Solitary's Mini Successes

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IgnoredOne said:
Wave to a girl!

Believe it or not, I've found that flirting outageously can work too if its someone you don't care too much about necessarily keeping the attention of. More importantly, it bashes the hell out of the shell that we've made for ourselves and it can be a surprisingly good idea just for that. And sometimes, it genuinely works out well.

See!

**** it all, Solitaire! Be memorable in a cute way and bring her out of her shell.

Lol, still no waving. I may try it tomorrow.

Cute Girl™ did however sit next to me today, on her own choice. Very pleased! :)

I waved at a girl! My crush sort of girl too.

However, it was a goodbye wave after I sort of went into nervous overdrive in our conversation. I really hope I didn't make a tit of myself, wouldn't be surprised if I did though :rolleyes2:

I just talk the most absolutely vacuous honeysuckle when I chat with her, it's like a different, schizophrenic personality takes over XD

Anyway, at least I talked to her more, right? Hmmm.

Have you played Dragon Age 2? If so, do you remember the love plot with Aveline and guardsman Donnic? Your love life sort of reminds me of that. :D

Equinox said:
Have you played Dragon Age 2? If so, do you remember the love plot with Aveline and guardsman Donnic? Your love life sort of reminds me of that. :D

Thank you for reminding me that I really must buy it at some point!

I did play DA 1, as a fat, bumbling Dwarf who could barely wield his oversized sword properly. Much fun was had, even if I did get utterly maimed by the difficulty curve in the later parts of the game :p

Never got around to the second one. Did look up that subplot on the wiki though, and you're right, it does seem to be that kind of situation.

Unfortunately I lack a suave protagonist to come along and make things work. Unless perhaps I am the suave protagonist, in which case I need some practice :cool:

I could be your suave protagonist! Just get me the girl's email address, and all will be taken care of. :D

Equinox said:
I could be your suave protagonist! Just get me the girl's email address, and all will be taken care of. :D

You know, I'm almost tempted, lol :p

Though I also feel tempted to fight Darkspawn instead of studying for my degree :\

Degress are overrated. Darkspawn will destroy the world, you know. Isn't that way more important to deal with?

Oh wait, that's not the encouragement I should be giving, is it ..? I guess it's a good thing I'm not anyone's mother. :rolleyes:

Equinox said:
Degrees are overrated. Darkspawn will destroy the world, you know. Isn't that way more important to deal with?

Oh wait, that's not the encouragement I should be giving, is it ..? I guess it's a good thing I'm not anyone's mother. :rolleyes:

I don't know, I'd be quite happy if my mother told me that the key to academic success was to marry my Xbox :D

Annyway, something really cool happened to me since that party yesterday. I feel like I "get" people a bit, for the first time in ages.

As in, I'm an actual human being who can enjoy being social rather than a disapproving onlooker. It's a very strange but pleasant feeling!

Somehow all of the people I met have jumped from being colleagues to friends. Weird how a few hugs can make me feel so differently like that, I think I really needed the social contact and I perhaps didn't realise how long it'd been.

Not even kidding, it's like I've had a real revelation. I was so detached from everything...

Now I just wish there'd been parties like that a year ago, so I hadn't spent the whole time being such a shut-in :rolleyes2:

Good for you, dude! A hug is everything. It creates bonds, it comforts, it supports, it makes you feel better. I think people should hug more, in general. :)

Equinox said:
Good for you, dude! A hug is everything. It creates bonds, it comforts, it supports, it makes you feel better. I think people should hug more, in general. :)

I agree completely :p

Minute I got hugged I was like "Wow, this person is really cool. Why have I not got to know them like this sooner?"

I'm also really looking forward to next Friday or whenever else I can next get out there. I've never felt like that before. I think yesterday perhaps made me realise that it's okay to have fun sometimes :D

If hugs are that good, kisses must be on another planet. I'm very excited.

I had such a good day today!

I started it by making an effort to talk with my workmates more, which surprisingly went really well. I had a good chat with them, joked around quite a lot and we got a group project done much more quickly than the others as a result. Just felt like I got along great with everyone.

