Somewhere I belong...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

thelonegamer

I guess my main issue right now is being rejected and/or ignored. It's what drives me now. It's the reason I stumbled across this forum in the first place. I mean, whenever I post my ideas people act as if it weren't even there, as if I'm invisible. But who cares? I keep saying I don't care, and I really don't, but it sucks. I totally sound an attention-seeker and perhaps that's it and I just can't admit it. The reason I started browsing till I found this forum was that: somewhere I belong. And I don't feel as if I belong in here...let alone anywhere else. I guess I do belong in some mad house. I just give up. I'm 99 percent sure I won't find anywhere I truly belong outside me. Haven't found, never will...

I am sorry that you are feeling as if you don't belong.

I have been here since March, and when I first joined..I didn't have high hopes of fitting in. I have always been someone who sits in the back, away from everyone. And I have had my share of ideas that have gone ignored.

But I have found that, even if no one seems to see you, that it's still better to put yourself out there. Because even if they don't say anything at the time, someone sees you.

The feeling of belonging really starts on the inside.

Exactly. I forgot. I create expectations. That's the source. Thanks a lot. Ceasing human interaction. Later

One thing you'll find on message boards is that people generally only open up threads so they can speak. I'm guilty of this too-- I read the title and already start formulating a reply in my head. You really don't pay attention to replies until you've already posted, it's always an afterthought. It's messed up, but I think we're all guilty of it.

What's different about this forum is that most titles give little, if anything, away. They're usually grim or depressing, but the key is in the elaboration of the opening post, and the following replies are essential to read so no ideas are repeated. Still, some replies are easier targets than others. It doesn't mean you don't have a valid voice-- people just go for the low-hanging fruit. If anything, it means you're more stable on the tree.

I'm sorry you feel left out, though. It truly sucks, but I doubt anyone intends to make you feel that way. You do belong here.

JustSomeGal said:
I am sorry that you are feeling as if you don't belong.

I have been here since March, and when I first joined..I didn't have high hopes of fitting in. I have always been someone who sits in the back, away from everyone. And I have had my share of ideas that have gone ignored.

But I have found that, even if no one seems to see you, that it's still better to put yourself out there. Because even if they don't say anything at the time, someone sees you.

The feeling of belonging really starts on the inside.

I agree with this.
However, I want to add that you can't belong if you don't want yourself to...if you don't ALLOW yourself to.
From what I'm seeing in your posts here, you always say that no one understands you, yet I've not really seen you give anyone here a chance TO understand you. People are replying to your posts and trying to give you advice, but you usually end up telling us that you won't go into detail because no one will understand. No one ever will if you don't take a risk and let someone try to understand. It's hard to let someone in enough to try to give you whatever it is you're looking for, but would you be any worse off than you are now if you tried?

I always think i do not fit in when i know it is just my imagination. I have low self-asteem so i think people will hate me the second they see a single word i type.

thelonegamer said:
I guess my main issue right now is being rejected and/or ignored. It's what drives me now. It's the reason I stumbled across this forum in the first place. I mean, whenever I post my ideas people act as if it weren't even there, as if I'm invisible. But who cares? I keep saying I don't care, and I really don't, but it sucks. I totally sound an attention-seeker and perhaps that's it and I just can't admit it. The reason I started browsing till I found this forum was that: somewhere I belong. And I don't feel as if I belong in here...let alone anywhere else. I guess I do belong in some mad house. I just give up. I'm 99 percent sure I won't find anywhere I truly belong outside me. Haven't found, never will...

This.

I feel much the same. The internet now mostly feels like it is just a mirror image of 'real life'. Nobody to talk with or share things with on any regular basis. No connection with anyone. And although there are millions of people using the internet each and every day .... I just never find anywhere to fit in. That really amps up the feeling of isolation, and yeah, rejection too. There seems to be somewhere for everyone else, no matter how weird or odd, or even dangerous they might be. But not for me. Huh, and like thelonegamer said, it sounds like attention seeking, self pity, and whining, but I also can't deny how it all makes me feel ....

I, too, came to this board hoping for a sense of belonging. I think that this board is too quiet to easily foster a true sense of 'community'. There don't appear to be many people who post here frequently. Therefore, it is hard to get to know anybody unless you post very frequently. Don't take it personally if it feels as though you are marginalised. And moreover, like someone else said, people like to post here in order to vent their own feelings. Most of us prioritise our own agenda over anyone else's.

thegreyman said:
I, too, came to this board hoping for a sense of belonging. I think that this board is too quiet to easily foster a true sense of 'community'. There don't appear to be many people who post here frequently. Therefore, it is hard to get to know anybody unless you post very frequently. Don't take it personally if it feels as though you are marginalised. And moreover, like someone else said, people like to post here in order to vent their own feelings. Most of us prioritise our own agenda over anyone else's.

^ this. Exactly what I meant. I first came here for a sense of belonging, knowing I'm not alone. I found instead something else. Everyone* prioritises their own agenda, everyone but me. I say this because I feel the feel of no one caring and I know how it feels like to be understood. I like helping people for I know how it hurts and how bad it is. That's why

sk66rc said:
Somewhere I belong... Great song by Linkin Park... Sorry, just had to say it...

I can't read this sentence in whatsoever context without singing it :D Linkin Park left good memories :)

Sometimes I read through threads and think "the bleep am I supposed to say" so there's that

JustSomeGal said:
Ymir said:
Sometimes I read through threads and think "the bleep am I supposed to say" so there's that

I have this issue, too :club:

I pretty much bleep at almost every thread, yet try to figure something out and actually help people out

thelonegamer said:
JustSomeGal said:
Ymir said:

I have this issue, too :club:

I pretty much bleep at almost every thread, yet try to figure something out and actually help people out

"Not all of those who failed did so without trying."

- Some philosopher at some point probably

Just because I didn't figure out what to say, doesn't mean I didn't try.

thelonegamer said:
^ this. Exactly what I meant. I first came here for a sense of belonging, knowing I'm not alone. I found instead something else. Everyone* prioritises their own agenda, everyone but me. I say this because I feel the feel of no one caring and I know how it feels like to be understood. I like helping people for I know how it hurts and how bad it is. That's why

Is that not an agenda? And are you not upset because others aren't following your agenda? Is that not prioritizing your agenda above everyone else's?

Also, you can't possibly believe that you are the only one on the entire site that offers any words of advice or comfort. If you really feel that way, then I suggest you take a second good look at the forum and its members. Kindness and caring have been present and plentiful since long before you registered.

Everyone comes to this site looking for "something," my friend. You are no different. So search for it and find it. Reach out. Don't expect that after a few sullen threads, friendship and comfort will be handed to you on a silver platter. In this world, things are not always that easy. You'll find that the place where you belong is the place where you decide to make yourself at home.

thelonegamer said:

Personally, your posts come off as a little self centered and you seem to lack empathy. You've been here less than a month. And over half of your posts are in one of the 17 threads you've started. How is that not prioritizing your own agenda? Plenty of members respond to you. What more do you want? A lot of us have been here for years. It takes time to make friends. Start pming people, hang out in the chat, participate in more discussions. I dunno, just give it some time. We're all here for different reasons. Hopefully you will eventually meet some people you mesh well with.

Latest posts

Back