So, I'm new..

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GioRocket

Reaction score
Hi, I'm from Manchester, England. I thought I would have been done with these kind of sites by now but let me explain:

I am 21, throughout most of my teenage years I was pretty lonely, I didn't have many friends(meaning no friends at all) and I went through high school totally alone, no friends, zero confidence, zero social skills, no girlfriend, never been kissed etc etc. Then I joined a new college, and things got better, I got in with some friends, my confidence improved, I even kissed a girl when I was 18, it has been the only time that has happened in my life but it definitely helped my confidence! Then I went to university, and things got even better: I got some more friends, my grades improved dramatically(i'm an A student now, i never thought i'd be able to say that haha),my social skills got so so much better and I went on to better myself further.

I took speech lessons, when I got nervous I tended to speak fast so nobody could understand me, I'm still working on it. I improved my posture(I used to slouch a lot). I took medication to clear up my acne, which is much better now. I replace my glasses with contact lenses. I grew out my strange mullet like hair style, I'm still trying to figure out why I had it like that. I changed quite a lot of things and I really feel like I worked hard!

So I feel like I am at a better place in my life, but the loneliness still creeps up so much, I have still never had a girlfriend, I wouldn't say it handicaps me as much as it used too but it still nags away at me.

So hi everyone, that's my story so far, I guess lol, I joined here hoping to meet new people and I'm sure I'll be making some threads around here pretty soon :)

Hey, Gio - the work you've done and progress you've made sounds really, really impressive - it's very inspiring, actually. I wish you well and nice to have you on here :)

Latest posts

Back