Slow Computer

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EveWasFramed said:
lol, is under scrutiny...

Yup, that link should show up in a day or too.

If your computer can be slow then there are several reasons to slow your computer some time it depends on RAM or some time it also depends on virus problem while these your computer might be slow . The other reason is if your hard disk can be full or it can have lot of virus then your computer speed can be slow .

EveWasFramed said:
lol, is under scrutiny...

He finally did it.
He really likes this thread.

SophiaGrace said:
What are some reasons that a computer powered by Windows Vista would be slow?

I have Sophos Antivirus (which I'm running a scan on now)

I dont know how to run my ad-aware...though I think I have it installed.

I wish I had spybot but I dont know where to download that from.

Can anyone help me? :p

Windows Vista is naturally slow...

Here are a few things to keep your computer running fast and secure:

Defrag your computer about once a month. I recommend JKDefrag, all you have to do is open it and it'll automatically defrag, only takes about 20 minutes. I will add the file save it too

Windows folder in your local C drive. You may want to make a shortcut and post it on your desktop or wherever so you don't have to looking for it.

I will upload uncomp.bat, run this first before you defrag. What that does it it uncompresses any files that have been compressed, so they can be defragged.

Recommended Anti-virus: Avast, there is a free version which you can register. AVAST anti-virus is fast and always scans everything and updates itself. It won't slow down your computer unlike AVG and doesn't take up that much space. It also scans things that other anti-viruses don't like bit torrent, instant messengers etc. It is what I use. If you have any other anti-virus programs installed, uninstall them as if you have more then one anti-virus running they will interfere with one and other.

Use the latest version of Mozilla Firefox if you don't already. Also recommend and add-on called IE Tab which will allow you to visit IE Only sites using Firefox such as Windows updates.

If you use an external email client like Outlook Express, I recommend Mozilla Thunderbird. Like Firefox, it's is a lot more secure and and you can download addons and themes.

If you would like me to list you some add-ons I recommend, email me and send me a PM.

When you download Windows Updates, be sure to download only the security updates.

One more thing, you may also want to download CC Cleaner, what that does is delete temp file, prefetch file and also can clean you registry if you have registry problems. I run this one ever week or so.

That should should do it. I wish you luck. :)

I think there is a problem of the RAM. So I suggest you to increase the RAM. Or if there is no issue of the RAM than there is a problem of the virus. So I suggest you to install the Genuine Antivirus software and scan the computer. Or format the computer.

The program checks your system against a comprehensive database of invasive system software and other commercials. It also features several interface improvements, including multiple skins for dressing up your appearance.

WTF DIE THREAD DIE!

PS windows vista is broken and can't be fixed without buying windows 7 which is the fixed version of vista. Well..... It makes sense in a Microsoft world 0.o

Iobit Advanced System Care Personal

Advanced SystemCare Free (formerly Advanced WindowsCare Personal) has a one-click approach to help protect, repair, clean, and optimize your PC. With over 50 MILLION downloads since 2006, this fantastic, award-winning, free PC repair software is a "must-have" tool for your computer. 100% safe with no adware, spyware, or viruses; a PC maintenance program that’s incredibly easy to use.

Why waste money on expensive "registry cleaners" to fix your PC when Advanced SystemCare Free will repair, tune, and maintain it for you – for free!

Key Benefits
Enjoy That New PC Feeling Again

Whatever version of Windows you’re running, enjoy that “good as new” speed usually only experienced on a brand new PC.
Next-generation Free Windows XP/Vista/7 Registry Cleaner and System Optimization

Safely cleans registry junks, compacts registry bloat and defragments the registry for blistering-fast performance.
Speeds Up PC Performance and Internet Access

Tunes up Windows by releasing the built-in power of your system. Dramatically improves both system and Internet performance by up to 400%.
Quick and Extensive System Clean-up

Boosts your system’s performance with Advanced SystemCare Free, the powerful free XP registry cleaner by cleaning missing files, destroying unwanted files, deleting obsolete files, and removing junk files. Supports deep-cleansing of more than 50 types of junk files.
Powerful Hard Drive Defragmentation

Fast, powerfully and incredibly effective Disk Defrag function to defragment hard drives - up to 10 times faster than other defragmentation tools.
Defends PC Security with Extra Protection

Secure your PC – quickly and easily. Scans and removes spyware and adware using up-to-date definition files. Prevents spyware, hackers and hijackers from installing malicious items on your computer. Erases and updates your PC’s activity history with this powerful free XP registry cleaner. Security and Privacy assured!
Fixes Multiple System Errors

More than a mere free XP registry cleaner – keeps your PC stably and running at peak efficiency.
Extremely Easy to Use

Completes its work with just one click! Scans, repairs and secures your PC in one minute.

100% free with no spyware or adware! Advanced SystemCare Free is a safe and trusted PC protection and maintenance solution from a leading software vendor.

Advanced SystemCare Free Product SpecsCurrent Version: v3.7.2
File Size: 8.45 MB
Operating System: Designed for Windows 7, Vista, XP and 2000
Release Date: Oct. 12, 2010
Designed to: Keep your PC safe, error-free, and running at top speed.
Languages: Albanian, Brasil, Czech, Dansk, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italiano, Japanese, Korean, Persian, Polish, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Srpski, Svenska, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian, Valencian, 简体中文, 繁體中文.

Download Here

While Iobit worked well, I found it messed up my computer. For instance, while I had it, I had to restart my computer daily. But since I've removed it, I rarely restart my computer at all, except for Windows updates and such.

Which by the way, I plan to get Windows 7 soon.

Maybe.

VanillaCreme said:
While Iobit worked well, I found it messed up my computer. For instance, while I had it, I had to restart my computer daily. But since I've removed it, I rarely restart my computer at all, except for Windows updates and such.

Maybe.

The older versions were buggy. The new version works well. I use it once a week just to clean my system.

The thing I like most about ASC is the feature that allows you to manage what starts when my computer starts, there is allot of crap that tend to add itself to your startup sequence, that doesn't show icons in the notification area like adobe update service etc. Once removed windows does start faster.

See attached screenshot of Startup Manager.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 3
MavChat said:
VanillaCreme said:

Maybe.

The older versions were buggy. The new version works well. I use it once a week just to clean my system.

The thing I like most about ASC is the feature that allows you to manage what starts when my computer starts, there is allot of crap that tend to add itself to your startup sequence, that doesn't show icons in the notification area like adobe update service etc. Once removed windows does start faster.

See attached screenshot of Startup Manager.

All it's doing is using the msconfig.exe program that already comes with windows. Type in msconfig into the search box after you click the start globe, same thing. That functionality is already built into windows and has been since windows 95.

or you could just switch to linux, which can run on a computer with 1/4 (or even 1/8) the specs of what Windows requires... and FASTER, too. With more user control.

/shameless plug :p

Latest posts

Back