Rules on learning to fly/Surviving life

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaperDuck87

Reaction score
[I wrote this for those who need it. It's for when times are tough and you need a boost. I hope you enjoy it.]

1. Be yourself

2. Focus on correcting your mistakes and doing better, not feeling sorry for yourself [or questioning one's ability.] Never doubt yourself. Use it. Gain strength from it!

3. Smile like you mean it. If you don't mean it then don't carry around a fake smile. But show a little courtesy when theres an awesome moment.

4. Love who you are. Then learn to love. Because if you cannot love yourself, how can you love to begin with?
5. If you want something [or someone] really bad. Fight for them. Fight with all your might, and if it leaves your grasp let it go. If it returns, the ball is in your court.

6. Be nice even to those who dislike or hate you for reasons known or unknown. Your enemies could end up being your friends if something devastating or life threatening arises. Keep your friends close and enemies closer.

7. Never be afraid to do something new. Try it and see where it goes. If nothing happens to first time...wait for a while or try again. Until you've succeeded.

8. If you cannot love..you cannot live. Plain and simple. Many people in this world tend to say the words "I Love You" and not mean it. Some say it because they like the "idea" of a relationship and some also say it because they want to get in your pants! Even worst others say it just so their significant other would think they truly mean it this whole time and they really don't. If you cannot truly love or care about someone or something sometime in your life then all points aside you're stone cold, frozen, sub-zero, not living, and not breathing human being. To love is human to hate with disgust and apathy is a cold beast.

9. Never give up on whatever is going on for you in life. You give up on one thing imagine what else you'd give up on this easily.

10. Whoever hurts you in life. Get back up again and either:
- Make Peace
- Fight Back

[I recommend doing it in this order. If Plan A. Doesn't work out. Use Plan B. If Plan B fails...then use Plan X. XD Plan X is totally going Ninja, meaning disappear into the shadows...however you would need training for that so...Plan X is practically an impossible Plan...unless you're a Ninja! ;) ]

-Update: 23.2.11-

11. Do what you feel is necessary. But do it right. No one's going to hold your hand for you. You're accountable for your own actions.

12. The necessary plans you have can be dangerous for you especially if its something you want to do or gain. Chances are if you discuss your personal idea or plan aloud, you've screwed up because careful and strategic planning really is supposed to be a long-term personal plan. People can sometimes ruin it for you. The world has a million eyes and ears on the other side of the door.

13. Friends don't hurt or criticize you. They help, share their opinion, and respect you. Got a supposed friend who is not helpful in anyway? Simply walk away. It sounds cold but whats better? A person claiming to be your friend while trying to bring you down everyway possible or a friend who will understand, respect, and help you anyway they can? I hope you choose the latter.

14. Do something that scares you so that you can be a bit fearless in life. Just don't become a daredevil---a person without fear. Because a person without fear is a person without hope, and we as human beings all need hope in this life.

15. Don't abandon God. If anyone says there is no God then they're ignorant. Why? Because the absensce of evidence is not the evidence of absensce. It's called faith for a reason. Everything lives through faith in something or someone.

16. Forget yesterday and never live in the moment! Live as if tomorrow was your last but live it as humanly and honestly as possible. One day you'll be rewarded. Half of the reward is being alive on earth, with people who care about you, and seeing the sun, the moon, and the stars all of the days in your life.

17. Never let anyone talk down to you or cut you down to size. You are human. You have feelings. Speak up! And if they don't like it...then tough titties.

18. Your opinion counts for something. Your tongue is like a sword. Use it to speak the truth and speak openly about how you feel about something especially if it's wrong or you disagree but NEVER, EVER talk as if you're better than others because if that was the case then you would be God and you're not him. The human tongue is created for more than just eating food and such. It is also to speak wisely and sharply against those who speak inhumanly, dishonestly, and ignorantly. Life's a battle. Speaking's a part of survival. Use the voice of truth.

19. Misunderstandings. We've all had this happen to us many of times. However, its a part of life. We win some, and we lose some. But we still wake up the next day to live again in he sunlight. If you're totally misunderstood you will feel terrible unless you speak clearly or the person rethinks what was said. Otherwise, you're not going to go through life without being misunderstood once or twice.

20. Think of others once in a while. Alot of people I know aren't like this and they wonder why life sucks. Well when you think of others once in a while and do something nice you will feel better about it and it would end up being a normal thing. It's the right thing to do.

21. [Ok, 16 might sound like a contradiction a bit here] Learn from the past to understand the future. If you're always dating the wrong guy or girl re-evaluate and remember the situation from the first one whom the mistake was made with. Sometimes writing a Pro/Con list works. Then match the list with the person whom you are currently dating or is interested in. Then you'll know if they will be right for you. Otherwise if you don't learn from your own past then your future will be a failure and could end up a Paradox.

...more rules coming soon...

Thx Joseph. I have been following quite a few rules written down. I think all can learn from this.

Ladysphinx said:
Thx Joseph. I have been following quite a few rules written down. I think all can learn from this.

Um..my name isn't Joseph. But thank you for reading! :)

*Blush* Don't know why I thought that. Cant wait to read about some more rules, I always welcome advise/philosophy about life and how to better one self.

Latest posts

Back