I was boosted quite a lot by that, and I managed to keep it up later in the day. I sat on my own at lunch (unfortunate but bearable this time) but when it came to my lecture I greeted everyone, managed to chat in a group for a bit and then (the best part, easily...) sat next to the girl I like. Actually next to her, not a row, seat or whatever away :D

I didn't push my luck too far but I did hold several short conversations with her and got her to smile a few times. I even (inadvertantly) touched her gorgeous hair a bit :p

Made such a difference when I got home, felt like a new person. Here's hoping it lasts :)

Why have I not seen this thread earlier? :O It's a great idea to keep a record of all your happy events, I used to do that when I was in a little bit more of a depression.

Wow, things are really turning out well for you. :) Next time definitely ask her for her number. ;) If you don't want to be too forward, you can say you'd like someone to be able to call about the class. Keep it coming with the success stories!

meekthoughts said:
Why have I not seen this thread earlier? :O It's a great idea to keep a record of all your happy events, I used to do that when I was in a little bit more of a depression.

Wow, things are really turning out well for you. :) Next time definitely ask her for her number. ;) If you don't want to be too forward, you can say you'd like someone to be able to call about the class. Keep it coming with the success stories!

Whoa, you really think I should? :)

I'm kinda torn. I think she must like me to some extent, definitely, but she's very quiet and I have a feeling I'll terrify her if I'm too hasty.

On the other hand, it's like she wants me to be a bit more friendly. I think I'll try and keep up this chattiness and see if she starts to get a bit more talkative, after which I will promptly snog-err...get her number :p

"Too hasty"? Dude, haven't you been mooning over her for months already? You're way beyond being "too hasty"! :p

Equinox said:
"Too hasty"? Dude, haven't you been mooning over her for months already? You're way beyond being "too hasty"! :p

Lol. This is really true, but in all that time I've not really been in much contact with her.

I'm generally really awkward asking for numbers, even with other guys.

I've never asked for a girl's number, a couple of girls have offered their numbers but I've never actually queried for them.

I have no idea what to say. "Hey, could I get your number even though we've only spoken twice in the last 2 weeks and you've known me for months and I never asked?" :shy:

Coffee first perhaps. Then her number...if she says yes to coffee. Mustn't get my hopes up! :p

I've never really understood the thing about asking for someone's number, anyway. It's something I've only seen happen on American TV shows. From my experience, if you like someone, you ask them out (lunch, dinner, whatnot), and if it goes well, someones says "I had a nice time, do you wanna meet up again later on?" and when the other person says yes, they exchange numbers. If someone I didn't really know (or knew at all) asked me for my number, I'd think he was insane. :p

Equinox said:
I've never really understood the thing about asking for someone's number, anyway. It's something I've only seen happen on American TV shows. From my experience, if you like someone, you ask them out (lunch, dinner, whatnot), and if it goes well, someones says "I had a nice time, do you wanna meet up again later on?" and when the other person says yes, they exchange numbers. If someone I didn't really know (or knew at all) asked me for my number, I'd think he was insane. :p

That last sentence really clarified for me that it's too early to do that, heh.

Awww. I'm stuck in the same crappy old situation.

It's weird, she talks to other guys a lot more, even when I was sat with her. I start thinking "she just wants to be friends", and then she'll suddenly shoot me a half-smiling glance when I walk into the room, or start holding eye contact with me. She's a confusing one alright.

Willing to put up with it if I get to kiss her at some point though :D

I may be wrong, but ... If she A) initiates conversation with other guys, B) appears to ignore you more, but C) smiles at you and keep eye contact with you ... To me, this is retarded girl language for "I like you, but I want you to make the first move".

That sort of behaviour is either a classic "I'm interested in this guy so I'll try to make him jealous by talking more to everyone else so that he'll make a move" or an equally classic "I'm a ***** and I like to play mind games". Judging from what you know about her so far, which one seems more likely? Go.

Latest posts

Back