Slowly going crazy?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

that1guy

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I was just thinking do any of you ever feel that you are so lonely/isolated that you are slowly going crazy? I am home alone alot and computer, tv, and video games only seem to help for so long, but after a while, I start laughing with myself for many different reasons-not only the loneliness, but the fact that I could be doing something better with myself and doing social things but wait, I can't because I don't have much of a social life hahahaha. Do any of you feel this way?

BTW-Playing music and hanging out with this creepy kid I know has been helpful lately. Just thought I would put that out there.

yeah sometimes...I isolated myself for over a year. Then I get bored...then i wanna go hang out but since I didn't
keep in contact with anyone...hince no social life. hahahaaaaa
It's a habit that keeps me in the endless cycle.

I bascailly had to break my cycle...I'm still work in progress. I didn't get this way over night.
I was actaully in a long term relationship. I went to work and bascailly just came home.
I worked around people all day long so I didn't mind coming home to get away from people...
however it did mean I had a much of a social life. Other than that I belong an r/c club.
I also thought I was doing the right thing . Not chasing women, hanging out in clubs and just hanging out with the boyz
on the weekends at the flying field.

However....less and less of my friends came over to visit as time went on. My ex-gf was kind of
controling and insecure. Then my ex-gf relaps into her addiction...gradually I set home alone by myself
almost every night..even through holidays or important days. After a few years of not having a X-mas tree
I didn't expect to celebrate holidays or anything anymore. When my ex-fd and i separate...she bascially stalked
me and made my social life and my life a living hell in general. So after i while...i kind of just kind of gave up.
On top of that her addictions consummed our lives and pretty much destroyed it.
honeysuckle most of the time I felt like I was alone even if she was sitting in the same room with me...
she wasn't there if you know what i mean. So close but yet so far...

I wasn't always a loner or isolated myself. I had a social life..So i knew what that was like,
Actaully i was too social able. I partied almost everynight. hang out a a friend's house, clubs, bars, go
do crazy stuff on the weekends. Bascailly i was never home. i only came home to crash or when my body
gave out.

I went from one extreem to the other. Still trying to find that balance between work, love and play.

Currently...
I have a job...work with people all day.
There's love in my life sort of...she's not living me and she lives far..far away. It's a chioce I'm making.
She's giving me alot of peace and comfort in my heart. I love her very, very much. So far but yet so close.lol
She dosn't want me sitting home alone and isolating. She actaully wants me to go hang out with people.
hahahaa...I remember the day she encouraged me to just play my guitar again...
I didn't really but I ran into a couple of kids I didn't know that was just jamming out...I hung out with them
for a couple of hours....playing and talking about music. It's all good.

She also used to call me everyday in the morning ..spent a couple of hours talking me.
Errr...then it was like...time to go look for work.lmao
She gave me an incentive to get up off of my ass everyday...(hope)

I attend support groups...so it's kind of like a social thing...but not really. It's a far cry from actaully having a social life.
We'll hang out..go out and have dinner..stuff like that.
It's actaully my fualt. My friends in recovery tries to contact me all the time and ask me to go do stuff or just need me
to be there for them sometimes...They even asked me to go jam out with time.

I just want to be able to branch out beyound recovery people...I've had many close friends that wasn't in recovey before.
I've ran into friends in person or reconnected with people I knew from HS from facebook. i want to be able to go beyound
the innetnet, but it's happening at such a slow pace, Kind of like the current relationship I have...

hahahaaaa. A good friend of mine in recovery say somtimes it's like a snail...
A snail might not look like it's moving forward..but it is....A snail also dosn't move backwards :p

The play part seem to be my next challenge. I'm working on it. At least I'm not hanging out at my house all the time anymore.
I not a member of that R/C club anymore...and a couple of my freinds asked me to go jam out with them...but I havn't.
I rather just kick back and be alone...I'm still breaking habits. it's not going to happen overnight.
I do go out and about by myself just putting myself out there. It's a challenge becuase I don't drink anymore.
Plus a decision I've made to not hit up on women. I wanna go dancing with Chelle...i miss dancing with her.
I'm making progress...becuase I'll run into people I havn't seen in years or strangers actaully greets me sometimes.

I don't feel depressed or unhappy at the moment.

