So are any girls ever interested in non-alpha males?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
floffyschneeman said:
Alpha males only exit in packs. When people grow up, they carve their own paths, they make their own stories, having people around them as characters in an epic about their lives. And in turn, they are also just characters in somebody's epic. So I really don't know what people mean when they say ''alpha males''. I always think of wolves when I hear that term. Girls each have their unique preferences in guys just as guys have in girls.

i'd like to think this is the case.

however, in adulthood, it doesn't go away. instead the dynamics of the phenomenon just shift.

in the workplace, there are alphas and betas (male, female, it doesn't matter). we've all seen the guy who gets all of the promotions, the raises, the praise of his supervisors...yet he deserves none of it based on his performance.

what does he have? charisma, charm, presence, confidence...ALPHA

even in the broader societal sense, there are alphas...you know...THE HAVE'S as opposed to the HAVE-NOT'S...yep, they drive Hummers and ride your ass when you are out running errands, they walk directly at you on the sidewalk and force you out of the way, they interrupt, talk louder, and at the end of the day...they force their will on the people around them...ALPHA

it never changes. i deal with "grown ups" every day...and they are usually worse than kindergarteners.

as long as they shower, groom, take care of their health, and have some interests...
anyway, who wants a bully?

i dont want a guy like that. somebody said who wants a bully, this is how i see this alpha male type.

Trent said:
floffyschneeman said:
Alpha males only exit in packs. When people grow up, they carve their own paths, they make their own stories, having people around them as characters in an epic about their lives. And in turn, they are also just characters in somebody's epic. So I really don't know what people mean when they say ''alpha males''. I always think of wolves when I hear that term. Girls each have their unique preferences in guys just as guys have in girls.

i'd like to think this is the case.

however, in adulthood, it doesn't go away. instead the dynamics of the phenomenon just shift.

in the workplace, there are alphas and betas (male, female, it doesn't matter). we've all seen the guy who gets all of the promotions, the raises, the praise of his supervisors...yet he deserves none of it based on his performance.

what does he have? charisma, charm, presence, confidence...ALPHA

even in the broader societal sense, there are alphas...you know...THE HAVE'S as opposed to the HAVE-NOT'S...yep, they drive Hummers and ride your ass when you are out running errands, they walk directly at you on the sidewalk and force you out of the way, they interrupt, talk louder, and at the end of the day...they force their will on the people around them...ALPHA

it never changes. i deal with "grown ups" every day...and they are usually worse than kindergarteners.

There is no alpha male/female if you don't see people as that way. If someone gets a promotion, then good for them. You shouldn't care if they deserve it or not, unless you are the boss. Some people get what they want in bad ways, not good, but it's how they are and how they want to live their lives. Karma will bite them in the ass. Some people get what they deserve even if you don't think they deserve it, you don't know what they do 24/7. Just focus on what you do, do it the best way you can. Care for the people who cares for you and those who need caring and continue to strive to better yourself specially in how you deal with others, with honesty and integrity. Then your focus would be on your life, on yourself, on the people you care about, on the things you care about. Dynamics, societal systems, boss's and minions, those only exit on the surface...if you bother to care.

So to answer... I still stick to what I believe and how I have observed most part of the world..(the world I live in) not everyone care for people because they are famous, good looking, charming, rich, etc. Those things can gain a lot of attraction, crushes. But that's before you get to know the person and how well you two can click.

blackdot said:
do women even exist?

No. All women are men, and all teenage girls are FBI agents.

floffyschneeman said:
There is no alpha male/female if you don't see people as that way. If someone gets a promotion, then good for them. You shouldn't care if they deserve it or not, unless you are the boss. Some people get what they want in bad ways, not good, but it's how they are and how they want to live their lives. Karma will bite them in the ass. Some people get what they deserve even if you don't think they deserve it, you don't know what they do 24/7. Just focus on what you do, do it the best way you can.

And yet some people can decide how you will have more or less money, or even if you can continue living. The fact that people have different power dynamics is a reality; you can bury your head in the sand, but that won't stop someone from ripping your head off in the right context. You might not 'mind' being without your head, of course.

After all, karma will make all things fair, right?

And that's why the world's dictators are all universally benevolent and wonderful dear leaders.

