So upset because my therapist cancelled

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FGRcat2CN

Reaction score
I'm pretty upset tonight because my therapist cancelled our appointment at the last minute. This really bothers me because I have no one else to talk about the things that we talk about, and now I have to wait another week to unburden myself. I had been making such progress in overcoming my loneliness and in getting enough strength to get out of my comfort zone. And now I'll have to wait until next week to talk. :( How do you all handle it?

In general, if your looking forward to something and it's took away from you last minute, it leaves you feeling very frustrated, but when it's also something you depend on, I always feel like I'm going to burst!

What you have to realise is that everything isn't a constant, not everything stays the same and this is just a delay. Think of this as a small test to see how you do? I'm sure you'll see your therapist again next week and in the mean time, you can always talk to people on here. They may not be great therapists but I for one am a good listener.

I am sorry to hear that. Its quiet irksome but you can talk about your feelings here, if you feel like. We will listen and try our best to make you feel better.

9006 said:
In general, if your looking forward to something and it's took away from you last minute, it leaves you feeling very frustrated, but when it's also something you depend on, I always feel like I'm going to burst!

What you have to realise is that everything isn't a constant, not everything stays the same and this is just a delay. Think of this as a small test to see how you do? I'm sure you'll see your therapist again next week and in the mean time, you can always talk to people on here. They may not be great therapists but I for one am a good listener.

You're right; I guess after a very long day it was a little frustrating to have it cancelled at the last minute. I will see her again next week. In the meantime, I am redoubling my efforts to address what got me in to therapy in the first place. Thanks to all.

Latest posts

Back