Screaming over lemonade

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rayri

Reaction score
Quick question,if someone said to you, "You are smart but dumb !" Would you take it as an insult or compliment ? :(
Well the main reason ofthis thread was because of my mother. So a few minutes ago, i made some limonade and put it in the
fridgerator. A few minutes later when we got ready to eat, my mother called me and said
"You never do anything right !" and blah blah going on about how hot the lemonade was.
i tried to put it in the freezer, but it couldn't fit. i even TOLD HER that. i did it how she always did it.
We have always made it this way and instead of her telling me i did it wrong, she screams at me. i am so frustrated with her. i wish shecouldknow how much those words hurt me.

Hi, I toooootally understand this sitaution. My dad is the same way he YELLLS about everything and anything. Today we were putting christmas lights up and i put one in the window on the wrong side. Instead of just correcting me he yells and talks to me like i just threw a rock in the window and broke it. It's very frustrating dealing with people like that especially your own parents. I dont know how it makes you feel but it makes me feel like shitt!!!

iknow right. i should have said, "WELL PUT SOME **** ICE IN IT !"
but if i did, that would have guaranteed me getting my ass beat and grounded.
According to her, im "sorry." That hurt too. "You are just some sorry child."

Who puts lemonade in the freezer =P. My parents were the same way. Always anal about how they want everything done the specific way that they want it. When you can move out just move out.

Avoid putting hot foods in the freezer, as it can overtax the fridge's compressor.

IgnoredOne said:
Avoid putting hot foods in the freezer, as it can overtax the fridge's compressor.

hehe. i love how you totally "missed" the point of the story here :p

but obviously your mother is having some problems herself.
blowing up over lemonade, really how importand can that be.
maybe she isnt happy with her life or something.
dont think it has much to do with you though.
so dont take it to personally, as hard as that can be.
try talking to her, without screaming and yelling or blaming her for anything.
tell her how she makes you feel, maybe even ask her if something is bothering her.
if you just keep screaming at each other its not gonne get any better.

IgnoredOne said:

hmm i didn't know that. What about the fridge? Will it overtax that too?

Rayri said:
i wish she could know how much those words hurt me.

Then tell her.

Usually, people don't yell and scream because they're trying to be mean and hurtful; they don't think, is all. If you tell her how much it upsets you, she might try to control herself better.

Best of luck to you!

paulo said:
IgnoredOne said:

hehe. i love how you totally "missed" the point of the story here :p

Well, the others had already gone extensively into the essential part of the response, I thought to add some factual information ^^

SophiaGrace said:
hmm i didn't know that. What about the fridge? Will it overtax that too?

It will also make the compressor work harder than normal, but since the fridge isn't kept as low of a temperature, it shouldn't cause as many issues.

i really dont like to talk to her though. Like today, "Oh rachel dosen't have any common sense !"
(talking to daddy) i told her a while ago, "Oh i never though about washing the colander that way."
"Yeah, because you don't have any common sense." i told her plenty of times before when we
were arguing. She asked (more like yelled) why do i act the way i do. Then, i told her
that i hated the way she calls me names. She denied it and went on with her life.

Are you in high school still? If you want to possibly open a can of worms on her you can go to your school counselor.

I am sorry you were yelled and she treats you the way she did. Surely it is indeed wrong of her to be acting the way she is to you. Your not alone with this for it has happened to even me and other people who while growing up it happened to them. Parents are supposed to love their children and to care for them. Ideally though this isn't always perfectly happening. There will be times where people don't get along.

People sometimes have things that upset them and they turn to anger to feel better about it. If your mother is yelling at you for no reason at all and over the simpliest of things. Its likely somethings bothering her and she is overtaken by its issue. Emotionally I am sure she has inside somewhere reastraint to not yell and has love for you.

But the yelling has happened. I don't think a parent would yell at their child when its first born so I don't think she hates you and I don't think she is doing this on purpose. I seen even within my family people do something and really truely it isn't their true nature in the end.

One thing I found out when I yelled back at people who yelled at me. It only made things worse. So if she yells at you for anything set the better example and show her kindness. This way she sees shes the one whos doing the wrong thing and will surely sooner stop.

I always wanted to prove to the people that hurt me the pain they had done. But I found a quicker way to end not only my pain they had caused but even a way to repair what was done inside me has well.

I found love to be the thing that does it. Love I found is a bond that once so obvious people will not want to break. I recommend you make her something and give it to her has a gift or to do the most loving thing you can for her. I think then she will think four times over before ever yelling at you or exploding over simple things again. Even further if it doesn't work do all you can to improve the bond between you two.

It is a wonderful thing to have a mother can be like a best friend. But in this case i understand it isn't but it can be forged if its tryed. Spend time with another doing something fun for both of you. Doing work together think of anything that will bring you both closer.

Its up to you though if you want these things. Your mother can't save herself from her negativity she chooses. You are the one who can save your mother and you are the one who can help her. Be strong be kind and do all things postive you can. By doing so you not only represent the good all seek but you also can fix whatever is causing her to do these things. I hope this helps and I hope your situation improves.

i am online schooled Kat.
i hope she would just leave me the hell alone.
Thank you everyone.

She sounds super abusive. I have a friend whos mom is really verbally/mentally abusive to her, and she takes it so hard, puts so much worth into her evil, crazy moms words. I always tell her to consider the source before letting it make her feel like crap about herself.

septicemia said:
She sounds super abusive. I have a friend whos mom is really verbally/mentally abusive to her, and she takes it so hard, puts so much worth into her evil, crazy moms words. I always tell her to consider the source before letting it make her feel like crap about herself.
this is wut iv bn sayng 4 wks
:rolleyes2:

Thank you all. I've read things here that validate why I would never yell, scream, or carry on at my child. She has come home and told me how sad it makes her to hear her friends parents yell over the most trivial of matters. When I was a kid I had no confidence because I second guessed so much- the one thing I was usually sure of was that I was going to fresia up.

Latest posts

Back