So I took the GRE today...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kataphractos

Reaction score
Final scores were 580 for Verbal and 560 for Analytical. I feel like a dunce. :(

On top of that, I'm pretty sure I botched up the Issue essay, mainly because I realized too late that the argument I chose was one that I could genuinely not form a clear support or opposition to. It ended up being one massive fudge-up of a hybrid essay that agreed and disagreed with the argument. Think I did alright on the other essay, but I'll be surprised if I get a 4 or better overall.

Any chance you can re-take it and practice to get a better score? Did you get your score back yet?

hey kataphractos

I don't really know what the GRE is but I assume it's something like the ACT or SAT

man I got a 23 the highest possible was a 36, I actually started to cry when I found out, everyone I knew got like a 27 or above,

but I didn't bother to retake it, since it was fortunaly still good enough to go to an in state college, and I wasn't going to go to school at 7am on a saturday to take a goddamned ******* 4 hour test
fresia THAT
sorry,

i just remebered how much thyat sucked, but hey tests are bitches and we all fresia up on them from time to time

if you need to see if you can retake it, maybe find out what parts you got wrong or something

but what's is done is done, and it doesn't help to dwell on it, but i know it's ok to feel bad for a little bit, and although it feels like it, it's not the end of the world

*hugs*

:)

The good thing is that you can re-take the GRE, am I right? That was the case back when I took it, oh, about 15 years ago (holy honeysuckle). I used the test prep books and took a few practice exams.

Besides, test scores only show how well yo can perform that specific sort of test. They're really not a great indicator of your accumulated knowledge base. Sometimes schools will consider transcript scores as more important than the test scores.

Best of luck.

What the heck is a GRE?

I am so old that I had to take my own stone tablet and hammer and chisel to school. The rich kids had marble tablets and a personal eunuch to do the chiseling.

I am so old, the exams were in Sanskrit

I am so old the fashionable school uniform was a leopard skin loincloth

Latest posts

Back