Self harm

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Have you ever self-harmed?

• No

Votes: 14 38.9%
  • I used to.

Votes: 14 38.9%
  • I still do.

Votes: 8 22.2%

• Total voters
SHAAAAADE!!! *hug* Is not healthy. @_@

Instead of cutting you, cut me instead.

----Steve

Please don't Shade :(. we all care for you and don't want to see you hurt. Like Jedi said cut one of us instead.

packyourbags said:
umm... past tense?. lol.
i still kinda do. . .

I'm sorta the same. I am definitely not as bad as I used to be, I see a lot of things as self-harm though not just cutting/burning/hitting oneself from making oneself sick, to drinking to the point it is starting to affect your health etc. Whilst I have stopped cutting myself these days I'd like to say I have stopped harming myself in others way too, which unfortunately I can not. However, I am working on it.

I hope you are too?

I have...
honeysuckle I already tried to commit sueicide.
I'm not really into mutilating my body...Not into that type of pain and suffering....
What i used to do is beat up on myself mentally and emotionally.

Only other physical thing I used to do is I self sabatage..bascailly i fresia up my life on purpose.
I used to abuse drugs on alchol on purpose. I put myself in harms way on purpose. crazy life style.
I actaully allow messed up people into myself...I knew they weren't too healthy
I knew it had dire consequences.

Mostly it was becuase i went through a divorced. I felt everything that lead up to my deviorced
and after my divorced was way...way out of my control. It wasn't my chioce and i don't belive it
was my ex-wf chioce. I belive her family and friend pressure her. I know her parents especifically
went out of their god **** ways to put a wedge between her and I.
I also belive that's why I'm very fixated with her...it's something the was unresolved in my life.
Chelle loves me very much. I've always known that she has. I also belive that's why there's been
so much healing between her and I. I belive if the chioces were left to us we both would chose to
love than rather to hate. That's what we're chosing today. I love her very much.

Anywho...it's about getting control back in my life...even if it was unhealthy...it had to be my chioce.
thAT's why I don't wanna be fixed...the more you wanna fix me..the more I wanna hurt myself.
Chelle is the same way...she dosn't want me to fix her.

Then after Jenni died...I felt that was way the fresia out of my control. i don't belive it was her chioce and it sure the fresia wasn't mine..
That's why I isolated myself. i knew it wasn't too healthy and hurting myself.
The only thing I hung on to was to not drink and use drugs no matter what....that's was something I felt i have control over.
It was totally narely to process Jenni's death clean and sober never the less.
My sponsor was kind of surprized but not shock....generally recoverying addicts blow their fucken brains out when they isolate clean and sober.lol
I'm not your typical addict ya know...I ma fucken special.lmaO
I guess Mikie wants to come out and play now...after he sitted in his own honeysuckle for a while..Ouch!!! :p

Yes, long before i had ever heard of any such thing. Still have some of the scars.

Minus said:
Yes, long before i had ever heard of any such thing. Still have some of the scars.

(hugs Minus)
gah dear sorry :(

:(

Badjedidude said:
SHAAAAADE!!! *hug* Is not healthy. @_@

Instead of cutting you, cut me instead.

----Steve

(beats doing other things :()
i know dear :/ well... you know, largely thanks to you folks here it doesn't happen often :)

and neh, i think that would disturb the force WAY too much lol)

dear, don't worry (hugs)
will be ok :)

Remedy said:
Please don't Shade :(. we all care for you and don't want to see you hurt. Like Jedi said cut one of us instead.

darling, don't worry :)

(hugs)

and umm. why do you both silly people think it will hurt me LESS?????
lol

I'm glad everyone's so supportive. I'm trying to stop and am at my third month cut free, so i'm somewhat proud. I regret stopping sometimes, but the need to hide it was horrible. I will never be able to wear a bathing suit comfortably without shorts ever again.

:D YAAAYY!!! Awesome, Tyche! ^_^ Proud of ya.

And I don't mind scars. You can wear ur bathing suit around me. :p

----Steve

i got an eyebrow piercing when i was younger.. i was bored and the parlour was right there.. i had it for a few months and it totally gave me the shits, it was uncomfortable and i couldnt sleep with it properly.. took it out eventually and i still have the scar..

i guess thats a form of self harm..

LOL p2p, I don't think that counts. :p Unless you did it with a spirit of angst, I suppose.

I once had to sew a wound closed on my foot using fishing wire...does that count? :p

----Steve

Yea I cut myself. Don't do it anymore. How did I stop? No idea, just didn't do it for me anymore.

Badjedidude said:
LOL p2p, I don't think that counts. :p Unless you did it with a spirit of angst, I suppose.

I once had to sew a wound closed on my foot using fishing wire...does that count? :p

----Steve

HAD to? why? :l

Lol because I had an open wound on my foot; why else? I had to close it somehow...and a hospital wasn't an option at the moment. Long story and one I won't repeat here. :p

----Steve

I use to say that cross country runners are the most hardcore masicsists

eh or you can stand outside in the rain with no clothes till you get sick

well when you get injured your brain relases dophamine so you feel better emotionally for the time being

being sick is pain enough I swear to god if I'm not better by tomorrow I'm going to ******* kill god

..ps *non contagious hugs to everyone dealing with these issues* we're hear for you :)

I like to say that I was a "cutter" before it was cool.

I, unfortunately, have found that only a few things work for me when dealing with stress: alcohol, self mutilation, video games, and sex. Unfortunately, gaming is something I don't have time for when I need it- and when I have the time, I'm not in the mood. Sex only works when I have an emotional attachment to my partner. Being tipsy (I refuse to get drunk) can be inconvenient with my schedule. Self mutilation is an easy form of instant gratification. Fortunately, I don't feel the need to do anything that causes permanent damage.

Latest posts

Back