trans Am a few years ago, when a grocery chain around here was having a raffle.
It was a real beauty, black with gold pinstriping and the huge gold screaming chicken on the hood.
It had a leather interior, and t-tops - can't remember if it was manual or automatic, but it was cool either way.
All you had to do was buy a tray of cupcakes and fill out an online form, which I did.
Unfortunately, no dice :( but it was worth it to try. Man, I would have loved that thing! 😁 Oh well.

@Richard_39 have you ever noticed that one can seem to beat the extraordinary odds of negative things occurring but not so much the positive things? I have become very aware of such things. One simple little example - I can ride my bike in a very isolated area with no traffic and yet, when I’m approaching an intersection in the middle of nowhere (where I can’t see oncoming vehicles until the last moment) I’ll be damned if don’t have to stop and give way to a car that is suddenly approaching the intersection. 😂

I tried to win a 1979 Trans Am a few years ago, when a grocery chain around here was having a raffle.
Back in the late 80’s I managed to get down to the final round of two keys that might unlock a VW beetle. The other person won.

@Richard_39 have you ever noticed that one can seem to beat the extraordinary odds of negative things occurring but not so much the positive things? I have become very aware of such things. One simple little example - I can ride my bike in a very isolated area with no traffic and yet, when I’m approaching an intersection in the middle of nowhere (where I can’t see oncoming vehicles until the last moment) I’ll be damned if don’t have to stop and give way to a car that is suddenly approaching the intersection. 😂

Back in the late 80’s I managed to get down to the final round of two keys that might unlock a VW beetle. The other person won.
Not sure that I have. Younger, I used to have very good luck. Ever since my early 30's however, I seem to have become a honeysuckle magnet. I try not to leave too many things to chance anymore.
Too used to something or another blowing up in my face.

Nothing massive, like millions on the 6-49 or anything like that. Just little wins - $100 here, $50 there. I once won a rubber-ducky-down-the-river race - first place! Prize was a chartered fishing trip - since my hubby is a fisherman, he went with his friends while I stayed home and took care of our kid. . .fun, eh? My consolation prize was the halibut they caught and bought home. :unsure: :rolleyes: (hmmm. . .am I still little pissed about that after all these years? Yeah. . . might be:LOL:)

I was fortunate to win three times with the Premium bonds. £25 each time.
That was a nice surprise. :)

Then prior to that when I was at school 2 final raffle tickets were offered out to be sold. I bought those with my tuck shop spends. :) I won the top prize with one of them of toiletries, soap, sponge, lotion etc. :)

Nothing massive, like millions on the 6-49 or anything like that. Just little wins - $100 here, $50 there. I once won a rubber-ducky-down-the-river race - first place! Prize was a chartered fishing trip - since my hubby is a fisherman, he went with his friends while I stayed home and took care of our kid. . .fun, eh? My consolation prize was the halibut they caught and bought home. :unsure: :rolleyes: (hmmm. . .am I still little pissed about that after all these years? Yeah. . . might be:LOL:)
You leave the 6/49 alone. It's MY turn. 😜 Lol

At a fish fry buying 5 tickets for a 50/50,that came out good winning big amount of money.A tool cart from the Cornwell tool dealer I deal with this week.Happy with it so far

I hit 5 numbers in NY lotto once.
$1700.
6 numbers would have gotten me $13M

EDIT:
Oh...and I caught the largest fish on a charter boat once.
$50...and the fish...It was a Blackfish. I steamed it on a bed of julienned carrots, onions and celery. It was good.

Latest posts

Back