So what have you done today ?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duff

Reaction score
I got up at 8am, had a coffee. I wanted to watch my Ryder cup dvd before my Dad got control of the TV. Watched that until about 11am. Since then just moped around the house, either reading my book (Ryder cup again) or looking up crap on the internet.

Had xmas dinner at 2pm.

I've had one text from a female friend and a couple of messages on facebook.

That's about it. Hoping to watch the new Batman dvd tonight !

Had on OK day really. Saw some family then came home, read forums and had a few beers. Then got told by my ex how much she hates me. lol.

I laugh but it's not really funny.

Laugh or die world.

Are those who have some people around allowed to ***** about them? Or is this reserved only for lonely people? I'm not alone but I feel lonely. Feel like nobody really understands me (how can they if I keep bottling things up?) and their response to my weird behaviour is anger towards me and not talking to me.
I'm depressed and extremely sad. And I'm a rather closed person so I don't talk about it. I spent last night at my mother's which was a disaster for me. Coz first I had to wait until they finished drinking, then the bed turned out to be so **** uncomfy, and the whole flat stank of cigarettes /I don't smoke/ and I found it difficult to breathe, concentrate, fall asleep. So I spent the whole night tossing and turning. I got up. Ate way too much. Felt guilty. Ate more to choke the guiltiness in me. Or gluttony.. What else? Oh, went to another part of the family where I...sat for 4 hrs, not uttering a word. Coz I didn't feel like talking. Coz I had nothing to talk about. I prefer to listen. I didn't eat but inhaled some more of the cigarettes' smoke.. Came back home. Dozed off. Woke up. Ate. Argued without even arguing. Now I can't go to sleep. I think I hate my life. Or myself. Both, actually.

Today was Christmas. I did everything I could do to distract myself from that fact, and knowing I'm all alone here. So I kept going back to sleep, then reading a book, spent hours updating my computer applications, then finally getting around to taking a shower about midnight or 1 am. Now it's almost 4 am. My whole schedule has been whacked all week, and I need to get my ass back on schedule.

Plus I quit cigarettes 5 days ago. So I am bouncing off the walls, and my anxiety and depression are through the roof. My entire body chemistry feels whacked to hell, but I gotta keep it together the best I can, otherwise I'm just going to go into breakdown mode.

To all of those who deal with depression: Watch as many comedies as you possibly can, and watch comedians or download their mp3's. You have to keep yourself laughing as much as possible, and keep your mind focused on other honeysuckle. Believe me, I know all too well. 2012 has been the worst year of my entire life, and I pray to God or the universe or whatever is out there that 2013 will bring some kind of change and miracle. I am trying to bring change into my life, trying hard, but this year has been a very unlucky year. I would not be surprised if a grand piano fell out of the clear blue sky and landed on my head, for crying out loud. Fate has honeysuckle in my cornflakes, and it's a goddam miracle I haven't snapped. Oh, wait, I have snapped. LMAO. Not trying to *****, but hey, isn't this a forum for exactly that? Releasing the tension?

That and a little bit more, depending on what you want.

When I'm in 'must watch a comedy to rid the feeling of wanting to off myself' mode, I like to watch Curb Your Enthusiasm. Really reminds me of exactly who I'm going to be when I'm older. Probably am now in fact. Minus the money.

Congrats for giving up smoking. People who really struggle with it probably hate me for saying this, but I gave up about a year ago and found it so ridiculously easy. Going from habitual addict to none at all with little withdrawals was quite unexpected. And the most smug part? I can smoke when out with friends, and the next day I am still a non-smoker. The downside is I don't feel much healthier for it and life is still honeysuckle but hey, one step at a time and all that jazz.

Did the whole opening gifts, breakfast, set up my mom's new phone and answering machine, played my new video game (Lego Lord of the Rings), had Christmas dinner, played more of my video game, then watched The Dark Knight Rises. Now I'm here. :)

Oh,that's so awesome you quit, ThisSideOfTheRainbow. I hope you will make it!!!

Do you ever watch 'Whose line is it anyway'? I love that show. And recently, to keep me off my feeling blue mode, I've watched 'Miranda' (British TV series), anybody's seen it? It's soo funny.

Books are also good to get ur mind off things ;)

I'm going to spend the whole day in my bed. Watching, reading, writing.

Sci-Fi said:
Did the whole opening gifts, breakfast, set up my mom's new phone and answering machine, played my new video game (Lego Lord of the Rings), had Christmas dinner, played more of my video game, then watched The Dark Knight Rises. Now I'm here. :)

lol I watched The Dark Knight Rises as well !

It was too long but still pretty good !

DeBe said:
Oh,that's so awesome you quit, ThisSideOfTheRainbow. I hope you will make it!!!

Do you ever watch 'Whose line is it anyway'? I love that show. And recently, to keep me off my feeling blue mode, I've watched 'Miranda' (British TV series), anybody's seen it? It's soo funny.

Books are also good to get ur mind off things ;)

I'm going to spend the whole day in my bed. Watching, reading, writing.

I have watched Miranda and Whose Line and they are indeed hilarious!

My day went pretty slowly. Woke up around 10, did the usual present opening thing, watched comedian Micheal McIntryes DVD and then went to my extended families house, that's when things went downhill. I don't like to think of my extended family as my real family, considering they have all(all 14 of them) pretty much bullied me in the past, but as my mother loves them, I can put up with. The didn't bully me, just openly ignored me for 6 hours lol so yeah, it was a long day xD

However Christmas Day was saved by my Star Trek Next Generation DVD, which I could watch when I finally got home. So escaping to the Star Trek universe saved my Christmas haha

Well I've only been up for about 2 hours. I woke up.. got online.. read a message... took a shower, ate breakfast and here I am.

Went to post office, went to store, went to get lunch, came home, dropped my sister off at work, spent time with son, looked online for ideas for drawing, bought a cd online, took a nap for a couple hours, made some dinner, tea, sitting here.

Had a green smoothie for breakfast.

Wrote up an 8D report for a system outage over the holiday

Diagnosed why one of our Linux servers was running out of disk space

Configured Nagios to monitor disk space on our Linux Servers via SNMP

Wrote up an 8D report on the outage today caused by a hung server causing the data queue on the above Linux server to cause the disk space issue

LonelyInAtl said:
Had a green smoothie for breakfast.

Wrote up an 8D report for a system outage over the holiday

Diagnosed why one of our Linux servers was running out of disk space

Configured Nagios to monitor disk space on our Linux Servers via SNMP

Wrote up an 8D report on the outage today caused by a hung server causing the data queue on the above Linux server to cause the disk space issue

sounds geeky lol. I usually find turning something off and on does the trick!
Hmm if that was the solution, would you have to write a 8D report for that too?

I went to a friend's place for xmas dinner. No tree or decorations there. Came home to my bare apartment. No tree or decorations here too .Messaged my son who didnt enjoy his christmas. Had a short conversation. Was mad because he didn't call me today. Kept telling myself it was just another day and it felt that way too.

Got the day after christmas blues. Still stunned over how it didnt feel like xmas to me. But survived the day.

Latest posts

Back