sex and relationships

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cool_breeze

Reaction score
In various studies the lifetime average number of sexual partners is about 7. Sometimes 8 or 9. These are usually American studies. I think the worldwide average is 10.5.

Durex claims the average is 19.3 in China. That one was internet based and probably wrong. Lots of Chinese people don't even have internet and it is thought that people were not taking the survey seriously. Then yet other studies have put large countries like China and India at about 3 or 4 average sexual partners each. Durex even has its own studies that puts China at 3.

There are a lot of unreliable factors...lying, bad memory, internet based tests vs. in person vs. phone vs. some kind of written form. I bet the overall world average is somewhere between 7-10.

I don't know, I guess I feel like the modern world is sex obsessed. 7 seems ok. That leaves room to experiment a few times, have a few relationships, then maybe end w/ a marriage.

I'm not a prude at all, actually I feel like I'm more sexual than most people. I hear all these stupid stories about guys who can't get erections, or hardly last very long, or the girl just lays there, or people talk about how they "aren't proud of it" when recalling things in their sexual background. A lot of people don't even do oral, just a few minutes of slutty banging. To me these kinds of stories don't sound very special at all. A few minutes of bad sex, wow. I guess I'm a quality over quantity guy. Those kinds of stories don't sound like worthwhile encounters.

In general I don't really like sluts. It usually makes me like a girl less if I know she's been with a bunch of people. If a girl just gives her body away easily then it seems like she doesn't think sex is very important.

I love getting laid but it seems you can hardly even turn on the evening news without hearing all these stories about sex. The statistics help a little. Maybe overall people are talking about it more than they're actually doing it. I think sex is great and natural and normal. I'm just kind of tired of being bombarded with slutty attitudes in the world these days.

What do you guys think?

cool_breeze said:
I think sex is great and natural and normal. I'm just kind of tired of being bombarded with slutty attitudes in the world these days.

What do you guys think?

Seven actually seems very high to me. Then again I'm a virgin, so I could suddenly become promiscuous and "catch on" to the whole craze (though I really doubt it :rolleyes:).

I want to have one partner that I really care for and that's it. Of course, that's a fairytale scenario I guess, so I suppose it's more likely that I'll probably end up with 3 intimate partners by the end of my life max.

To be honest 7 seems a bit slutty. I don't like that label to be honest, but meh. Maybe I'm just not "enlightened". Sometimes I feel like I should have been born in the 40's >_<

But I completely agree that modern society is too sex obsessed. That and materialism is prevalent in the West. When you stop working at a frenetic pace and actually pay attention to the ads constantly all around us, it's a bit disturbing I think.

I'm hardly an anti-capitalist, but I think it's pretty screwed up when everything from summer clothes to sofas are advertised with pretty blatant innuendo and double entendres.

I think sexual frustration is more widespread due to this too. Sometimes I feel like there is almost a pressure to have sex because advertising and general opinion acts like you are "out of the loop" if you haven't.

Right now I just kinda get pissed off if I'm having a nice day and the radio, a billboard or just some show on TV starts bombarding me with sexual content. I don't have a partner and I'm not sure I'm ready for sex, so why do I have to tolerate having it pushed in my face all the time, usually to sell me some crappy product made in a labour factory?

Yeah, I could go on and on, but I doubt anyone wants me to :D

I also think people BS LOTS about their sexual activity. I wouldn't be surprised if these surveys are quite inaccurate.

But I really wish society would stop treating sex like it's something to sell products or get cheap laughs from. It's really quite depressing that it's now effectively been demoted to the "quick and cheap response" switch for the masses.

I think most ridiculous recently was when I was driving along the highway and saw an ad for warehouse space - held up by an image of a bikini clad model with huge physical features.

I just thought (and excuse my French): "What the fresia does a semi-naked woman have to do with warehouse space? Really? Have we sunk that low now?" :(

I like sluts...as long as she's my slut :p

Quality??? Whats your definition of quality?
When she suck you off first and after, then gose..."oops sorry, I just killed a bunch of your babies".lol
When she swallow you whole then kisses you?
Is it when she scream..."oh god..oh god..oh god..you're like god baby...do again"
errr..let me guess, it's passionate love making all night long. So when morning comes, she hasnt past out yet and still remember your name?
No wait...it's when she gose " dude I'm fucken pregnant, your sperm
is the bomb...you be the man"
No..no...it' when you she send pics of her beaver with a text
" I'm really, really horny babe. i want you inside of me"

K..solitarydude
ur too pure for this world. Please forgive us lower life specimens
for contaminating earth with our garbage.
When you died..we had prepare a shrine in your specail honor.
We will graud it 24/7 to prevent wierd O from masturdbating on ur statue.

