So why am I here?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whirligig

Reaction score
Easy. I have hardly any friends. Maybe one or two halfway close friends, but they're more drinking buddies than anything else. People for whom I can slap on my 'party face' and act like a drunken idiot. They seem to enjoy that, though I usually wake up hating myself.

Somewhere along the line all of my friends from university and life in general have disappeared, and I'm all on my own. I have a girlfriend, but I've managed to trash the relationship through idiotic behaviour patterns which I believe are partially due to a desire to belong. The only time I interact with the world is at work, where I'm a primary school teacher. Otherwise I find myself bereft of people to talk to. So I'm here, in the hope of building up some sort of social network.

Does anybody else have that feeling that the rest of the world was handed a rulebook on how to interact and behave, and how to be social creatures, and you somehow missed it? That's me.

Whirligig said:
Does anybody else have that feeling that the rest of the world was handed a rulebook on how to interact and behave, and how to be social creatures, and you somehow missed it? That's me.

You're not the only one there, I must have missed this 'rulebook' too...

Anyway welcome :)

As far as rulebooks go, I'm baffled as well. Little help in that regard, but we'll stand next to you. At any rate, welcome to the site. It's good to meet you.

Hi Whirligig :)

*The Cursed One* said:
Whirligig said:

You're not the only one there, I must have missed this 'rulebook' too...

No one told me about the rulebook :O

Whirligig said:

Thats an amazing way to put it and that is exactly how I feel. I'm new to this site as well and it seems like a great place but anyways hi and I hope we both enjoy our stay here :).

Latest posts

Back