I don't really believe you need to be an alpha to lead. I think that you can be confident in yourself to stand up for what you believe in because there is a good head on your shoulders. Not all whom lead others have a good head on theirs.. I think that if you refer to in school where there is always a popular social group or person that everyone tends to look up to. I don't always think that it's for the right reasons. I myself have always been taught to be a leader, not to be a sheeple. An alpha you may say.. Although I have never in my life been popular or had people really follow me. I've had a lot of people say rude things about me when there was no reason to. That is because I could be the person who didn't need to fit into the social gatherings to be a good person, I didn't need designer clothes to represent what kind of person I was on the inside. People do these things because they try to make people like who they are..We feel like all that really IS in this world is the material objects we have that make them ITEMS. You know the definition of Item? It is a word communicated to represent the letter I. I as in myself, you, or me. Our items define us.. What we have defines what kind of person we are in the world and how others view us. I stay true to myself, that is what you should do too. Don't buy into that alpha nonsense because most of the time what others show on the outside is not what they really are on the inside.

Autumntranspire said:
I don't really believe you need to be an alpha to lead. I think that you can be confident in yourself to stand up for what you believe in because there is a good head on your shoulders. Not all whom lead others have a good head on theirs.. I think that if you refer to in school where there is always a popular social group or person that everyone tends to look up to. I don't always think that it's for the right reasons. I myself have always been taught to be a leader, not to be a sheeple. An alpha you may say.. Although I have never in my life been popular or had people really follow me.

A leader that no one follows is as meaningful as a cake that no one eats. You can't claim to be what objectively you are not; I mean, sure you can claim, but it really makes no sense.

IgnoredOne said:
Autumntranspire said:
I don't really believe you need to be an alpha to lead. I think that you can be confident in yourself to stand up for what you believe in because there is a good head on your shoulders. Not all whom lead others have a good head on theirs.. I think that if you refer to in school where there is always a popular social group or person that everyone tends to look up to. I don't always think that it's for the right reasons. I myself have always been taught to be a leader, not to be a sheeple. An alpha you may say.. Although I have never in my life been popular or had people really follow me.

A leader that no one follows is as meaningful as a cake that no one eats. You can't claim to be what objectively you are not; I mean, sure you can claim, but it really makes no sense.

May I ask what your idea of a leader is?
To me.. A leader is somebody who does not follow the social standards of the world we live in. Have you noticed that most of the people who do stand up for anything meaningful in the world are deemed unfit for society? My idea of a leader is someone who doesn't stand around when a kid you don't even know is getting bullied by someone who is a supposed "leader" and doesn't do anything at all. I am the person who stands up to that person no matter what everyone else thinks and I say hey.. maybe you should self reflect sometime? A "leader" does not stand around with their thumb up their ass. Also, thank you for writing that. Although I never claimed to be a leader, but I have never been taught to not be one.

If there is such a thing as an Alpha male....
The concept or idea would be the top of the food chain kind of dude.
Very few men fit into that fucken cookie cutter alpha male honeysuckle....
So where dose that leave the rest of the men???
Hanging out in Phedron basement? :p

The last I check...when I go out side in public.
Theres chicks dating or married to all kinds of different dudes.

I fed the bird.
Then she's gonna feed the bird to the cat.
Then the cat to the dog.
Then she's gonna eat the dog.
Then I ma eat her :)
Reane6000.jpg

From my own personal experince. I dont think or believe Im an alpha male.
And i dated plenty of women. And plenty of women asked me out.

I cant even say it's because Im a musician or guitar players get more chicks...simply becuase I dont carry
my guitar around all day nor do I use my miscial talent to pick up women.

I can't say it's becuase of money or the car I drive. Becuase Ive been down and out and women still
come on to me or asked me out. Im far from being rich or famous

I cant even say it's my charm...becuase most of the time I dont think or act like Im prince charmng.
I know chivery aint dead...but Im not the type of guy that tell women lots of lines.

I cant even say it's my looks because, i dont fit into the mole of Mr. GQ

I cant even say it's my selfesteem becuase Ive felt like honeysuckle about myself and women still make themselve avaliable to me.

Leadership???...most women dont give a rats ass if I was a manager, supervisor or not...just as long
as I bring home a check and show then a good time. They dont wanna hear about how i bossed people
around all day or about my work....

