Some more photography

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

annik

Reaction score
Before I became interested in film I used to be a keen digital self portrait artist. I was quite proud of some of the things I did and I used to love having an idea and seeing it through to the end and having it work out exactly as I'd seen it in my head. I think I do miss it a little bit now. I hope one day I'll get there with film!

I used to get a little bit of grief for them all being self portraits but hey I'm on a loneliness forum so it goes without saying I don't really know that many people plus some of the stuff I did I think I'd have had a hard time talking anyone else into!

Its not like I'm vain! In fact I'm quite uncomfortable in front of a camera and I was kind of known for very rarely showing my face. It made it harder to convey emotion but in the end I think it made me come up with some better ideas!

Unfortunately I lost a lot of my photos but I thought I would start this thread to share some of the ones I still have.

Anyway after that rather long winded intro...

Self portraits with vintage camera's...

v5hehj.jpg

16ibhvo.jpg

2cx9r8z.jpg

_

2vildnm.jpg

"A little bird told me"...

9iz6vp.jpg

_

33jmyxv.jpg

"Escape"...

2ed89qv.jpg

I think they are beautiful. So are you, in my opinion, if you don't mind me saying so. By the way, about the emotion thing, not showing your face and making the photos the way you do, shows alot of emotion. Arguably more than when doing it otherwise. Also, there's a difference i guess between emotion and personality.

Look at me. I know nothing of photography. >< Trying to help though!

Thank you so much that's really kind of you to say. Its also nice when someone "gets it" I guess, I worked hard on them and it was liberating to realise I could still do what I wanted even though I didn't want to show my face. I guess it became my trademark, some people still thought it was weird though.

Aww they're all lovely, annik, as usual! I love your photos, especially ones with you in them. :)
Also.. I was curious.. where did you spill that drink on? Hehe..

stuff4096 said:
I like your style :) I hope you post more of your work!

Thank you.

ladyforsaken said:
Aww they're all lovely, annik, as usual! I love your photos, especially ones with you in them. :)
Also.. I was curious.. where did you spill that drink on? Hehe..

Thank you so much. He he yeah I was being good I was pouring it into a washing up bowl on the floor.

2ylv0xg.jpg
dvkjt1.jpg

2rgl1di.jpg

qnmrub.jpg

2uhbbs4.jpg

annik said:
Thank you so much that's really kind of you to say. Its also nice when someone "gets it" I guess, I worked hard on them and it was liberating to realise I could still do what I wanted even though I didn't want to show my face. I guess it became my trademark, some people still thought it was weird though.

That's the peoples' problem then, just stick to what you like doing, and expressing yourself in your way. It makes you and your work more unique an beautiful, in my opinion. :)

-Sai- said:
annik said:

That's the peoples' problem then, just stick to what you like doing, and expressing yourself in your way. It makes you and your work more unique an beautiful, in my opinion. :)

Thank you. I never really let the comments change what I was doing or what my photos were about. They were irritating to have to read all the time and feel like I had to explain myself, which of course I didn't!

2yltjbo.jpg

16jowaf.jpg

15f2b9d.jpg

3029kdc.jpg

Lovely photos! Very artistic. You have a nice own style of photographing.

-Sai- said:
Do you sell or market any of your work?

Not really, though I did once sell a print on flickr and get one done for my sister. I guess I never really did it to sell and never thought of making my living out of it. I mean its very hard to live as a fine art photographer. Doing things like weddings and family portraits is more of a job but I'd hate that. War photographer or photo journalism I'm not brave enough for. Think I'd like to be a cool girl in eyeliner doing band shots or concerts though! :cool:

I did get one of my pictures used as a drawing reference on flickr...

2h8cpcy.jpg

...which was cool. The photo is in the first post. I can't remember her username though so I can't credit her, though to be fair she never asked to use the shot in the first place! :rolleyes:

Some "through the viewfinder" photography...

Same shot, different edits...

2ivgu3s.jpg
kexe0h.jpg

"Birdnest Hair"...

2nhdl03.jpg

I've always loved your photography and these are some of the best shots I've seen from you. You're obviously very talented. In short, I love them :)

Cavey said:
I've always loved your photography and these are some of the best shots I've seen from you. You're obviously very talented. In short, I love them :)

Thanks so much! I guess I used to spend more time planning and seeing through ideas. Now I take more snaps of my daily life. (because now I have a life :shy: )

I am really quite proud of some of the stuff I've done over the years. That's pretty big for me too.

Love your photos! I really liked the one with the balloons in the oven. So weird in such a cool way. You're so creative, thanks for sharing. :)

Bei said:
Love your photos! I really liked the one with the balloons in the oven. So weird in such a cool way. You're so creative, thanks for sharing. :)

Thanks! I did like doing weird stuff! It was funny to read peoples comments trying to work out deep reasons for the balloons in the oven when I just did it because I thought it would look cool! :p

Latest posts

Back