School

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Music

Reaction score
So I hear the SAT's are hard as honeysuckle? Also anybody want to help me with ways to make taking tests easier? I always know my data for the test but I lately I have been making b's an that is unacceptable to me.

SATs are not hard at all. The Math is supposed to be hard but it wasn't. The essay needs in intro, 3 body paragraphs and a conclusion of all the above paragraphs. The reading comprehension was the hardest part for me because you have to read 2 giant walls of text then answer questions about how they differ, what was common, who was an antagonist, etc. I think I scored in the 60th percentile though on the three subjects or whatever it was. 60 to most school folks is like a D or below average. But in reality, 60 is 10% above average which was good enough for me to get into where I wanted to go. I aimed low, did better then I thought I would, and was happy about it and I was able to use it to get into the college I wanted to go to. Just don't stress over it. You can take it as many times as you want and send out the best copy when you're done reaching for "excellence" lol.

If you think there are specific areas you may have trouble with, I would suggest being tutored a month before you take the test, just to brush up on your skills. This goes for any major exam. There are also guides available that will give you tips on how to prepare for the SAT.

Definitely sign up for an SAT Prep course and invest in a good study guide. A good study guide ought to contain review chapters covering the material you are likely to find on the test, as well as several practice tests.

The review is helpful, but the best practice is to take the practice tests, too, so the format becomes familiar to you and you will gain confidence.

The SAT wasn't that hard at all. The GRE and the MAT, on the other hand... lol

Good luck!

Latest posts

Back