Sneak...sneak...sneak

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess most people out there are afraid of admitting they believe in supernatural forces and confessing to what they have witnessed because they think they would be ridiculed and labeled as "lunatics" by the majority of denialists. It's the same case with people who have seen UFOs and believe in extraterrestrial life.

OH, I have a UFO story too. Well, I only heard about this and it happened a long time ago, I dunno if it still happens or not since I don't know anyone who lives in that area anymore.
Anyway, back when my parents were just starting to date, the road that lead from my dad's house to my mom's was back country roads and on one particular stretch of road, cars would just die for no reason at all. This supposedly happened to my dad one time and he got out to see what was wrong with the car and he says he saw something glowing (like glowing in the shape of a person, not a flashlight) running in the wood that surrounded the road. He got back in the car and about 10 minutes after the glow faded his car started again.

That's an interesting story, Callie. There are numerous accounts of systems failing, accompanied by a sighting, such as the UFO anomalies experienced by bomber crews during World War II and by two Iranian fighter pilots in 1978. I wonder if this might be caused by rare occurrences in the Earth's magnetic field, or perhaps man-made EMP radiation. To be honest, I find UFO related things as being scarier than the paranormal.

DreamerDeceiver said:
That's an interesting story, Callie. There are numerous accounts of systems failing, accompanied by a sighting, such as the UFO anomalies experienced by bomber crews during World War II and by two Iranian fighter pilots in 1978. I wonder if this might be caused by rare occurrences in the Earth's magnetic field, or perhaps man-made EMP radiation. To be honest, I find UFO related things as being scarier than the paranormal.

This would have happened in the mid 70's I'm thinking. I don't recall it being said to happen anywhere else, just that one road in one particular spot. As I said tho, I don't know anyone that lives in that area anymore and sure as hell ain't gonna go find out for myself, so...
I believe it happened after midnight as well (not 100% sure about that tho)

I have that problem too John, except it's my and my absent mind that doesn't remember where I put things. :D Really enjoyed some of these stories, wish I had one of my own. :(

Thanks for sharing.

I wish it was that simple!How do you lose a hairdryer that's been in the same cupboard for years,then disappears 2 years ago,and hasn't been seen since?
That's only one example.

Old thread is old. I have been directed here from another thread where I mention having paranormal experiences as far back as age twelve.

I'm in a good enough mood to share more. Not going to mention any sleep paralysis visions, but incidents where I was fully conscious.

Twelve years old, my sister was fourteen/fifteen. Our parents took us to this annual fair in Haines, Alaska. They have the set of the Disney movie 'White Fang' set up, but as gift shops. There were also tents setup where music was being played, food vendors, rides etc.

I was walking with my sister through this 'White Fang' town/gift shop, we come across a row of pine coffins. I forget why they were there, but I remember feeling pretty weirded out just observing them. My sister nudges me "I dare you to get inside one of those". "eeeh, no way" I replied. I hear a voice pretty say clearly "Are ya sure you don't want to?". I look and I see this skinny guy dressed very much like the gold rush era just staring at me blankly. He wasn't a misty apperation, he really looked like a live person staring back at me.

I turn to my sister I guess to say to the effect "check this guy out" or something. As I thought he was just one of those reenacting people who dress up for these things. I only averted my gaze for a millisecond. I would have at least seen the guy walk away somewhere. But he was completely gone. It dawned on me later how I did not see anybody else dressed up in that era of fashion other than some can-can dancers and a piano player. This guy looked like he could be apart of Soapy Smiths infamous 'Hole in The Wall Gang'. my sister to this day tells me she did not see anybody like I described. She was standing literally right next to me. The guy wasn't whispering to me, but talking to me lively. She would have heard him too. I asked her more than once through the years. It dawned on me then and morso as time went by that it could pretty well been a ghost of some dude who died in that Gold rush era in Haines.. There was alot of death going on at that time. whether in the hands of nature, or gang related activity. I noted the preserved cemeterys full of tombstones marked 'Unknown'.

Little over a year ago, I got visited by a phantom of sorts at my job.. I work as a mariner on a ferry vessel. This particular boat makes a two week trip at a time. So I live on board as I work there.

This thing visited me in my state room three times. About once every trip. So within a span of twelve weeks or so. Same time. around the early AM hours when I would be awake and just staring off trying to fall back asleep.

First incident, I hear my door click inside the jam as if somebody were momentarily trying to open the door. The next moment I heard a voice talk to me, I forgot what it said to me. The next thing was I hear light rapid foot steps swishing toward me (like a person wearing polyester running pants or something). I was sleeping on my side faced toward the door with both my hands pointed away from me hanging over the edge of my bunk. I now see two hands grab my left hand. I guess trying to get a grasp. This went on for about ten/fifteen seconds until the hands stop and the blackest smokey mist envelops the hands before dissipating slowly. I sit up, reach for my bunk light in awe.

Second incident, same place, same time. I was lying on my back. A female humanoid looking entity with dreaded black hair tied back casually climbs on top of my chest in this crouching fashion, but she keeps her head averted from my face.
I'm lying again in awe, wide awake just watching what she is going to do next. She begins turning her head toward my face, the same black mist engulfs her and disappears. I reach to turn my bunk light on. I did not go back to sleep, I get started with my day. She was a grey translucent apperation. What would be heat vapors emanating around a person, was a black mist. She was about the size of a third grader.

Third incident, I'm awakened by what felt like a light thumping of a small closed fist thumping around my torso and a voice antagonizing me and calling me names (I wont' repeat what, as it is kind of personal). I remember staring at her in this 'what the hell do you want now' kind of mild yielding annoyance. When it dawned on me that she's not going to stop thumping on me and harassing me, I said "Jesus, can you please make her stop". She reeled for a moment, I heard an audible -snap- through this flash of red.. Kind of like when somebody hits you in the face.. I never saw her again.

