Sakura-Con?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ken

Reaction score
So, I've done the anime convention circuit here in Boise for awhile (yes, I know I'm a geek, but I go mostly for the video game stuff) and I decided to do something different and branch out to a bigger con this year. I'm going to Sakura-Con in Seattle this weekend but I'm going completely by myself and I don't know anyone up there.

I'm sure this is a longshot, but is anyone else here going to Sakura-Con? It'd be really nice to have a little company up there.

I'll be dressed as Link!

EveWasFramed said:
Not into anime, but I love Link! :p

That is beyond cool!:p

Are you addressing Link as a figure of nostalgia or do you still keep up to date with his latest exploits?
Just in case the latter applies, I completed "Twilight Princess" about three months ago and enjoyed it so much that I am seriously contemplating hypnotising myself into forgetting the entire experience, so that I can enjoy a repeat playthrough every bit as much as I did the first time around:D

A little of both actually.

This is the first and probably only Link costume I'll do, but it is based on his look from Twilight Princess since he seems the most adult version of Link thus far. Though I've been a fan since the days of the NES.

I'll have to link some pics here eventually. But anyway, still looking for Sakura-Con peoples.

wolfshadow said:
EveWasFramed said:

Are you addressing Link as a figure of nostalgia or do you still keep up to date with his latest exploits?
Just in case the latter applies, I completed "Twilight Princess" about three months ago and enjoyed it so much that I am seriously contemplating hypnotising myself into forgetting the entire experience, so that I can enjoy a repeat playthrough every bit as much as I did the first time around:D

lol, I havent played any games in a while...
I still have Wind Waker for Gamecube that I never got to play :( lol
The first three Zelda's were my faves. :D
Zelda and Mario were the ones I played most. lmao, Im showing my age. :p

EveWasFramed said:
wolfshadow said:
EveWasFramed said:

I loved that strange, wobbly, sound effect in Zelda 3 when Link shifts from the Hyrule to the Darkworld.:p
Also, would it lower your opinion of me if I confessed that I was nearly overcome by tears the first time I removed the "Master Sword" from it's plinth in the forest glade lol :D.

Showing your age? Because you remember playing the NES? That doesn't make anyone old, not yet anyway.

It's funny you mentioned the sound effects. I remember having nightmares from that "GAME OVER: RETURN OF GANNON" screen from Zelda II. It was just red and black... and he freaking laughed at you!

Wow, another Idahoan. I'm up in Priest River.

I dunno about Sakura Con (I do like a lot of anime, but I don't think I like it enough to drive to Seattle), but if you're ever up in the Sandpoint/Priest River area, drop me a note and we'll go fishing or something :p

wolfshadow said:
EveWasFramed said:
wolfshadow said:
EveWasFramed said:

I loved that strange, wobbly, sound effect in Zelda 3 when Link shifts from the Hyrule to the Darkworld.:p
Also, would it lower your opinion of me if I confessed that I was nearly overcome by tears the first time I removed the "Master Sword" from it's plinth in the forest glade lol :D.

No, it won't lower my opinion of you at all. :D The feeling of euphoria that I experienced upon beating Ingo, and winning the illustrious Epona at Lon Lon Ranch, still sends shivers up my spine. :shy: lol

Latest posts

Back