Skype Group Chat

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
johnny196775 said:
So you just google skypes latest version and download it i guess?

Yes. If you have Windows 8, I recommend the desktop version.

Good luck, Johnny. Did you manage to get it installed? Skype doesn't like me very much, unfortunately. Hope you have a better experience with it.

ladyforsaken said:
Good luck, Johnny. Did you manage to get it installed? Skype doesn't like me very much, unfortunately. Hope you have a better experience with it.
I am so not ready to do this right now. Thank you. :)

^No worries, Johnny. When you're ready and comfortable to do it. Hope you're doing well. :)

Oh, so you DO still use it? Must be just me then...

9006 said:
Oh, so you DO still use it? Must be just me then...

No, it's not you. I rarely come on anymore, have been quite busy to sit still for too long lately. Either that, or Skype crashes on me at login several times until I get sick of it. I didn't even know they had an auto-correct feature now when you type into the box. Just found out the other day!

I'm interested in this Skype thing. I'm somewhat new to this site (only joined about 4 days ago or so). I've never tried Skype, so I have no clue about setting it up.
I've been on the chat here......very nice people to talk to.

Maybe I'll join someday too :O

ladyforsaken said:
Skype crashes on me at login several times until I get sick of it.

I'm not sure if you already tried this but I had this problem and it was my virus protection screwing with it (I had avast) so I switched. That and resetting Skype helps.

Assuming you're using Windows. Windows Event Viewer could help you narrow down the problem too.

Outcast said:
I'm not sure if you already tried this but I had this problem and it was my virus protection screwing with it (I had avast) so I switched. That and resetting Skype helps.

Assuming you're using Windows. Windows Event Viewer could help you narrow down the problem too.

My current antivirus program is Bitdefender. Hmm, before that I was using Kaspersky. It had the same thing going. Sometimes I can't log in at first try, it says there's an error so I have to restart Skype. Sometimes it happens several times before it works. Sometimes I can log in but it just freezes. Sometimes once, sometimes many many annoying times.

Some days I guess I can tolerate it but most days I just can't be bothered...... :S

And yes, Windows 8.1 is what I'm using.

^Aww thanks for the link. That is exactly what's happening for me too most times. I'm also on an MSI laptop.. I wonder if that has any relation whatsoever.

Anyway, why do I have to do all that?! Isn't Skype supposed to be user friendly. :(

ladyforsaken said:
^Aww thanks for the link. That is exactly what's happening for me too most times. I'm also on an MSI laptop.. I wonder if that has any relation whatsoever.

Anyway, why do I have to do all that?! Isn't Skype supposed to be user friendly. :(

You're welcome :). I agree, computers can be a pain in the ass, and so can Skype.

You would think Skype would make a patch for this or something. I'm not sure if it being an MSI laptop is the problem or not. I know those computers usually have webcam issues, but I've never heard of freezing.

^But I do love computers and all that sort of stuff (like a nerd, but not really). Well either way, I don't really feel like fixing Skype at the moment.. I don't really have the patience for it lol. But really appreciate your suggestions, thank you!

Can different skype accounts be used upon one solitary computer?

Is it rude to join skype and point your camera at the ground or a wall so no one can see you?

johnny196775 said:
Is it rude to join skype and point your camera at the ground or a wall so no one can see you?

Just don't turn your cam on. Lots of people do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back