so stressed at work

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danielle

Reaction score
I am need of a little rant... a vent if you all will oblige me...

I am so very stressed at work, I have no help, my boss sucks ass, i am being pulled in a million different directions... i am reaching my breaking point. i can't take it anymore... I feel like i cant take it even one more day. There is nothing more I would like to do that go in there and just quit tomorrow, but i have nothing lined up for income... I will be totally screwed if I were to do that.

I am afraid that i might get to that point of frustration that I just do end up walking out... and i will regret that. I need to find another job... ANYTHING... but since i am single, and have many bills, and live alone.. I need to make a certain amount just to get by... I have been applying to places at a crazy rate, calling them to check on the status of my resume.. etc... people are just not hiring.

I do have a vacation coming up... its for a week and I am going to Maine.. the last week of August.. but even that wont be enough time to clear my head, and come back feeling fresh... I just don't know what to do...

thanks for reading... if you have...

Every time you get frustrated, think about how lucky you are to at least have a job.
My whole family has been out of work for months.
Maybe you're getting stretched in all kinds of directions because your company has been downsizing, so they need you to do more things? I know it's hard to be appreciative when you're really pissed off, but you know what? At least you're getting paid. :)

It sucks to be in a job that you loathe, Dani. (((((hugs)))))

I hope you find something else soon. Try to look forward to your vacation and take a lot of "you" time and enjoy it as much as possible.

god i KNOW how you feel!!!!!

i feel for you. hang in there! i truly hope you find something better soon and i hope you'll be alright until then!!!!

we can do it!

Thanks guys... i know i should be happy to have a job, and I am. It's just been really tough lately to appreciate it these days. I will give it my best, but I won't stop looking for something else.

At least you're applying like crazy. You're on a better track than me at the moment. I feel the same way. Sick of my job, boss sucks ass (not because he's mean to me or anything but for other reasons), and no one to rely on but myself. I must have work/income. I've been trying to get myself to a point where I am submitting apps on a regular basis. I don't think I'm going to lose control over myself to end the job on a bad note, but I am incredibly sick of the job.

I'm sorry you're in this, Dani. It's totally shitty to be in a job you just loathe. It is every bit as stressful as being unemployed, and I know this because I've been in both positions. Keep looking and let's hope that you find something soon!

Also, let's hope I get the job I just interviewed for! :D xoxo

Dani & ctf-
I hope both of you can get and enjoy new jobs. It's so true a job you hate can really take it out of you. Been there, done that,,,NOT good.

I hope things get better, Dani. Hang in there, and good luck with the job hunt!

Stress at work = A 14-hour shift of stuffing around 30,000 newspapers with 5 different ad inserts by hand because some dipshit broke the machinery and the press was late running the paper to begin with because the pants didn't finish their articles on time due to a ******* office party celebrating some stupid honeysuckle that us guys on the floor never found out about.

lol

Latest posts

Back