Obviously it isnt my proper english grammer or spelling.lol

Of course I ve asked women why they like me. What draws them to me.
I get pretty much the same response in general...
becuase they think Im cute, funni, nice, crazy, sweet,smart, sexy, mature, creative, understandinng, loving...ect

Autumntranspire said:
To me.. A leader is somebody who does not follow the social standards of the world we live in. Have you noticed that most of the people who do stand up for anything meaningful in the world are deemed unfit for society? My idea of a leader is someone who doesn't stand around when a kid you don't even know is getting bullied by someone who is a supposed "leader" and doesn't do anything at all. I am the person who stands up to that person no matter what everyone else thinks and I say hey.. maybe you should self reflect sometime? A "leader" does not stand around with their thumb up their ass. Also, thank you for writing that. Although I never claimed to be a leader, but I have never been taught to not be one.

+100

Autumntranspire said:
May I ask what your idea of a leader is?

Someone to whom people follow, for some reason.

This is not a complicated concept. Google also provides easy access to English language dictionaries for further clarification.

History provides plenty of examples of leaders who have stood up for a variety of causes, good or bad, iconoclastic or orthodox, successful or not. Its a description of a role within an organization, rather than of moral activism - although I'm extremely dubious of most people who act who claim to act, but that's something separate. I suppose that I find it exceptionally annoying as having actually had to lead and organize, it is an extremely different set of skills than 'standing up' to anything: vision is just one part of the whole, and communication, inspiration, explanation, and perception are all as equally if not more important. Its like being a 'teacher' but not teaching, its silly at best and hypocritical at worst.

I have to agree with IgnoredOne on this one, a leader is just someone who leads other people down a certain path... sometimes they are possitive leaders, other times not so much.

Lonesome Crow said:
If there is such a thing as an Alpha male....
The concept or idea would be the top of the food chain kind of dude.
Very few men fit into that fucken cookie cutter alpha male honeysuckle....
So where dose that leave the rest of the men???
Hanging out in Phedron basement? :p

The last I check...when I go out side in public.
Theres chicks dating or married to all kinds of different dudes.

I fed the bird.
Then she's gonna feed the bird to the cat.
Then the cat to the dog.
Then she's gonna eat the dog.
Then I ma eat her :)
Reane6000.jpg

From my own personal experince. I dont think or believe Im an alpha male.
And i dated plenty of women. And plenty of women asked me out.

I cant even say it's because Im a musician or guitar players get more chicks...simply becuase I dont carry
my guitar around all day nor do I use my miscial talent to pick up women.

I can't say it's becuase of money or the car I drive. Becuase Ive been down and out and women still
come on to me or asked me out. Im far from being rich or famous

I cant even say it's my charm...becuase most of the time I dont think or act like Im prince charmng.
I know chivery aint dead...but Im not the type of guy that tell women lots of lines.

I cant even say it's my looks because, i dont fit into the mole of Mr. GQ

I cant even say it's my selfesteem becuase Ive felt like honeysuckle about myself and women still make themselve avaliable to me.

Leadership???...most women dont give a rats ass if I was a manager, supervisor or not...just as long
as I bring home a check and show then a good time. They dont wanna hear about how i bossed people
around all day or about my work....

Obviously it isnt my proper english grammer or spelling.lol

Of course I ve asked women why they like me. What draws them to me.
I get pretty much the same response in general...
becuase they think Im cute, funni, nice, crazy, sweet,smart, sexy, mature, creative, understandinng, loving...ect

Dude were do you find all these cool chicks?? I've found like 4 in my 32 years on this messed up planet.

I am NOT interested in alpha males. Horrible, horrible, horrible for me. I just got out of a relationship with an Ivy League educated surgeon who was a male model while in college. His ego was horrendous, and I suddenly broke things off because I couldn't stomach his arrogance.

Had a few failed relationships with other alpha males before that.

So now I'm completely turned off from them. I was never particularly attracted to them in the first place, as I prefer sensitive cuddly teddy bear types, but the alpha males are the only ones who ever approach me. I bet they approach anyone and everyone, that's why.

So if you're the *complete opposite* of an alpha male, you'd certainly appeal to me! :shy:

I hate those juvenile and mentally challenged labels. I thought only teenagers used them.

I find that I tend to like males that like females. And I don't mean in the "their-boobs-are-awesome-therefore-women-are-too" variety of males that "like" females. I mean the kind that genuinely likes the compay of females as friends and relate to them on an emotional level. These types of guys do not do chivalry, they do not treat you like a princess. You are a human being like they are.

I like, love and respect these men.

Latest posts

Back