Seriously..Stop Saying this!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2fresh4youx

Reaction score
"Your a nice person"

Is Simply another word for "boring"

All my life, wherever I go, whoever ive met, all people have had to say about me is that Im a nice person. Do you seriously have to rub it in that much that Im boring as fresia?

Honestly, Does anybody else get this?

When I was little, my parents always told me I was always a "nice young boy". And somehow, this instilled on my subconcious that I should pride myself on that. But has being nice ever got me anywhere? No. Has being nice ever got me friends? No. Has it ever got me a girlfriend? No. Ive only come to the recent realisation that being nice gets you nowhere in life. I will admit, I come across as nice person if you met me in real life, it's just how I am, but that's all you'll ever get from me. You wont get a witty, humorous individual. You won't get an intelligent, smart person. And you certainly wont get a nice looking person either. Just another looked over, 5-4 short as fresia virgin male who is about as attractive as that rock over there. People always ignore me, and Im sure my height has always been a major factor, especially when it comes to friends. And women, dont get me started on that area.

And my generation. Seriously. Am I meeting the same person over and over?

Scenario:
Guy 1: "Hey man, what did you do over the weekend?
Guy 2" "Got trashed man"

Wow, really. Is that all people do these days? Party?

If you're not a humorous individual or an attractive person, you will go ignored, period.

And don't get me started on the way men of my generation talk about women. It's absolutely disgusting. And the worst part about it, is they, women, go along with it and love it!

I can't connect with anyone in this world.

Well if you were getting all the drama and politics that goes with relationships, being popular, etc, you'd probably be getting trashed on the weekend too. In high school it's all about popularity and getting trashed, and in the adult world it's all about kissing ass and making money.

Thats it pretty much. I can go deeper, but only if you choose to take the red pill. You'll see that it's a lot bigger then you or I.

If you take the blue pill, just find a good job. The majority of women are looking for "a nice guy who is clean and financially stable."

I'd love to believe you and all but most women from what I have seen only care about getting trashed every weekend, are already in relationships or come to you, acting like they are interested and then they start talking like "So I met this guy last weekend"..or even better, when they say in front of your face "I want a tall, dark handsome man". I mean seriously..You're saying this to another male, who is obviously not your type and expect me to feel for you? Hah!

And about the high school thing. Im sorry, but at my age, people are still acting as if they are still in 10th grade. Do I seriously have to wait until 30 until it hits people in the face that "oh, I should start acting mature now" to be able to relate to people? And then Id be knocked back (in a women sense) for not being experienced enough or something shallow like that. Man, this is a sick, twisted world.

Yeah, it was the same for me. The only serious relationship I did have ended horribly and made me just want to get trashed. Yes you probably will have to wait till 30 for any of these women to wake up. Many are just shallow hearted facebook slaves.

Yes it is a twisted world, that is by design. It's all outlined in George Orwells 1984. The power elite want a world where the family unit is destroyed completely, where no one trusts each other, no one has any real hope. The more you see, the more disgusted you'll be with it.

If you want to see how deep the rabbit hole goes start doing your research on the new world order, illuminati, drivers license / birth certificate scams. The reality is this: you are living on a prison planet, a slave plantation. Men don't really get much respect anymore. Men are the new slaves. Just like on black slave plantations they elevate the women above the men. Now both parents have to work just to make ends meet. Women didn't really gain any rights, men became feminized. The citizen is the new woman, while the power elite gets all the masculine energy.

Whole religions are built up around the world being messed up. Jesus said Satan is lord of this world.

" acting like they are interested and then they start talking like 'So I met this guy last weekend'"

Can you explain this one for me? I think I've been there before but I want to compare similar experiences.

fuzzybutt said:
" acting like they are interested and then they start talking like 'So I met this guy last weekend'"

Can you explain this one for me? I think I've been there before but I want to compare similar experiences.

Just recently at work, I met a girl who was pretty friendly and easy to get along with, and then starts to talk about a particular guy that she was into and describing physical qualities of him in front of my face. I become truly offended by stuff like this and now my perception of her has completely changed.

And then there was another girl that I used to work with whom I had a catch up conversation with one day which some how led to her talking about how she loves bad boys and how she cant explain why she likes them. She messaged me a few days after this conversation and ever since, I have completely ignored her. I was never interested in her but stuff like this is really starting to cloud my perception of women in general.

2fresh4youx said:
fuzzybutt said:

Just recently at work, I met a girl who was pretty friendly and easy to get along with, and then starts to talk about a particular guy that she was into and describing physical qualities of him in front of my face. I become truly offended by stuff like this and now my perception of her has completely changed.

And then there was another girl that I used to work with whom I had a catch up conversation with one day which some how led to her talking about how she loves bad boys and how she cant explain why she likes them. She messaged me a few days after this conversation and ever since, I have completely ignored her. I was never interested in her but stuff like this is really starting to cloud my perception of women in general.

These are co-workers though. I thought you meant like girls who would lead you on into thinking you could ask them out for a date. Actually getting to know them and hang around them outside of work.

Even if they are not interested in you but are easy to get along with, you could manage to be great friends. I learned this the hard way. It's not easy being so friendly with a girl who's single and not into you while you're single too.

fuzzybutt said:
2fresh4youx said:
fuzzybutt said:

These are co-workers though. I thought you meant like girls who would lead you on into thinking you could ask them out for a date. Actually getting to know them and hang around them outside of work.

Even if they are not interested in you but are easy to get along with, you could manage to be great friends. I learned this the hard way. It's not easy being so friendly with a girl who's single and not into you while you're single too.

