Sneak...sneak...sneak

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, that would have frightened me so much with the phone thing, Darrell.

I understand how people would feel that way about not being into visiting spooky places just for the sake of hoping to see a ghost. But this particular graveyard is so scary just in it's own right (for many reasons) that it's spooky with or without ghosts or paranormal happenings.

Yes, and those animals out there where you jog could give one quite a scare, and especially add to that someone trying to talk to you!

Wow, Lowlander, that's fascinating about your seeing a ghost. I do wonder if it's more 'the location' or 'the people' that ghosts are mostly drawn to?

Darrell_Licht said:
Old thread is old. I have been directed here from another thread where I mention having paranormal experiences as far back as age twelve.

I'm in a good enough mood to share more. Not going to mention any sleep paralysis visions, but incidents where I was fully conscious.

Twelve years old, my sister was fourteen/fifteen. Our parents took us to this annual fair in Haines, Alaska. They have the set of the Disney movie 'White Fang' set up, but as gift shops. There were also tents setup where music was being played, food vendors, rides etc.

I was walking with my sister through this 'White Fang' town/gift shop, we come across a row of pine coffins. I forget why they were there, but I remember feeling pretty weirded out just observing them. My sister nudges me "I dare you to get inside one of those". "eeeh, no way" I replied. I hear a voice pretty say clearly "Are ya sure you don't want to?". I look and I see this skinny guy dressed very much like the gold rush era just staring at me blankly. He wasn't a misty apperation, he really looked like a live person staring back at me.

I turn to my sister I guess to say to the effect "check this guy out" or something. As I thought he was just one of those reenacting people who dress up for these things. I only averted my gaze for a millisecond. I would have at least seen the guy walk away somewhere. But he was completely gone. It dawned on me later how I did not see anybody else dressed up in that era of fashion other than some can-can dancers and a piano player. This guy looked like he could be apart of Soapy Smiths infamous 'Hole in The Wall Gang'. my sister to this day tells me she did not see anybody like I described. She was standing literally right next to me. The guy wasn't whispering to me, but talking to me lively. She would have heard him too. I asked her more than once through the years. It dawned on me then and morso as time went by that it could pretty well been a ghost of some dude who died in that Gold rush era in Haines.. There was alot of death going on at that time. whether in the hands of nature, or gang related activity. I noted the preserved cemeterys full of tombstones marked 'Unknown'.

Little over a year ago, I got visited by a phantom of sorts at my job.. I work as a mariner on a ferry vessel. This particular boat makes a two week trip at a time. So I live on board as I work there.

This thing visited me in my state room three times. About once every trip. So within a span of twelve weeks or so. Same time. around the early AM hours when I would be awake and just staring off trying to fall back asleep.

First incident, I hear my door click inside the jam as if somebody were momentarily trying to open the door. The next moment I heard a voice talk to me, I forgot what it said to me. The next thing was I hear light rapid foot steps swishing toward me (like a person wearing polyester running pants or something). I was sleeping on my side faced toward the door with both my hands pointed away from me hanging over the edge of my bunk. I now see two hands grab my left hand. I guess trying to get a grasp. This went on for about ten/fifteen seconds until the hands stop and the blackest smokey mist envelops the hands before dissipating slowly. I sit up, reach for my bunk light in awe.

Second incident, same place, same time. I was lying on my back. A female humanoid looking entity with dreaded black hair tied back casually climbs on top of my chest in this crouching fashion, but she keeps her head averted from my face.
I'm lying again in awe, wide awake just watching what she is going to do next. She begins turning her head toward my face, the same black mist engulfs her and disappears. I reach to turn my bunk light on. I did not go back to sleep, I get started with my day. She was a grey translucent apperation. What would be heat vapors emanating around a person, was a black mist. She was about the size of a third grader.

Third incident, I'm awakened by what felt like a light thumping of a small closed fist thumping around my torso and a voice antagonizing me and calling me names (I wont' repeat what, as it is kind of personal). I remember staring at her in this 'what the hell do you want now' kind of mild yielding annoyance. When it dawned on me that she's not going to stop thumping on me and harassing me, I said "Jesus, can you please make her stop". She reeled for a moment, I heard an audible -snap- through this flash of red.. Kind of like when somebody hits you in the face.. I never saw her again.

During that time, I had a neighbor who lived upstairs from me. He was a middle aged gentleman who was this passive-aggressive person who harassed everyone. At one point, he was going to be evicted.

He must of had nowhere else to go. He committed suicide in his apartment.

I pulled in with my truck that evening. I was arriving back from the gym, I needed to shower. I noticed there were police cars parked around and officers standing in the foyer leading upstairs. I didn't think too much of it at first. I proceeded to my apartment to take a shower.

I have this watch I take off before I hop in the shower. I get cleaned up, hop out of the shower, go to put my watch back on, the crystal is completely shattered and stopped ticking. This was a glass crystal about the thickness of a coke-bottle. Very confounding indeed. I later decide to head out to the store and pick up another watch. A neighbor was standing there, he see's me and proceeds to tell me what happened.

I heard stories where clocks stop or break in the near vicinity when a person dies their spirit might work up enough interdimensional turbulence to cause that. I guess particularly when there is bad energy present.. I'm open for other suggestions..

Nothing weird happened after that. That was when I heard that after they packed his carcass out, three of the tenants ordered their priest to give a blessing in that place before anybody else did anymore activity in there.. Which was a relief to me. I wouldn't have thought of that.

I got possessed for a few seconds one morning. I cant think of what else could have caused me to clench every muscle in my legs, core, arms, fists, my face contorting in a way I can never replicate if I tried and growling some explicit stuff. Afterward, I felt very sore. Like I just bench-pressed a thousand pounds. I did not work myself up.. just suddenly I went zero to a thousand.

Without mentioning dreams...

chills, I couldn't continue after the coffin story and it's three am here

...I really need to make proof-reading a habit. -Or something lol..

It sucks. I can't really get a good night sleep without a inordinate noise waking me up. I had a sleep paralysis episode a couple mornings ago. Some arms were flailing around me.

Latest posts

Back