During that time, I had a neighbor who lived upstairs from me. He was a middle aged gentleman who was this passive-aggressive person who harassed everyone. At one point, he was going to be evicted.

He must of had nowhere else to go. He committed suicide in his apartment.

I pulled in with my truck that evening. I was arriving back from the gym, I needed to shower. I noticed there were police cars parked around and officers standing in the foyer leading upstairs. I didn't think too much of it at first. I proceeded to my apartment to take a shower.

I have this watch I take off before I hop in the shower. I get cleaned up, hop out of the shower, go to put my watch back on, the crystal is completely shattered and stopped ticking. This was a glass crystal about the thickness of a coke-bottle. Very confounding indeed. I later decide to head out to the store and pick up another watch. A neighbor was standing there, he see's me and proceeds to tell me what happened.

I heard stories where clocks stop or break in the near vicinity when a person dies their spirit might work up enough interdimensional turbulence to cause that. I guess particularly when there is bad energy present.. I'm open for other suggestions..

Nothing weird happened after that. That was when I heard that after they packed his carcass out, three of the tenants ordered their priest to give a blessing in that place before anybody else did anymore activity in there.. Which was a relief to me. I wouldn't have thought of that.

I got possessed for a few seconds one morning. I cant think of what else could have caused me to clench every muscle in my legs, core, arms, fists, my face contorting in a way I can never replicate if I tried and growling some explicit stuff. Afterward, I felt very sore. Like I just bench-pressed a thousand pounds. I did not work myself up.. just suddenly I went zero to a thousand.

Without mentioning dreams...

Oh, this is a fantastic thread, Darrell! I feel like we're dusting the cobwebs off it to read it, almost like exploring a great haunted house, and discovering an old diary, which makes it all the more exciting! I love it and had no idea it was here till Callie told us.

What fascinating experiences you've had! You describe them so well, I felt like I was right there in the moment!

As Shakespeare penned in Hamlet: 'There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.'
And oh my, isn't it the truth? ;)

What a fascinating life it must be, working as a mariner! Hearing stories from people, and seeing and experiencing so much yourself!
Thank you so much for sharing these experiences. I loved your post!

Wow, Darrell, with what you've already seen, that would be enough to last most of us our entire lifetimes! Lol, it's probably a good thing you do have some monotonous times there just so it can help balance things out!

That's a very spooky one, too, Callie, about the house. And I agree, sometimes we can tell by the faces of others around us if they've seen something truly frightening or not.

Love the thread!

I just remembered about one evening when I called my mom on the phone. Both of us on cell phones. The call was dropped. That was after ten seconds of this haze of static and a deep hoarse voice calling me the same names as that last entity was. That was pretty freaky. There's probably a plausible explanation, but it was freaky.

I have a friend/coworker who's seen the same things at work. He's usually very reluctant to talk about things like that. One guy we know won't come back to work because of it.

I also know a guy who's retiring soon, and confided to me that he is going to devote his retirement to UFO endeavors. It's not something you readily bring up for obvious reasons.

My mother did tell me a story about when she was a teenager, herself and some of her friends were messing with a Ouija board. During at one point one of her friends had this laughing seizsure.. That was a chilling story from the way she told it.

It is professed that if a ancestor has so much dipped their toe in the dark realm, evil spirits can attach to you and future generations. I know I sure never went out of my way to delve into anything like that. Besides maybe the music I listen to. Which other people listen to the same crap without any incident. I know very little about my mothers family background. I understand the lot of them are dysfunctional and abusive people.

The whole subject is indeed interesting. When I was at a friends wedding ceremony last weekend (they are catholic). The ceremony was great, but when sitting inside that church I can't help but feel this sort of confliction within the atmosphere. It was incidentally the same church where a former instructor of mine had drowned himself a while ago. It just seems in holy places, is the time and place where good and evil vibes coexist and this turbulence affects the atmosphere.

Exactly, this whole subject is totally fascinating. You've had so many awesome experiences! It would be fun if a bunch of us could sit around a campfire some evening and share about these type things we've seen and heard!

The most adventure I've really had is walking through a cemetery at night. There is one cemetery where it looks great during the day, although still slightly spooky because it's so old.

So my big personal challenge was to walk to a certain point in it at night, and walk back. Doesn't sound that difficult, does it? But oh my, does the ambience of that place ever change after dark. I have never been able to do it. I even had a neighbour go with me one night. We were in an adventurous mood and I thought, oh surely with my neighbour, we can do this. Do you know, Darrell, neither one of us could make ourselves even get to the halfway point! We were so scared that we wound up running back to the car. :D

Of all your experiences, if you had to choose one which unnerved you or scared you the most, which do you think it would be?

Ruthie said:
Of all your experiences, if you had to choose one which unnerved you or scared you the most, which do you think it would be?

The dropped phone conversation with my mother story. I was at home when it happened, I felt as if something is indeed following me around.

The concept with visiting haunted or spooky places never piqued my interest. It seems like a waste of time. For a long time I did not believe in the paranormal subject and pretty much ignored what happened back there at age 12.

But now I might take up on that. I already go jogging at 3:45 every morning.. and its' still dark out and deer and black bear could still be bumming around and I can't see more than 50 feet ahead of me.
It's a little scary, especially when I ran into a reeky inebriate that wanted to use my cell phone.. which I wasn't packing around because I'm jogging.

Well, I've been to a forest with two other people where you can feel things. And I did see a ghost (not sure if it was male or female) walk/stand near a corner of a hedge. And I felt weird when we later returned to that exact spot.

Latest posts

Back