Scams That Prey On the Lonely

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. Because they know there are a lot of older men out there looking for younger women. The pretend to be gorgeous young women so they can fleece them.

The only reason I talk about rich here NOW is because we are speaking about scamming, where the scammer is after someone's money! The whole point of scamming someone is to get their money. And ob obviously if we are citing examples and I know a lot of rich clients and friends and family it stands to reason I will know more about how it does or does not affect rich people than those who do not mix with rich people! Why would I be attempting to distance myself from it when I work full time helping people with these things - distancing myself would mean I prefer to do a different career or be retired. I see a lot of naivety and lack of knowledge about this subject.

You could probably find some way to do that without calling so much attention to it though. It seems deliberate, and to be perfectly honest, somewhat rude.

I said that you seem like someone trying hard to distance yourself from your own personal background - not your professional one - by talking about your wealth to this extent, this many times.

It's just my opinion, be however you want. But that's how it comes across to me.

Last edited:
Exactly. Because they know there are a lot of older men out there looking for younger women. The pretend to be gorgeous young women so they can fleece them.
I'm not an older man. These profiles are my age. It would be much more sensical to pose as naive 20-somethings. You're assuming all older men aren't aware of the possibility of being scammed. The vast majority are aware of this and if they do have self-made money, they're intelligent enough not to get caught by something as obvious as a fake profile.

You could probably find some way to do that without calling so much attention to it though. It seems deliberate, and to be perfectly honest, somewhat rude.

I said that you seem like someone trying hard to distance yourself from your own personal background - not your professional one - by talking about your wealth to this extent, this many times.

It's just my opinion but that's how it comes across to me.
You are wrong. But from now on when I have time, can remember to and can be bothered to I will study how you come across and bring up your faults - or perceived imagined non existent ones. For your information there is nothing negative or wrong about my background so distance myself from nothing?! IF I am distancing myself from my background - not professional - then it would not include money in any shape of form. Money is professional not private.

I'm not an older man. These profiles are my age. It would be much more sensical to pose as naive 20-somethings. You're assuming all older men aren't aware of the possibility of being scammed. The vast majority are aware of this and if they do have self-made money, they're intelligent enough not to get caught by something as obvious as a fake profile.
Plenty of older men get caught by it, I have helped about 400 so far this year. All older men. All naive and unrealistic.

You are wrong. But from now on when I have time, can remember to and can be bothered to I will study how you come across and bring up your faults - or perceived imagined non existent ones.

If it wasn't at least a little bit true, you wouldn't be this defensive and emotional about it. In fact you wouldn't be bothered much at all.

Like I said, be any way you want but understand that some ways to be, will rub others the wrong way.
If you want respect, a little humility would go a long way.

If it wasn't at least a little bit true, you wouldn't be this defensive and emotional about it. In fact you wouldn't be bothered much at all.

If you want respect, a little humility would go a long way.

Maybe we should all just go back to church, what with all of us being naive and stupid.

The superiority complex I was picking up on seems right on the money.....
Nothing more superior than a guy you have never met deciding he knows you inside and out based on a few lines on here. He has no training or qualifications or experience in psychology or mental health but he knows it all. Very superior. I seriously could help you. I suggest you find someone local to you who has more time than me to do so.

Plenty of older men get caught by it, I have helped about 400 so far this year. All older men. All naive and unrealistic.
Helped them? How? What do you do exactly? And do you call them naive, stupid, ugly and unrealistic WHILE you're helping them, or do you just think it real hard and try not to smirk?
And how much do you charge for that service?

According to some rich men would fall for a pyramid scheme, I know this is not true, but they love to believe it. I suppose they are jealous of anyone who has done better than them and love to believe they will lose it all quickly. I agree with you, those with self made money have more sense and are more careful. Every guy I helped with their scam problems - so far - has been poor. They don't have much but they have bigger dreams and fantasies so it is easier to get it off of them.

Helped them? How? What do you do exactly? And do you call them naive, stupid, ugly and unrealistic WHILE you're helping them, or do you just think it real hard and try not to smirk?
And how much do you charge for that service?
I knew you would say that.... why would I tell you who I am and all about the work I do? If you want you can tell me all about you and the work you do and how much you earn. Am eager to hear all the details. Then I will find fault with you being paid to work. Because it is obvious you will try to find a way to say I am out of order for being paid when I work. It's strange that, double standards. I don't need to justify myself to you. I am not short of clients, I actually have a waiting list and I am very selective about who I accept. For your information NOSEY I used to earn a great deal more in my previous profession - the legal profession - than I do now helping these people... I've actually taken a huge decrease in wages. Something I am sure you would not be willing to do, even if it means you can help a lot of people.

I knew you would say that.... why would I tell you who I am and all about the work I do? If you want you can tell me all about you and the work you do and how much you earn. Am eager to hear all the details. Then I will find fault with you being paid to work. Because it is obvious you will try to find a way to say I am out of order for being paid when I work. It's strange that, double standards. I don't need to justify myself to you. I am not short of clients, I actually have a waiting list and I am very selective about who I accept. For your information NOSEY I used to earn a great deal more in my previous profession - the legal profession - than I do now helping these people... I've actually taken a huge decrease in wages. Something I am sure you would not be willing to do, even if it means you can help a lot of people.
Well, you're telling me you're an expert in these matters. You'll forgive me for not taking your word for it, much the same way I wouldnt believe a homeless guy on the street claiming he's an orthodontist.
You've also assumed a bunch of stuff about me...kind of out of nowhere lol. Maybe I got scammed and am looking for help?
I don't really care for your previous profession. I want to know which one you're in NOW. From Nosey, to Ms Abrasive.
You'd also be very surprised at what I'm willing to do...and have done in the past.

Last edited:
Nothing more superior than a guy you have never met deciding he knows you inside and out based on a few lines on here. He has no training or qualifications or experience in psychology or mental health but he knows it all. Very superior. I seriously could help you. I suggest you find someone local to you who has more time than me to do so.

And what exactly are you helping me with?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back