Seeking a strong connection! 23y/o

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AfterDark

Reaction score
Hey there, welcome to my wall of text, feel free to read!

I've decided to make a personal thread on this forum, after spending some time here. I figured I have nothing to lose by doing so! This won't be like any other you've seen here before..
I will try explain thoroughly to the best of my ability what kind of a connection I'm seeking, and add a bit about myself as well.

I'll start by explaining what kind of a connection I've had up until now, in the most recent years.

The past few years I had a long distance relationship with a female, she was the first person I was able to share anything and everything with. We grew really close, I was planning to spend the rest of my life with her, she told me she wanted the same as well (. Maybe that sounds ignorant, since we hadn't even met, but I was serious. She was the only person in my life for 3/4 years, I can't recall when I stopped spending time with my IRL friends, we just saw each other less and less as time passed. Our relationship did not end as I had hoped though (deceived me, no way back). There is more to this story, but to the point....!

Even if it did not work out... I really miss the connection that I had with her, I have no one in my life now. Having someone you can be yourself around, knowing that person will always be straight with you and care as much about you as you do about them. So I'm seeking/hoping someone is looking for something similar to what I'm about to suggest, or would be willing to give it a shot.

To clarify, I'm looking for friendship, as pure as they come, with trust and honesty. I don't expect anyone to trust a stranger, I will certainly not, but given time I can, with the right person. I will be 100% honest though, I will not lie, I will be as open as a book (with most subjects, some things need time!), and if it goes well, I will treasure the friendship more than anything else in my life.
I have no expectations, I will let time tell. A greeting will do fine as a first PM. I'm not really looking for a significant other, but I can't rule it out, just think its unlikely... You will see further down why...

Now, some information about my personality.

There are things you have to know about me should you wish to make contact. I realize that this must all seem very artificial posting such personal information to strangers, however I view it as nothing more than an introduction of myself. It's necessary for me to do this, if I want any chance at all to find what I seek. Searching on my own for people who'd really want to like to bond with someone like me would not bring much fruit! Therefore I have to invite people in.

I'm a 23 years old scandinavian male. I have certain traits of the schizoid personality disorder. Never been to a psychiatrist/therapist. I wouldn't call myself a schizoid, feel no need to label myself, might not even be accurate...... I am what I am, and I like myself.

Most days I feel indifferent, especially if spent alone. Feelings that come, rarely lasts for longer than a few minutes (it has happened that I've been happy for days though). I'm a very reliable and honest person (at least online), I mask my personality IRL, as I find it easier to deal with that way (I'd explain).
I don't smoke, do drugs or drink, usually spend most of my time at home when not at work, playing PC games, watching anime/tv series or reading. Best find out more about me on your own really!

You might be curious how I was able to have a relationship like I had with someone after saying all that. I don't really want to get into it here, but more than willing to explain, I'm not as cold as I appear to be!

If you might be interested in getting to know me, send me a pm! I'd prefer if it was someone around my age. Wouldn't mind PMs from both females and males, however I'm not quite sure if I'd be comfortable/able to have this kind of a connection with a male, at least not as strong one as I'd like to.

Yeah.. thanks ;) It cost a piece of my soul to make it and put it out here :O

I thought you were a girl :O jk jk (hehe) that's a nice intro. good to get to know another member a little better. you are a kind man. good luck :)

Latest posts

Back