Smoking

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't really like it, nor have I ever tried it, but I won't castrate another for doing it. :p

My mom smoked for a while off and on in her life and hasn't smoked in over 4 years, my dad did at one point but quit long before I was born apparently. My sister doesn't smoke at all either.

I don't like it. =/ The smoke itself makes me get a headache. Not to mention actual smoking. =/ Ashtray mouth. :<

I hate breathing it in. Just the smell itself is enough to make me never want to try it. :3

Almost everyone where I live smokes. Or at least it seems like it :p I've gotten kind of used to it but I was walking behind this person today who had a cigarette and I had to hold my breath kind of until we split ways. The smell doesn't really get to me so much as the smoke where I find myself short of breath a little. Ah well. Fact of life I suppose.

I've never smoked.
My dad smoked for about 25 years but quit many years ago cold turkey.
My sister used to smoke too but quit a couple of years ago, now addicted to nicotine gum.
And my brother still smokes, doubt he'll quit.
I don't mind other people smoking as long as I don't have to breathe it second-hand during a conversation,
meaning please don't blow it in my face :p

Yeah. I don't like it when people have no common courtesy to at least blow it away from you instead of blowing it right at you. I mean, yeah, you can just step to the side, but if you're trying to talk to that person then it makes it kinda hard. =\

Just about everyone where I work at the Japanese Steakhouse smokes. I've been getting pretty used to it, but I try to keep my distance from them when they do.

I hate smoking too van, specially when people I care about who I work with have been smoking for years and most likely will die soon enough because of it. I want to make them stop, but I highly doubt it's possible.

I started when I was 13 and quit when I was about 36. Smoked at least a pack a day. Every once in a while when I'm really stressed (like at work tonight) I start to crave one.

I have a cigar on a very rare occasion (maybe 3 times a year? 4?), it's a flavor thing. I don't smoke the swisher sweets or anything like that though...I go for the stogie-lookin' natural flavor ones. The thing about cigars is you don't inhale 'em.

Most of the population around here smokes or chews. Chewing is probably more popular than smoking. It's not at all uncommon to see guys walking around with a big ol' wad of tobacco in their lower lip...the older ones tend to hide it better than the kids though, lol. It can look obnoxious, that's for sure.

My boss smokes about a pack a day. He knows it's bad for him and his last doctor's visit suggested early signs of emphysema :\ He's kind of a bitter person sometimes, so every time he has a coughing fit he just says "Better have another cigarette" and lights up, lol.

The first time I took a drag of a cigar I nearly passed out lol No one told me your not supposed to take it back.

Started to smoke at 20 and stopped nearly 3 years ago. So had 10 years of that disgusting habit.

When I think back to smoking I can not believe now that I would had ever had done that. Really the way I see it is you got to be some kinder of special dumb-ass to light up. I mean there is killing your self then there is killing your self in a nice slow painful way and really if am killing my self I ent paying for it, lmao. Best thing ever that I did was kick that habit. Well have been stooped 3 years on the 4th of February :D

Latest posts

Back