Ah fresia it...our purpose and goals in life is pull all you god chosen
people into the depth of hell or lure you into the cities of sins.
We're all children of the ****. We be naked nations.

We know how it is...you be ashame of your nakedness so
you want us to be ashame of ours too. fresia the fig leaf.lol

I have good friends that have probably been with 20, 30, 40, maybe more people. My numbers are much, much lower than that. Sometimes I think I should become some kind of man slut or something and see what it's all about. Then again you can get emotional baggage, STDs, lower quality meaningless sex, etc.

I will say that I would like to get laid more than I do but I want it to mean something. I'm no wait til marriage conservative Christian. Actually I'm about the opposite of that.

To me the qualifying factor is if there's a connection. If you feel a connection with the other person then that's great. Just seems like people these days are just jumping right into sex and then they often realize there's not really a connection, after they've already been having sex. That seems to be the attitude these days. To just go ahead and f--k someone, then see what you think.

Maybe I'm doing fine then. If the average is 7 and 7 seems ok to me then maybe everything is fine.

Seems to me the rift is basically wanting to have sex (with a low filter about who with) and then wanting to express something to someone, sexually. The 2nd category is great. I guess when people just have sex with seemingly anyone that's when it gets weird to me...

Cool Breeze....
You want emotional connections, yet you're afraid of emotional baggages....

Can you clearify the meaning of the meaning of that meaning your trying to get at or find?
That picture perfect image you hold in your mind of that meaningful thing that has speacial meaning to you?
Can you also tell me where you receive the idea of a meanigful relationship from...a book or books , a TV show, a preacher, your parents, your peers, society in general, honeysuckle you made up, or all the above.

I'm way below average then- I'm almost 27 and have had sex with only one woman. Sadly, that relationship did not last.

Lonesome Crow--If you have sex with someone and then regret it afterward that seems to be emotional baggage.

If you really like someone and they like you and you understand each other and you have sex for fun and to express that, then that's awesome and that would be a connection. By the way I don't think there has to be a time limit for that either. It could be a few hours or a few weeks or months to get to that point.

I guess if you're having soulless sex and you know there's no connection from the start but you're doing it anyway, or if you think maybe there's a connection--jump into sex--and then realize there isn't, well, that's when I think it's weird.

Cool Breeze...have you seen a woman's soul before?

What is it that you do....look deeply into her eyes and tell her you love her?
Is it when her eyes rolls back into her head as she's sheavering and creaming out of control?

Is it when she say...
" I love you very, very much..I'm putting my heart in your hands. Please don't hurt me. I trust you"

Or is it when she glows,..that aura that surrounds her.

Haha. You know what I mean Crow. And of course the intensity of the connection will vary.

Just seems like in media and the world there's a lot of hype or people doing it with not much connection. As I mentioned I know people who have done dozens of girls. They probably had a connection with very few of those girls. In fact I'm pretty sure of it based on what they've told me. Some of them even say it's probably better to be not to be so oversexed but they're doing it anyway or they feel empty after doing that.

Then again check out this document if you want. A lot of this oversexed attitude seems to be hype, or falls outside of the average anyway and will be 25% of people or less in most categories.

http://abcnews.go.com/images/Politics/959a1AmericanSexSurvey.pdf

I don't know how serious this is supposed to be but you might want to get yourself a Dorothy.

names-630x608.jpg

Ha. Ya. Maybe I shouldn't have even made this thread. I was just kind of thinking about the oversexed attitude that seems to be prevalent in the world vs. what might actually be going on statistically.

Having sex partners is good. Just seems society has gotten to a point where it's like flaunting meaningless sex all the time.

Haha of course Edward is on the "least active" list. After all, he's a vampire and must stay away from girls lest he accidentally kills them! :p

Lifetime partners, eh? I wonder if the numbers are a lot higher for people born after the sexual revolution?

Either way, I plan on being well below average. I'd rather have an emotional connection with someone before having sex. Racking up a bunch of numbers seems meaningless.

Latest posts

Back