Socially retarded

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warped

Reaction score
Is how weed makes me act and feel, in the past couple of weeks. I love smoking weed, but lately I just embarrass myself. My friends are noticing I'm acting awkward and weird and don't know why, but neither do I. Perhaps I will just start smoking privately.

Tips or suggestions? Anybody else act like a socially awkward idiot when they get high?

If you can'r behave in public while high, then don"t do it before you go out, it's not worth it. If you're just going to tweak out, then there is a higher possibility that someone will figure it out, and that will freak you out more. Then what happens if someone asks?
Know your limits and respect them, but your freedom will grow in time.

When I first started smoking pot I used to just cut loose and be a comedian, after a few years I noticed that my behavior was borderline retarded. It was really hard for me to carry on a conversation with others and it's harder to find female potheads, if you find one then it's an instant connection and conversation but those are far and few between. The conversations start to revolve around how much was smoked/here/when/where/how.

If you're already having trouble being mellow and cool in public then haha my friend, you are in deep honeysuckle.

I never do remember acting like a "social awkward idiot" when I USED TO smoke weed. I am glad I stopped using illegal drugs so I never got the chance to see if that would happen to me...and, of course, that certainly isn't the main reason I don't use anymore!

Nah nah, your not feelin me bro's. This has only happened twice. I begin to see that I think it's due to issues going on in my head and environment, and I need a clear head to think, and getting high just trapped me. This is a very touchy subject because I know some people think weed just makes you retarded period and okay that's your opinion, but I use it in a more, relaxing and opening my mind way. May not make sense to you, IDGAF, I just got kind of freaked out and wanted to see if any other weed users out there have just had really bad highs. (wasn't laced btw). But perhaps it's just me and I need to clean my head before I bring in the THC.

My problem wasn't from weed, but from alcohol. I don't drink much, but when I do it's to get very drunk. Most people think I am a very annoying drunk, so much so that I've lost contacts and even a job (I was not on the clock BTW). Drinking seems to numb the emotional pain, but at least in my situation seems to make most people hate me.

I'd cut loose the drugs for starts.

Not my place to judge people, I've never done drugs myself and I don't plan to. It's up to you to do what you want in your spare time.

However, that stuff really doesn't make a person more attractive socially. I've met quite a few people who do cannabis and generally I find it makes them harder to engage with, not more "laid back" as many who smoke it seem to think.

It has all of the connotations of smoking tobacco (bad breath, smell, health issues) plus the added dimension that being "high" can actually make you come across as a bit of an idiot in front of others.

As a non-smoker, being around "blissed out" people is annoying. No one wants to hold a smart conversation with you half the time and it's hard to explain, but it seems kind of...selfish? It's sort of like putting self-gratification before the person you're hanging out with.

I dunno, that's the best I can explain it.

But yeah, "potheads" (who I'd define as those who smoke as a habit) are not really very attractive or fun to be around if you're not into that stuff. If you like it too much to quit, at least consider cutting down a bit.

Of course, doing drugs also carries (however unfairly you may think) other labels, such as being reckless and/or hedonistic. So think carefully about what unintended impressions you may be giving people with your drug use too.

Apologies if any of this offended you, but my advice is useless if I'm not honest with my thoughts :)

hmm there has been a few times where I thought I would act weird or awkward if I did anything. So I ended up completely immobile for like 20 minutes. I just ran scenarios in my head of things I would do, or say, in response to the conversation my friends were having around me. It was very odd. Maybe try a different strain? different strains have different effects.

holy honeysuckle theres enough judgement in this thread to fill my grandmother's saggy snatch, no wonder some of you are so lonely

for the record i dont smoke, drink, or use any other drug nor have i in about 4+ years, but did have a phase in adolescence where i was VERY interested in drugs of all kinds. from that experience i can guarantee all of you the the least likely thing to engage someone in 'warped's position is a bunch of 'DONT DO DAT STOOPID HERPDERP' pedestal talk

honestly man, (and i smoked herb everyday for about 6 years prior to quitting) it effects everyone differently. the most fun i ever had with marijuana was fooling around in the dark with a cute girl or spending time alone with some good music and my own thoughts. however i have met MANY OTHER INDIVIDUALS for whom it WAS an enjoyable social drug. i just realized after a while that i wasnt one of those people, and that i dont have the personality type to do drugs 'once in a while'. i dont miss it or feel tempted around others using it at all anymore. i think youre quite correct when you say that when using you will be more sensitive to your environment and that this will impact your thoughts and actions perhaps moreso than when sober.

the other thing to keep in mind is that high school is the pinnacle of insecurity in about 99% of peoples lives, and that marijuana is a psychoactive. you might be surprised to discover how many of your friends experience similar feelings about themselves both high as well as sober, especially those prone to pointing out 'stupidity' or 'social retardedness' in others

Try getting into rehab, and seeing if that helps.

I don't have any advice, other than that. I've never smoked weed. My anxiety comes naturally, not drug related. But from what I've understood, weed anxiety is very common...so you shouldn't feel weird about it. It happens.

warped said:
Is how weed makes me act and feel, in the past couple of weeks. I love smoking weed, but lately I just embarrass myself. My friends are noticing I'm acting awkward and weird and don't know why, but neither do I. Perhaps I will just start smoking privately.

Tips or suggestions? Anybody else act like a socially awkward idiot when they get high?

same honeysuckle happens to me.

i think the only cure is to 1.) smoke less or 2.) smoke a fresia ton in private so that your tollerence increases, thus making it easier to keep your cool when smoking with others

How about stop smoking weed?

When I used to go to parties in my younger years and had known by then it made me paranoid so I stopped, I would tell whoever passed me a joint--no, I don't do that anymore--and everytime, I would either get no reaction, or hear, "that's cool", or "ya gotta do what ya wanna do" or something like that.

I understand when you say you love smoking weed, I liked it for a short time, but is it really worth it? It will do more to your brain and body than make you act like a socially awkward idiot.

A lot of people act that way when they aren't high!

Latest posts

Back