Skype Versions Getting Retired

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MissGuided said:
VanillaCreme said:
ladyforsaken said:
What is this deal with Skype now where you appear as Away when you go offline?!?! Why can't going offline just show you as being offline? Ugh.

Skype is really really really getting on my nerves.

When I'm signed out completely and exited out of Skype, it shows me as online. I get messages all the time from people thinking I'm online. Then I have to apologize because I wasn't, and I didn't want anyone thinking I was ignoring them. I have no idea what causes it to do that, but it's been doing it for months.

I manually change my status to 'invisible' prior to logging out and then right click to 'quit' the Skype program. Seems to be working for me. *shrugs*

I tried doing that (I have 2 accounts so I was able to experiment on this) - but when my status is invisible and then I log out - it changes me to away and I see myself get online with the away status. No matter what I do, as long as I log out, my status remains away.

And Nilla - that's just tough, having to apologise to people for this. It has been happening with me too lately, some moments I'm not even online and the status shows as such. Skype :(

Edit: I have also realised more people on away status on my contact list... and some people I know who has gone offline, turned to away status. So I know I'm not the only one experiencing this.

I've noticed people as "away" on my list. Which is odd, because many of them are never on the away status. They're either green or just not on.

**** you Microsoft... Why don't you just stick to ruining Nokia phones with your **** Windows OS! *shakes fist*

ladyforsaken said:
Edit: I have also realised more people on away status on my contact list... and some people I know who has gone offline, turned to away status. So I know I'm not the only one experiencing this.

No, you're not the only one by a longshot. There are tons of posts on the Skype website complaining - dating back months. Unfortunately, their pleas have gone largely unanswered by the Skype Gods.

VanillaCreme said:
**** you Microsoft... Why don't you just stick to ruining Nokia phones with your **** Windows OS! *shakes fist*

I now refer to them as, 'Microsuck'. Seems apropos.

ladyforsaken said:
Skype is so disappointing sometimes.
Skype became disappointing since micro took over them.
Each time I see the update message "Please wait, we are improving your Skype experience" I read it as "Please wait, we are ruining your Skype experience"

DariusArgent said:
Skype became disappointing since micro took over them.
Each time I see the update message "Please wait, we are improving your Skype experience" I read it as "Please wait, we are ruining your Skype experience"

True that.

Mine updated automatically and I didn't notice it in time to stop it. I do not care for the new layout at all.

And, that explanation given on the Skype boards is total crap. Microsoft has totally destroyed all that was good with Skype.

MissGuided said:
And, that explanation given on the Skype boards is total crap. Microsoft has totally destroyed all that was good with Skype.

I echo this.

Latest posts

Back