Sometimes, I think I'm destined to be lonely.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Red914

Reaction score
I've been in the habit recently of leaving very vague posts here on ALL. It's just that I become so depressed, that I have little to no energy to talk for very long. I just need hugs from as many people as possible. I don't even know how to completely express how I feel.

I can't even say what's wrong. I keep losing friends and doing something to make people not like me that much anymore. Maybe I am really a creep, but I don't want to be. I desperately want to be someone who deserves love and can receive it. But I'm just isolated and don't seem to connect with others as much as I would like to.

Does that make sense? Again, it's very vague, but I'm just so full of sorrow right now. I need people who understand what I mean, and I need to hear comforting things. I need things to be okay, even if it's only for a bit. I am very grateful to everyone I've encountered on here. I believe my heart heals a little more when I'm here.

Hang in there, Red...

kittah_hug.jpg

I think there's a niche market for a Hug Shop.

I dont believe in destiny, but Im pretty sure there is something in me, or the lack of something, that wont let me connect with people. It just doesnt happen, whenever I think im getting close to someone, something happens that makes me realize its just my imagination, in the end im always alone.

I wish I could just lose all hope and move on with my life, doing other things with my time, instead of imagining conversations with people or imagining situations I hope could come true. But im so lonely its hard for me to concentrate in anything else. I wish I could live happy alone with myself, I wish I didnt think something else could be possible.

Its just that when I walk on the street when Im taking a bus, or walking across the campus or in a class, people seem so similar to me, and so close to me, and things look so easy, like it was only a small step between me and someone else, but whenever I take the step I realize there is an abyss between me and everyone else. I wish my eyes wouldn't deceive me like that.

I don't think anyone is destined to be lonely. Some people find it harder to connect to others, make friends and have relationships because of the way they were brought up and experiences they had when they were young but I believe it's possible for anyone to overcome that.

You should take encouragement from stories of other people who were lonely or unsatisfied with their life at some point and then turned it around. I've heard so many of these stories. It took them time to turn their lives around and they had a lot of highs and lows along the way, but the important thing is it's possible to do.

Red914 said:
I've been in the habit recently of leaving very vague posts here on ALL. It's just that I become so depressed, that I have little to no energy to talk for very long. I just need hugs from as many people as possible. I don't even know how to completely express how I feel.

I can't even say what's wrong. I keep losing friends and doing something to make people not like me that much anymore. Maybe I am really a creep, but I don't want to be. I desperately want to be someone who deserves love and can receive it. But I'm just isolated and don't seem to connect with others as much as I would like to.

Does that make sense? Again, it's very vague, but I'm just so full of sorrow right now. I need people who understand what I mean, and I need to hear comforting things. I need things to be okay, even if it's only for a bit. I am very grateful to everyone I've encountered on here. I believe my heart heals a little more when I'm here.

Hope you feel better soon ! :)

I'm sorry, Red.

I can sort of understand it, because I think part of my depression is pushing people away. I want to be happy, I know other people have it worse than me...but I can't seem to get over this feeling of being down.

I think introverts tend to be lonely a lot of the time. I don't think there is any shame in feeling lonely, either.

You don't sound like a creep. Maybe your friends were the fair weather sort.

If others seem to expect you to be unfailingly kind, tolerant and patient with them, but demonstrate none of this towards you then they're not worth knowing.

9006 said:
I think there's a niche market for a Hug Shop.

Thats funny because there's a nice song that used to play at my store called "Love Shop". But she says the lines so fast, it sounds like "Hug Shop".

That's a shop I would visit everyday.

You're right, very vague so I don't wanna be invasive, but you say you keep losing friends...there must be a reason for it? I've had friends that eventually kinda stopped talking to me, cause some people are just like that. If they're busy, or they get a girlfriend or something, sometimes they just kinda disappear and don't make an effort to maintain their friendships. But if losing friends is a continuous thing...what's happening that's leading to that?

a lonely person said:
I dont believe in destiny, but Im pretty sure there is something in me, or the lack of something, that wont let me connect with people. It just doesnt happen, whenever I think im getting close to someone, something happens that makes me realize its just my imagination, in the end im always alone.

I wish I could just lose all hope and move on with my life, doing other things with my time, instead of imagining conversations with people or imagining situations I hope could come true. But im so lonely its hard for me to concentrate in anything else. I wish I could live happy alone with myself, I wish I didnt think something else could be possible.

Its just that when I walk on the street when Im taking a bus, or walking across the campus or in a class, people seem so similar to me, and so close to me, and things look so easy, like it was only a small step between me and someone else, but whenever I take the step I realize there is an abyss between me and everyone else. I wish my eyes wouldn't deceive me like that.

I get this all the time. It can be highly frustrating every now and then. But often it doesn't bother me. I try to get on with other stuff in life.

I'm sorry that you're feeling so lonely. :/ Every person in this world (and this site) wants to feel precious, special, loved and cared. That's what life is about, that's what I think.. You're not a creep or weirdo, you just want to feel loved like we all do. :) Don't blame yourself for other people's acts or sayings. It's their opinion BUT it doesn't mean it's true. I'm sure you haven't done anything wrong. People can be so mean even if they don't meant to do so (depends on the matter of course). If I would be there, I would hug you! *hugs* Take care.

Gutted said:
a lonely person said:

I get this all the time. It can be highly frustrating every now and then. But often it doesn't bother me. I try to get on with other stuff in life.

most of the time it doesnt bother me, but from time to time something happens that makes it affect me.

a lonely person said:
Gutted said:
a lonely person said:

most of the time it doesnt bother me, but from time to time something happens that makes it affect me.

Same here. Usually someone I care about does something to trigger it.

Latest posts

Back