I could, but seeing some of these shallow qualities would make me think my time is better spent elsewhere.

You're right that they are shallow qualities but I'm sure you have male friends with the same qualities no? They want girls with big tits and pretty faces? Would you spend less time with them?

I love this rant you made because it's so ******* true. It does seem like all people do is party and drink over the weekends. Not me.
I have no friends either, so I mean, I still have some fun alone. I'll watch a movie, read a book, dance to some music, but that's about it. This is any day of the week. Not just the weekends... As for men and the lack of respect for women... I have definitely noticed that too. Most men today just view women as sex objects rather than real people too. It's really disgusting,and some of the things I overhear at work disgusts me on so many levels.
I'd be pretty annoyed too if all people said 'you're a nice guy'.

2fresh4youx said:
fuzzybutt said:

There's nothing like meeting someone who is genuinely interested in you. I for one, seem like I have yet to meet any peers that are seriously interested. I have met older adults, yes, but none around my age. I kind of hate my generation to be honest. I really wish I grew up in previous generations, because ours is just pathetic. No one knows how to communicate...romance no longer exists, it's all about "getting it in". I can rarely ever meet any that are intellectuals and like to discuss real issues rather than stupid irrelevant mainstream honeysuckle.
I definitely know the feeling of talking to someone (a female in particular) and then have them talking about some other guy they're into right in front of your face.This annoys the hell out of me, and I'm still not exactly sure why though. I'm still confused with my orientation, but still. I know that it does annoy me,and I often wonder why I never get hit on but all the other guys do. I just don't get it at all. How come women never flirt with me? Do I come off as an unfriendly guy? I'm just curious is all.

Parties are overrated. Nice guys are underrated.

But seriously, it's not bad being a nice guy. I'm a nice guy, yet I still consider myself funny, witty, outgoing and tough.

I went through a period of time in which I thought the same as you. My family says I'm a very nice young man and have a bright future unlike other teenagers, I'll grow up to be successful, blah blah blah, you know how it goes. I thought that they were basically saying to me "You don't party, you don't have a girlfriend, you study a lot, therefore you're going to be successful." I thought that being called a nice guy was like having a death sentence. And I was depressed during that time, so I can understand where you're coming from. But, you're wrong.

Being a nice guy does not necessarily mean that you're unattractive, not funny, and are being used to everyone. You don't get to choose your height, or the way you look; so you should try your best to be comfortable with your appearance. Like I said, I'm proud of being a nice guy, there is nothing wrong with being a nice guy. As long as you do your best and not let anyone use you, you're good to go.

I don't think that you can generalize everyone in the entire world of billions of people to ''nice guys'', ''shallow guys'' ''slutty girls'' etc. People are multi-faceted and they have a lot of sides, some nice, some not so nice, some mean, some funny, some shallow, some witty, some smart. we're not black and white. Even strangers you pass by at the streets, they have a lot of stories in their lives that make them interesting. Being nice is never an insult for me. And it should never be a trait that people should regret having. Instead of looking at what other people may appear as, find something in yourself that you can build up, be confident and happy about. Traits that you are thankful you have, interests that may bore other people but fulfills you. Get to know who you are as a person and if you don't like who you are, strive to become the person you want to be, that you can love and be proud of. It's the best way of getting people interested in you, but it also makes me you enjoy your own company more, love your own self. It is also the best way for you to share what you have to other people. The best way of being a ''nice guy''.

Also, reading the replies, made me think how funny it is how some people can easily judge a person by what he/she has said at a span of about a minute? In everyday life, we don't always talk about intelligent things we know and we don't always tell people what books we are reading right now and how it affected us or what we think about life. I guess what I am saying is that, I don't think the world lacks people with depth, it just lacks people who really genuinely want to get to know a person rather than classifying them as ''shallow'' ''might be interesting'' ''interesting'' etc. Reaching out for me is the best indication of niceness.. not judging.

Girls generally use "you're such a nice guy" in place of "I would never date you, get away from me."

I hate it, too, but there's no escaping it. Women generally go after one type of man until their 30's, and by that time, at least 1/2 of them don't look as good anymore. So it's just something us unattractive guys have to put up with.

kamya said:
What's wrong with being boring? I'd rather be boring than have a life of drama.

Being boring means that you are mentally sound, no mental illnesses no proclivity to upset and destroy those around you.

Put in that light, it sounds like a good thing.

Please no gender stereotyping!!

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
I hate it, too, but there's no escaping it. Women generally go after one type of man until their 30's, and by that time, at least 1/2 of them don't look as good anymore. So it's just something us unattractive guys have to put up with.

Wow. First of all that is not true. Not all women go after one type of man until their 30's, some do, some don't. Same thing with guys, some go after one type of women, some don't. And at least 1/2 of them don't look as good anymore? Really? Wow, again. And to claim to be unattractive and make a remark like that.

*shakes head*

You can't divide the world into nice guys and not nice guys.

You seem as sure of your niceness as you do of others peoples faults. You wrote one girl off and ignored her for liking bad boys, you wrote the other girl off for telling you she met a nice guy at the weekend. She seemed nice to you and happy to chat to but once you found out she was interested in someone you lost all interest in her and decided she wasn't worth the effort.

Look I’m not meaning to character assassinate but accept everyone has faults including you, me and everyone else on the planet. Don't put people in boxes let alone yourself, it will get you nowhere. I know you're frustrated at the moment and sometimes life just makes you want to say well fresia you then to it all but don’t become perma screwed up and bitter about it, it wont help your cause.

Latest posts

Back