So that's the end of that chapter?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dear-_-Tragedy

Reaction score
I handed in my keys to my house at university on Saturday. I wont be going back to that house again. On that day I felt very nostalgic about all the good times I have had at uni, and the bad times...but mostly good and it just makes me sad because I feel like it is the end of my youth, the end of partying like I'm invincible (which I found out the hard way I'm really not) I feel like there is nothing left for me socially and all my uni friends are slowly going to lose interest in me. I'm going to miss all of those parties and good times. I will especially miss first year which was perfect.

I often think I should have done things differently at uni. Like not fall in love with someone in the first **** semester of the first year. I should have kept my heart on my sleeve. I think I would have had a lot more fun and I wouldn't have wound up in such a mess. I can't blame it all on love though. I shouldn't have done all those drugs...my mental illness was a long time coming even before uni. I had to learn though that what I was taking was bad for me and now that I have I just feel like part of my life is over now. The young naive part. Not a care in the world.

So yeah, I handed in my keys on Saturday and I'm now living with my parents again and will do for my final year at uni (I will commute). I think this will help me academically, financially, mentally and physically. But I will also lose that freedom of living at uni with new fresh people. I feel like I'm losing part of myself :( the laid back, care free and fun side. Now all that is left is being a slave to money. Working, working, working just to survive. I know I have most of my friends at home and I know I may find an amazing girl one day but right now I can't see it happening.

I'd like to leave a song I wrote here:

Lyrics:

welcome to my life now another weekend of getting drunk
I'm bored of these streets now and I am tired and getting cold
As I walk these roads I contemplate the years gone by
Where did these years go where did those times go
I miss them so

I want to stay 18 forever so I will never say goodbye
To all the endless party and romance
I wished upon a starry sky

There's no one around now all my friends have gone away
Cause they've all grown up now and got a job and moved away
What can I do now I'm living the past I don't know why
I miss the laughter the awesome music and getting high

I wished upon a starry sky

There's no way of turning back the clocks
I just know I'll miss those times a lot
but in time i'll make it through the days
I'll be okay

I wished upon a starry sky x2

Yeah it sucks when one chapter of your life is over, but a new one is beginning hopefully filled with new exciting life experiences for you. It doesn't have to be all bad that you are leaving this part of your life behind. Not with today's world of social media you can always keep in touch.

This is going to sound so cheesy and i apologise but..

Why not look at this as the start of a whole new chapter and beginning filled with excitement of whats unknown to come rather then just being down and negative over the end of the current one?

Easier said then done but again as they say 'time is a healer'!

Yeah, gotta agree with Sci-Fi & Sammy. Look ahead with what you've gained and learned from these years, and do better. :)

Good luck, DT - you know you've always got my support here anytime.

*Sammy* said:
This is going to sound so cheesy and i apologise but..

Why not look at this as the start of a whole new chapter and beginning filled with excitement of whats unknown to come rather then just being down and negative over the end of the current one?

Easier said then done but again as they say 'time is a healer'!

I agree with this. Face your future challenges head on. Work to make them as good as Uni experiences. If you set yourself up for failure, chances are, you will fail. So don't see things negatively!

Don't say you don't see something happening. I don't know anyone that can see the future, do you?

I wasted my first semester at my university after going through a couple of unfortunate events reminiscing the high school years, and I really wish I had used that time to think about what I want to do with my 4 years here. It's always important to remember the past, the good and the bad. Just make sure you don't regret anything you did, because you made your decision based on your beliefs then. Thinking about hypothetical situations where you knew the outcome is pointless. Spend some time setting some goals and steps to reach those goals. Work may take most of your time, but it will make the little time you have to do other things even more precious and wonderful.. And if you find work that you enjoy doing, or work where you can meet a lot of people, you may even enjoy the time you spend as a "slave to money".

There is no point fighting the inevitable. You can't be 18 forever, so make the most of the remaining 5/6 of your life.

Latest posts

Back