Single...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XspydurX

Reaction score
Well, I am no officially single & it feels pretty damned good! I broke the chain that held me back so I think I want to wallow in it for a while before getting into another perfect situation :p...
I just want to know...Is it wrong for me to feel so GOOD about breaking someone's heart (I mean, he broke mine the entire time I was with him in more than one way) ?

When you know you're in a bad relationship cutting yourself free is liberating. It's not wrong to feel good about it when you know it's the best for both of you.

Dont feel bad about breaking up with someone if they didnt treat you with respect, if the relationship was a burden and just wasnt working then it is good that you got yourself out of the situation. I think sticking to a relationship that simply isnt going to work because of lack of respect, communication etc is one of the worst things you can do with your life.

XspydurX ... I was there recently. It felt SO unbelievably bad to break someone else's heart. It felt SO bad to, essentially, break up with and lose my best friend.

Then I realised - it's so much better for both of us. I spent a couple of months HATING being single. I was unemployed. I'm now back in full time work, I don't have the time to dwell on things so much, and I'm not feeling trapped in a relationship I KNOW isn't working.

In answer to your question "Is it wrong for me to feel so GOOD about breaking someone's heart"...

That depends on what you mean. If you're feeling good because you've hurt him, then no. I don't think it's right to feel good about that.

If you're feeling good because, despite the pain, it's the right thing to do for you both, then no, of course you're GOING to feel good about it!

I remember your thread, spydur...you did the right thing. When the bad tends to outweigh the good, it's time to call it quits.
When all you really feel is a startling sense of RELIEF, you KNOW you did the right thing.

(((hugs)))

:D

Well thanks...I just didn't want to break someone's heart but I couldn't help it. I don't even like myself when I'm heartbroken so...I feel sooooooooooo much better!

& We did agree to stay in touch but for me that only means an email every now & again, which I don't mind @ all since talking to a jerk is stressful...:rolleyes:

No matter how gorgeous or flattering, I'm done w/ jerks, I can promise you that...:D:p

^^^Just move on. :) Don't worry so much about any pain you've caused him, especially since he'd done the same to you.

Be glad you're free and STAY SINGLE FOR A WHILE!!!! :p Spend some time and gain some balance and a new perspective on life!

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back