Solitary's Mini Successes

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pezza said:
This is my Favorite thread on the forum

I hope things go well for you next week TSM :)

Hey Pezza, thanks for the feedback! ^^

My hopes have lowered themselves a little. Must be cautious not to be optimistic, I know where that road leads and it's a bumpy one... :p

Still, we'll see if she remembers, eh?

Went to London again yesterday to look at an art gallery.

Turned out to be pretty good fun! I may try to do something more outgoing like that each weekend. I'm going to try to go dancing tomorrow.

Also had another "epic lady moment". Who says Paris is the City of Love? :D

This girl walking along with her mother by the look of it, they were both carrying shopping bags. She struck me a bit the moment I saw her. She was wearing some lovely jeans, a nice blue top and had a pretty huge black handbag.

Long brown hair, sweet eyes (blue I think) and a really pretty face. I thought "Hmm, I should try to actually look at her properly and see what she does."

So I did. Her eyes flicked to me and she looked kind of surprised, then looked straight ahead again. So I decided to do a proper smile at her when she got a bit closer and she looked right into my eyes.

Not actually sure if she smiled back, my eyes were sort of locked on hers! She had more of a sort of attentive/inquisitive look on her face. But she looked at me all the while she went past.

My stomach kind of did a backflip actually, my shyness got the better of me and I looked at the floor again when she got really close :shy:

So yeah, I really have to stop meeting all these amazing ladies in the middle of the street far away from home :rolleyes:

I've noticed something really quite bizarre (yet oddly satisfying) lately.

Apparently I've turned into a hilarious comedian over the space of a week, at least when I have a female audience. What's triggered it?

Buying new shirts. :D

With more recent tighter shirts, lots of ladies seem to laugh at stuff I say without any prompting at all! I've always enjoyed making girls laugh joking around with them, but it's sort of...weird now? I guess they like my appearance and so get giggly or whatever.

But I'll say something mildly amusing to a girl that is frankly quite lame compared to my usual standard of humour and I'll get a outburst of laughter that makes me feel like a young Ronnie Corbett.

So I'm not quite used to it, it's sort of like I've slipped into a parallel universe where I'm somewhat attractive :shy:

I'm not sure if I like the effect all in all. It's nice in the obvious way, but I also feel like I want my personality to be interacting with a girl, not a sort of more shallow attraction moulding my chit-chat all the time.

Oddly enough, I had a crush on a girl all through secondary/high school. Literally for years, I thought she was utterly sweet and babelicious!

She seemed to sort of like me, but it was like something about me held her back I guess. I always thought it was my weight.

Well...I bumped into her a few days ago and she saw my "new body". It was sort of like she didn't recognise me at first! But suddenly she was really chatty, smiling and laughing all the time...and genuinely sad to have to go.

I got some odd satisfaction out of that, but also some sadness. It's like I'm happy that clearly she liked how I now look, but I'm also sad that my physical appearance clearly means so much to these girls.

I'm the same person, why do I deserve so much more attention now that I'm more athletic? It sort of illustrates that life's not fair.

Or maybe I've earnt it? I guess I've worked hard to improve my body (I have blisters from pull-ups at the moment!), so perhaps I should just feel positive about it all :)

EDIT - I do hope I don't sound arrogant or pretentious with this post, it's hard to convey my thoughts with text. Really it's like I feel happy with myself for the first time in my whole life. But I almost can't believe that my life has changed so much too. Seeing the way my day-to-day interactions change so much, just based on what I look like is really eye-opening.

It also makes me think that almost anything is possible, for both me and others :)

Latest posts

Back