Sleeping too much

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr p

Reaction score
Hey there! I've got a problem; I sleep way too much. I get to bed at maybe 1 am, and set the alarm at 8 o' clock. That should be enough sleep, but I usually wake up, feel really tired and just don't care to get up. I want to go to school and do my work there, but I'm too lazy because I can just as well do it at home. So I fall asleep again, and sleep for more than 2 hours :O That doesn't really help either, because I still feel drained. Feels like I'm throwing away a good chunk of my day. :/

Count yer blessings, it's better then having insomnia all the time, not being able to sleep when you want, and not being able to sleep for as long as you'd like to that, and not staying asleep.

It's hard to say what makes a good sleep that isn't draining. It can be too much or too little.

Become more active. Seriously. The reason that many people's sleep patterns become disturbed or uneven is because they aren't active enough during the time that they're awake. The human body was meant to be running, very active, in constant motion.

If you aren't expending enough energy during the day, then of COURSE your sleep is going to be affected. This sounds silly, but the more active you become, the less tiredness and aches you will experience. :D Seriously!

----Steve

Badjedidude said:
Become more active. Seriously. The reason that many people's sleep patterns become disturbed or uneven is because they aren't active enough during the time that they're awake. The human body was meant to be running, very active, in constant motion.

If you aren't expending enough energy during the day, then of COURSE your sleep is going to be affected. This sounds silly, but the more active you become, the less tiredness and aches you will experience. :D Seriously!

----Steve

Hmm, maybe. Sometimes I wake up fresh and happy, maybe that's after I've had an active day! Though it is kinda weird that you sleep more the less energy you use.
Though if you get in a bad rhythm it's kinda like a feedback loop :/

mr p said:
Though if you get in a bad rhythm it's kinda like a feedback loop :/

Exactly! If you aren't moving a lot, the chemicals in your body pool in your cells and begin to fester...causing soreness and tiredness. If you're moving a bunch, those chemicals circulate properly and do their jobs, leaving you overall less tired and more fresh-feeling. :)

----Steve

Latest posts

Back