It's all good

i feel the same. i never seem to go out and i often have conversations with my cat... staying inside four walls has its ways to make you nuts! i like sitting out in the yard on the grass, its nice to get out side =]

I currently put myself into isolation. I did this because I'm trying to quit smoking pot and if I go out with my peers I know I'll never last (one can only be so strong minded and they pretty much base their lives around drugs). So I've been sitting in my room for a week and yes it will make you nuts. I'm trying to make new friends but I'm not sure that will ever happen (at least in this town anyways). I try and keep as busy as possible but there are times that I'm ready to pull my hair out. The best advice I can tell you is to get out of your house. It doesn't matter if your just going to visit a family member, just get out of the house. I'm coming to grips with the reality that every person really does need people to conversate with, and to share thoughts and opinions with. I know it's hard but if you continue to put effort into your social life I'm sure something will eventually pop up that will help you get out of this isolation.

I tried that sitting at home thingy. There was a time when work got too much for me, I took a week off from work and the whole time, I was either sitting at home just reading or going online to do stuff, punctuated with the occassional going out for groceries.

Gawd, it almost drove me insane. And that was with me going out on and off. Which lead me to think that yeah, sometimes, keeping away from people etc for a short period of time to 'recharge' is good but if its too long a period, that ain't good for your heart...or your soul.

that1guy said:
Hey everyone. I was just thinking do any of you ever feel that you are so lonely/isolated that you are slowly going crazy? I am home alone alot and computer, tv, and video games only seem to help for so long, but after a while, I start laughing with myself for many different reasons-not only the loneliness, but the fact that I could be doing something better with myself and doing social things but wait, I can't because I don't have much of a social life hahahaha. Do any of you feel this way?

BTW-Playing music and hanging out with this creepy kid I know has been helpful lately. Just thought I would put that out there.

Yes to all of this. I'm so tired of spending my evenings and weekends in my flat just listening to the radio or watching TV shows and reacting to them by myself. Now it feels like, every ten minutes I can't concentrate on distractions and find myself wanting to talk to anyone desperately just for small conversation. I used to be comfortable with my own company but I guess too much of it drives you a little crazy, yeah.

If you want anyone to talk to to stop yourself overdosing on the crazy of an evening, PM me, I'd be glad of the company...

Don't sit at home, people!! :D Get out of your houses and DO SOMETHING CRAZY!!!

Ever just gotten a bunch of random people together and gone on a road trip? Ever gone skinny dipping in a local pond with some strangers, just for the hell of it? Ever gone into a Wal-Mart and just started throwing things around and running through the store? You might get banned from the store for that last one, though, so make sure you do it in another state or province. :p

If you ever feel that the excitement in your life is gone, then elevate it. Don't just sit at home and let the idiot-box tell you how you should be or live your life. Get up, turn that crap off, and go do something nutso....preferably with friends, or just strangers, if that's all you have. You'd be surprised at how much common interest you can find with someone when you're out shooting paintball guns at mailboxes or writing grafitti with string cheese.

----Steve

that1guy said:

I feel I've slowly been going crazy since the age of about 18 due to almost constant isolation, anxiety and depression. Music helps me a lot, but having somebody to talk to and share your feelings with is the best thing in the world.

Until a couple of weeks ago I was close to giving up.

At times I do but it does pass. I think that I have a fairly high tolerance for isolation. There were times that I would just lay in bed and stare the the ceiling for hours and then go back to surfing the internet on the weekends. I would sometimes watch space programs and have them ask the question "Can we have Astronauts be alone with 4 people over a six month journey to mars??". I thought, hell I can easily I do that on earth meeting less people and for a longer time period so why not in space!! I am doing even better now that more of my time is occupied. I only meet with about 4-5 co workers day in and day out but I correspond with a few people over the net and keep myself busy learning different things.

Yes, this happens to me. I sit at home and just begin to randomly laugh about something stupid. I also fantisize alot about being with the girl that I'm going to marry and spending time with her and her family. This of course is all fictitious and I sit there and try to entertain the notion that it will come true. I work shift work and that involves working weekends. I like my job and I like going to work because its something that keeps me occupied. There have been times when I had an entire weekend off and I was hoping that I would get called into work just to kill the boredom. The feelings of isolation aren't nearly as bad as they were during previous times in my life but I still feel it when I have alot of time on my hands. I'm trying to find a hobby that I can do at home to keep me better occupied.

Latest posts

Back